N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Non ET Related Hobbies!

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Dinwoodie

Non ET Related Hobbies!

Post by Dinwoodie »

Hey everyone,
Over the time i have been a forum member at N12turbo.com i have noticed many people do some pretty interesting things outside of forum posting here.

I figured i would start this thread so everyone can post up with it is they enjoy doing outside of the forum, hobbies, sports, things you enjoy doing with your spare time!

I will start and share the things i do!

Computers are the main part of my life. I first got into computers when i was about 14. I managed to get on the internet and learn about all the hardware and software sides of things. After learning everything i needed to know, i started to look into overclocking about 4 years ago and have never left a computer that touches my hand running at the stock speed.

Here is my computer setup -

Here is my computer -

Specs -
Gigabyte EP43T-USB3 Motherboard
Intel Quad Core Q9505 2.8ghz (Overclocked to 4.2ghz)
8GB Kingston HYPER X DDR3 2000mhz Ram
Nvidia GTX460 1GB DDR5 GPU
1TB WD 64mb Cache HDD
Corsair water cooling system (Tank, pump & Radiator)

I have been into gaming for years, i mainly play MMORPG's, I currently play Eve Online which is a MMORPG Strategy game set in space.
When i have a spare 20 mins i enjoy getting on Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 and teaching noobs all around the world how i roll. Whenever i get a good score i print screen it, I currently have a folder on my computer with 150+ print screens of scores that quite often get my put into the hacker category by other players. Here are a few!

I often change my name to shit-stir people buy i always keep the |210| infront of my name, as you can tell in the pictures!

Who's up next!
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

get fucked, thats a MASSIVE score on cod. i no longer want to play online lol is comp easier to play than ps3/xbox?
Dinwoodie

Post by Dinwoodie »

sashN12 wrote:get fucked, thats a MASSIVE score on cod. i no longer want to play online lol is comp easier to play than ps3/xbox?
Thanks mate :D , All the fraps videos you see on youtube of people played seem to be on a playstation, apparently that is the easiest. I struggle playing anything fast paced on ps3. I am used to fast paced PvP based games on PC so CoD is a walk in the park!
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

Good Idea,
and nice PC, I think I have to upgrade mine when I look at yours.
I posted this before, but why not.
I tinker,
At the moment I am building 2 push bikes,
one is a 4 seater, 2 peddles, it will look very much like a old model T Ford with a rumble seat, steering wheel and all.
The other, my other love is a 1971 F7 KAWASAKI which is being converted into a push bike, it will have a side-car and be done up in a WW2 style.
Yes, they are going to be heave for bikes, but I will be using some electric assistance.
Some of my other project.
Mechanical Art pieces of an exhibition of Steampunk

Tear drop trailer for scratch.

ctchme

Post by ctchme »

thats insane that cod score, i have just gotten out of the IT industry, making the transition into the automotive industry, love doing stupid shit, atm am building up a competition lawn mower powered by a 12a rotary :lol: am slowly repairing the chassis out of a broken john deere ride on that i picked up on the side of the road for $50, have gotten some rims off an old '74 morris minor, a bucket seat (like i said, stupid shit), and the engine of course.

Also helping a mate build up his race car, its a lil mx5 with a standard 1.8 litre engine, but with argueably the best suspension available, current best time on eastern creek of 1 min 59 seconds. major mods will be happening over the quiet season, including turbo, custom intake with quad throttle bodies, aftermarket ecu, full roll cage instead of half cage, new side exit exhaust, and if possible, further weight reduction
Heres a pic

On top of these "activities" I am also at tafe studying to become an auto electrician, and currently looking for an apprenticeship :) So i do keep busy enough, but want more haha
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Speaking of hobbies, my new toy is a nitro rc car. Shaft driven AWD, 2 speed box, .15 engine, full slicks blah blah blah. Il throw some pics up tonight.
Dinwoodie

Post by Dinwoodie »

