N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

206.8 Hp ET...Whos car is this

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thanks for that Evan.
Youve played your part in many many long thought out discussions and opinions we've had over the years about the technical side of these cars and i thank you for that :)

Really appreciate what youve said mate, means a lot

Gotta open up a link to get as many perth ET/EXA owners to the Motorplex in Perth this Wednesday 22nd Nov for our drag runs

Not sure how many ET/EXA owners there actually are in perth, i know many of them but their cars are in various stages. The more the better and we can all meet new members!

Wes
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Pleasure M8
Im glad some of it was of some use!!!
keep up the effort M8 and keep us posted on its progress.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Well thats the thing, i DO have a life, and whats left of it goes to the car.

And i cant be bothered doing a writeup on it, im not here to show it off, or compete with anyone. Everything ive done i pictured 9 years ago

Been workin on it way longer than a few months though, that was just the last section of it i did :-s
$25k.... when i thought it was around that point, i stopped counting and just kept on going with it. Im gonna own it for life so its not like i have to worry bout resale. I was in way too deep a long while ago to bail out

Dont think i will be puttin up pics or writeup coz as ive said, its for me, not to show off coz i dont like that kinda stuff. That, and ive very lazy, just cant be bothered

Sorry boys
Adds to theft risks also.... but.... id hate to be the poor person trying to even TOUCH my car... i'll tell you that much
They can think about their last actions -if poss- while theyre getting tube fed for the rest of their lives
Rzeractor

Post by Rzeractor »

Ahh Pulsar ETs. I'm gonna miss mine.
GarethSS

Post by GarethSS »

Wes wrote: Been workin on it way longer than a few months though, that was just the last section of it i did :-s
$25k.... when i thought it was around that point, i stopped counting and just kept on going with it.
Its not hard to spend that kinda coin when you do everything right! Even when doing it all yourself :shock:
Wes

Post by Wes »

GarethSS wrote:
Wes wrote: Been workin on it way longer than a few months though, that was just the last section of it i did :-s
$25k.... when i thought it was around that point, i stopped counting and just kept on going with it.
Its not hard to spend that kinda coin when you do everything right! Even when doing it all yourself :shock:

Yeah, and i HAVE done it all myself :)
CETFLY

Resurrecting old thread

Post by CETFLY »

Haha! I just came across this thread when trying to google search how much 206.8 Hp is (as per my dyno reading)!!
Hahaha oh man, so many years ago.
I STILL have the old beast! She's been covered up since I got back in 2009 after living in the UK for 2 years.
The head reconditioners stuffed up their tolerances with regard to my billet cam. The cam lobes were bigger than they thought and they didnt measure them. This happened a few times and I never knew why I was having so many engine dramas. Needless to say I'll never be using them again!
I need to get a new engine. What happened was the lobes were that big, they forced the tappets onto the valve stem seals. Over time they obliterated them and allowed oil to pass from the head, down the valves and into the cylinder.
I couldnt believe it was still running, and so strongly (true testiment to a LOT of time spent doing the right research and building her perfectly - apart from the head reconditioner obv!). When I stripped her down, there was freakin oil EVERYWHERE. But, she was still running strong, except she was getting smokey.
I heard a decent enough bang when I was at full boost, over-taking in traffic, prior to the strip down. After taking the head off, Evan said it looked like the ring lands on one or two of the pistons couldve been cracked. Its not good -at all- to have any oil in the combustion chamber. At idle is ok, if you still have the PCV valve and breather setup going to your intake (its crap and not good, but wont kill an engine) but at/on boost, it will bring on bad detonation and pinging. Which is most likely what happened, even though I never heard it.
So I'd love to get a rebuilt short motor, and throw my head on it and get the ol girl back on the road in the next x-amount of time. I wont sell her. I cant :P