N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

First Annual Classic Japan Car show (MElb)

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Damo

Post by Damo »

wraith wrote:The fact it was made in Australia makes it an Australian car irrespective of actual parts used.
Bullshit! Its a Japanese car assembled in Australia. None of the pats were 'made' in Australia.

So I'd ring up Sony in Japan, say hey I would like to buy a 50inch LED TV which is in component only form, solder the thing together in the garage and claim it as Australian made!!!

A bit like the R31 Skyline being Australian made, and when Nissan Australia wanted a SVD hottie version, Nissan Japan refused Nissan Australia to tinker with the ECU, so on this 'Australian made car' Nissan Australia had to add an intercepter box after the Japanese ECU to get it to do what they wanted it to. Nissan Australia were refused to do changes to an engine which was Japanese export only!

'Australian made Nissan', no such thing.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
wraith

Post by wraith »

Damo your a dead set numpty. Learn to read. I said the car itself was built in Australia not the damn parts.
Damo

Post by Damo »

wraith wrote:Damo your a dead set numpty. Learn to read. I said the car itself was built in Australia not the damn parts.
Dude, you wrote:
The fact it was made in Australia makes it an Australian car irrespective of actual parts used.

Based on that, anyone would assume you mean that the parts were made in Australia resulting in an Australian car. Where, the parts were actually made in Japan making the car a Japanese car assembled in Australia. I stand by what I have written objecting with your "Australian Car", the ET is not an Australian car?

Damo

wraith

Post by wraith »

I swear you make me facepalm so hard. THE CAR DAMO THE CAR. No where did I say parts I said CAR! Just give it a rest go put your glasses on re read my post then we can go from there. K thanks.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

have a readski

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Nissa ... ticle.html

i tell you one thing tho, when my ET was in a prang i had to wait for the rear quater panels to be shipped in from japan as the penis beaters couldn't not get it any where in aus
Damo

Post by Damo »

wraith wrote:I swear you make me facepalm so hard. THE CAR DAMO THE CAR. No where did I say parts I said CAR! Just give it a rest go put your glasses on re read my post then we can go from there. K thanks.
Re-reading your posts only, I must admit that you are right in what you are saying, I understand your veiw. (My bad).

Also, re-reading that Autospeed article, there is far more influence from Nissan Australia than I remember, (mind you there are quite a few tweaks added to nearly every car which comes to Australia to suit local conditions).

But, I still maintain that the ET is fundamentally a Japanese car built for the Australian market, and if it's not allowed in a classic Jap car show for that reason, that would be weak.

Damo

wraith

Post by wraith »

Soo how was this car show :P
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

good!

:D
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

The ET was developed in australia by howard marsden and paul beringer.
It used the 80% content rule and was CKD (complete knock down) from japan. You will have a CKD serial number on the build plate.

The VIN will also have 6FS showing it was built in australia (specifically the clayton plant)

N12 itself was designed in Japan, its just the ET model that was here.

And yeah your pretty much spot on there Damo about the R31, it was Zexel which refused the modification of the car (even as a whole not just the ECU), which was one reason for the piggyback. Of coarse SVD pretty much said yeah, watch us and went ahead anyway haha
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Car show was great!

The same sort of thing still happens now with GM Holden cruze. Initially fully imported they are now shipped in CKD form and assembled in Adelaide.

And to think the commodore and falcons are Australian made is one thing. But the only aussie stuff in them is the damn iron ore in the sheet metal. The only difference between them in my opinion is wher le the design is done.....

But that's just my jaded view on the Australian car industy which mr. Button fucked so well with his tariffs all those years ago.

Darren
Race it.