N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

RE: Racing

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Timmzy

RE: Racing

Post by Timmzy »

Hi All,

For those that care -- ill be racing at Sandown on Tuesday in the Four Four cup day sprint. Avoiding the horses as much as possible. At least with a car when you pull the handbrake up it stops. Horses do whatever the fuck they like.

I digress - There are over 100 cars entered and its always a great day to come and look at cars of all different variety's. Its a super sprint, so people will be pushing hard to get lap times - starting 4 cars at a time, there should be good action.

See you there

Car no. 385 - white ET if you don't know :)

Darren.
Race it.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Good luck dude. Get someone to takes some action pix of the monsta!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, I dont care... so get fucked....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JK's M8!!!!!!! Good luck with it dude. Sadly, I wont be able to make it over for that day. Not a simple drive from sunny tassie!

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
samual

Post by samual »

Good Luck mate.

Post some pics.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

ooh, now you tell me....after qualifying, Indian GP, and all day on Sunday at 2011 Australian hill climb Champs I think I may have spent my weekend race credits...bugger.

PS.
Bryant park is a good little track with great facilities for a club venue!
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Oh Callum sorry about that! I shoud have sent you a PM!!
Tas - well should I have expected anything less! haha. Made me laugh out loud at the laptop like a dickhead.

Well good news was:
- great day of racing. Had a total of 4 sessions.
- didn't rain.
- New Dunlop 205/50R15 R-specs soft M compound on the rear were OUTSTANDING
- A Personal best lap time of 1:3912 TWICE! Bang. Wholly attributed to rear tyres. I was literally throwing it into turns by the end of the day. Unbelievable difference to what I was using.
- no damage! to car, engine, trans, tyres or person :)

Bad news:
- No action shots just facey pics.
- DIdn't get on track until lunch because of 2 bad accidents early on
- limited to 4 runs instead of 5 because of above.
- Need 2 more Rspecs for the front but BIG $$$$
- Turbocharger means that I get put into over 2.5L modified class where they are doing 1:25 lap times. (!) like fucken quick.
- tyres were touching the lips of my rear guards. didn't damage them luckily only polished them up good like :)

More details later too tired.
Darren.
Race it.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

mm there was two big ones at the hill climb champs too (on the saturday though) , one mini driver went end over and broke his neck. A Mr2 driver had a big hit and broke his seat, three broken ribs....

Good to hear the car is holding up!

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Kinda weird that in Supersprints, you are "classed"???
The usual thing is to be grouped with 3 other cars running the same lap times after quali.

That way you have a group of 4 cars of similar performance all battling it out which makes for really interesting watching.

Seeing the "field" of 4 spread out to the tune of almost 15 seconds a lap is dumb!

Sounds like ur having some fun in this jigger M8. Thats the name of the game!!!!!!!

Cheers
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Timmzy

Re

Post by Timmzy »

yeah Evan,

you are kinda correct. It would technically just be a club day - and they were nervous about people passing on corners, etc - so it was weird like that.

But yes I did have a ball and the old $150 engineand box performed flawlessly and stills blows flames every now and then - which makes me laugh quite a bit.

Might find this interesting - little white ET from the view a de tomaso charade on the day. only half a lap, but better than photo's. The red commodore following through after me -- I had a REAL great dual with for a couple of laps. He was quick in a straight line, but the old turbo did alright to stay with him for some laps :)

I typed the youtube into this post, so if it doesn't work lemme know. We cannot get youtube at work its firewalled.

Darren.
Race it.