N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

vt ss auto trannie not working

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
n12et_exa

vt ss auto trannie not working

Post by n12et_exa »

hay guys and girls i have a mate with a 5lt vt ss auto he thought he blew the gear box but after fitting a new box to the commy the same thing has happened he puts the car into drive and gets bugger all wheel movement when he bash on the throttle (car is up on jack stands ) just wondering what every one thinks?????? the torque converters been spun in properly the pump shaft is still good but there is no oil travelling threw to the trannie cooler ...
could that be the problem or could it be something else ?????????

big cheers in advance for helping out
micksetn12

Post by micksetn12 »

sounds like the pump to me if you have no flow at all that is a big concern quite a few things can come into play there. i do have a book on these autos iv had a few issues from time to time mainly self inflicted tho :D. was the gearbox a brand new one or a secondhand job? most important did you replace the torque converter ?
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

yeah torquy was new and the gear box was ment to be a reco job im personally think the pump shaft might be stuffed ?????
micksetn12

Post by micksetn12 »

its hard to say without seeing the gearbox. it could even be one of the check balls in the input shaft it could be a broken spring inside the pump. i can supply info out of the book if you require it. iv found it helpfull at times like this. seeing as there is no pressure at all it all points back to the pump. this might be a long shot is the filter fitted correctly? possibly it has come adrift ? would be worth checking
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

yeah ill be checking it tonight and let you know its got me stuffed that two gear boxes have done the same thing is there anything in the manual about the electrics in the gear box i thought that there were electrics for shift solarnoids?????????? could that be a problem ?????????
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Are your transmission cooler lines blocked? Is the raidiator oil cooler blocked?

I've seen that before...
Race it.
micksetn12

Post by micksetn12 »

This will also help. Yes the electronics will cause issues like this. Make sure u check the fuses as the tcm one might be blown.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gen ... tions.html
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

all cooler lines are good used the air compressor to check