N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Another Dj's Et FOR SALE

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
dj_djox

Another Dj's Et FOR SALE

Post by dj_djox »

The car has not yet been finished but here is what it should have prty soon :)

Name: Dj Location: Adel.
Year/ Model: 85 ET
Colour: Ford lime green (aka throw up green) with few different pearl
Period of ownership: 2-3 years never driven still building

Performance: to bee seen , been told to expect around 200hp at 18-20psi

Engine Mods: import engine (red rocker cover) , Bigger cam, port polish head, Garret T28, Rx7 550cc injectors. VL throttle body, 500X300X80 cooler, fuel pressure regulator, oil catch can(possibly), 4 puck extreme heavy duty clutch, 2.5" cooler piping, 3 Straight through exhaust, Standard n12 gearbox recond,battery has been moved to the boot, the afm will be removed,
more things that i cant think of at the moment... as i remember ill update

Interior Mods: Full leather retrim in ivory and black wrinkle, all seats and door panels and door armrests, and sun visors. also gear boot and handbreak boot.
Possible defi gauges (oil n water temp, n oil pressure n boost)
new black carpet. Momo steering wheel ,got momo gear knob. new 2 way alarm system and new central locking all waiting install. Might
Possible greddy boost controler, and a 1kg fire extinguisher seeing

Muzic: Dvd player(with full range of uses) kicker mono amp and 12" kicker comp. sub, soundstream 4ch amp and 4 rockford 4" speakers

Exterior Mods: lime green paint job
King springs front and pedders back.
The car has been tinted but ill have to get it tinted even further as dark as legaly possible not wanting to attract too much attention from the nice ppl in blue.

Wheels: 16" 3 spoke wheels (cant remember what brand they are) waiting to be painted either black or white any suggestions??most likely changing the wheels,

Other: I probobly listed everything i can think off if i remember or if something else is put in than ill update

Future Plans: Put everything i mentioned above into the car, start it , get it tuned, and go cruzing :)
and in the further future i have another e15et engine that has only done 80K that i wana change the crankshaft to e16, and do a full engine rebild forged pistons biggest cam, get it drilled and boned as far as it goes ,everything possible and get me the top spot on the list :)

But at the moment just finish this one and enjoy it
Pic: what it once was

preperation for engine bay paint, the radiator support has been changed for a brand new one (the black painted thing at the bottom of the pic.)
engine bay in primer
the final product
After the car has been painted (cant find the pix of preperation
More early pix of painted car
What it has become!!!!! as u can see the garage has had a makeover as well:)

The rear seats are pefect but the front seats are terrible thats what you get after 20 odd years(the red car is the donor car for all the nuts and bolts)

This is just the engine as it is, still a bit of work to be done no wiring has been connected and the rest of the stuff needs to be fitted

This is what we have started recently putting back the interior, the speaker wires have gone under the new carpet and the old comp has been fited to see where the wires need to go

more pix as we go

Anyway hope you had a good long read of what i listed and leave any comments :)
Last edited by dj_djox on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 23 times in total.
TimmyET

Post by TimmyET »

Sounds wicked, man. Cant wait for pictures
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

thanks ive just posted the few pix i found on the comp ill post more as we put the car back together and when i find some old ones
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Nice to see you painted the door sill edges and engine bay. I'm not a fan of lifting the bonnet to find a mismatched engine bay....

C
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

It would kind of be pointless spending all this money (trying to do everything on ebay budget) and not paint the engine bay, we were gona paint the whole interior as well the floor and all but decided not to as it would just be a waist of time seeing as you wont even be able to see it:)
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Not a genuine red top motor mate... its just a standard cover painted red. (not that there is really much difference)

You say "the afm will be moved"... why would you even have one when u have a wolf ecu?
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Do the wheels black, IMO
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Yeah well the roker cover is gona be painted the car colour as it is... and by afm moved i ment taken out... :) the car is still in pieces so untill we start putting it on im not 100% sure whats going in and whats staying out :)

and tips or anything is always helpfull

I want the wheels black as well but my brother is the painter so i gota run it past him if he dont like it he wont paint it heheh
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

all sounds pretty cool. your interior plan sounds exactly the same as my interior apart from doing all the leather stuff.

1 thing though, good luck trying to stretch an E15ET out to 2000cc. i think 1700cc might be on the money. can't remember exactly what CC but i think the most one has been taken out to is around the 1800cc mark. again same plan as me. i also have a spare engine and E16 crank to build a tough bottom end.

nice colour choice aswell. will stand out. :D
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Thanks for the compliment Ash..... yeah the colour is amazing in sunlight its really hard to look at how bright it is (when washed and polished :) we chose it just for that reason to stand out

well first we gota finish this one and repair my brothers mini (from car accident) and then later on in life we'll see what we can do with the other engine, if i do everything that my brother has done on his mini i think it would be easy 11s, if the car was just the shell and the engine with all the stuff i have in it its gona be as if im always driving another person around hehe... but we building it for a cumfy every day car:)

ps. do you hav pix of ur interior???
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i have a couple of pics of my interior in my members rides. but just to make it easy for you click the link
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3334

about your idea with the fire extinguisher where the centre console bin goes, i was thinking of doing the exact same thing a while ago! it's not a bad idea man. i still might install 1 in my ET yet. i had a small electrical fire not long after i bought my ET. you never know. you don't want to do all this work to your ET to watch it all go up in flames.
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

True that man, ive got a few fire exts. lying around one for my car and for my brothers mini,.. too many wires in the cars never know whats gona heat up so just in case ill have it handy...

well my first idea was to get a cromed one but i just got the little 1kg red normal one ($20) if anyone in adel needs them i can get them...

well with the crome one i was gona print a nos sticker and stick it on and put a few braided hoses going off it make it look like a nos bottle haha it would have been kool looking hehe :)

(Ash how much boost u runing on your car?? and where can i get the brace amm cant rememebr what its called but for the engine u noo the one across)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

currently on 17psi and click the link for the strut braces.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3656

Brendon/Boost Truck Racer makes them himself. i recommend them. send him a PM and i'm sure he can set you straight.

:oops: boost is actually on 19psi but haven't turned it back down to 17 yet :oops:
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Ash wrote:currently on 17psi and click the link for the strut braces.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3656

Brendon/Boost Truck Racer makes them himself. i recommend them. send him a PM and i'm sure he can set you straight.

:oops: boost is actually on 19psi but haven't turned it back down to 17 yet :oops:
Thanks for that Ash ive sent him a pm :)

whats the highest boost you've run on it, coz ive been toold that they can handle up to 20psi without stressing the engine?
dj_djox

CAR UPDATE

Post by dj_djox »

Ive just been prepering the interior plastics that go around the carpet on the door seel and a few bits and pieces for painting should be all painted in black tommoro arvo so that can go in...
Been discusing with my brother but it looks like the car will just have the t28 and standart comp on it untill it is started and then eventualy everyfin else will be put on, if not ill need sum moneyz to get a tuner to put them all on properly :), but when that time comes we'll deal with it

First gona finish of the interior well on the way :)