Valentich wrote:Good Idea,
and nice PC, I think I have to upgrade mine when I look at yours.
I posted this before, but why not.
I tinker,
At the moment I am building 2 push bikes,
one is a 4 seater, 2 peddles, it will look very much like a old model T Ford with a rumble seat, steering wheel and all.
The other, my other love is a 1971 F7 KAWASAKI which is being converted into a push bike, it will have a side-car and be done up in a WW2 style.
Yes, they are going to be heave for bikes, but I will be using some electric assistance.
Some of my other project.
Mechanical Art pieces of an exhibition of Steampunk
Wow man, this stuff is INSANE! I remember seeing these pics when i first joined n12turbo and it still blows me away! Those are some SERIOUS Mad skills you have!

You will have to post pics of your motorbike to pushbike conversion mate

Jordz
Dinwoodie

Post by Dinwoodie »

ctchme wrote:thats insane that cod score, i have just gotten out of the IT industry, making the transition into the automotive industry, love doing stupid shit, atm am building up a competition lawn mower powered by a 12a rotary :lol: am slowly repairing the chassis out of a broken john deere ride on that i picked up on the side of the road for $50, have gotten some rims off an old '74 morris minor, a bucket seat (like i said, stupid shit), and the engine of course.
You left computers to go to cars? Your mad :wink: Your going to have to post pics of this monster lawn mower when your done, i love looking at anything that goes faster than it was initially intended, as do the rest of the members haha

The mx-5 stuff sounds expensive, i just can't get to love these cars, i don't know what it is. When someone says mx-5 to me i picture a desperate mid 40's loser trying to get in touch with his long long lost youth :lol:

Jordz
sgs

Post by sgs »

Vintage motor cross

stupid shit :lol:

Ps im 39
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Stupid shit?? LMAO Not at all. Right up my alley.
I must get some pix of my old Mk11 Bultaco Pursang then. Bought from new. I still have it.

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

tassuperkart wrote:Stupid shit?? LMAO Not at all. Right up my alley.
I must get some pix of my old Mk11 Bultaco Pursang then. Bought from new. I still have it.

L8r
Oracle

abit of age there mate ,don't think many would of ever heard of a bultaco
stoped biulding them back in the 80s didn't they?

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
sgs

Post by sgs »

Here s a classic shot of the pre 75/78 class the same weekend.
A few guys from oz came over for that weekend too.
sgs

Post by sgs »

Post up some pics tass!

we have a few CZ's and Jawas too.

its sad these old bears arnt still producing anymore
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

You left computers to go to cars? Your mad :wink: Your going to have to post pics of this monster lawn mower when your done, i love looking at anything that goes faster than it was initially intended, as do the rest of the members haha

The mx-5 stuff sounds expensive, i just can't get to love these cars, i don't know what it is. When someone says mx-5 to me i picture a desperate mid 40's loser trying to get in touch with his long long lost youth :lol:

Jordz
Yea sure did, just got too tired of them, my passion is and has been for quite a while. will upload some pic's of the mower when its finished. And yea with the mx5, when i first got it, all my mates that are use to driving v8's or v6's all gave me shit for gettin a hairdressers car, but shortly afterwards i put a veilside bodykit on, some aftermarket tail lights, and changed everyones views on it, i personally love it, when it was on the road, it was primarily a show car, had all the cool gadgets, ie. dvd player, lcd screens, sound system, 18 inch chromies, etc. But now is a dedicated race car, interior has been stripped, has just one plastic seat that weighs approx 3 kg's has a dash full of the necessary gauges to ensure we know what is going on in the engine. Also has a series of cameras all around the car that i have custom made to transmit back to a laptop in pit bay (ok, so i did get that skill from the i.t. industry, but ssshhh!) The part i love most about driving the mx5 most, is seeing the guys at the track in their 6L v8's and me catching and overtaking them :) the look on their faces is priceless
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

There ya go.
2 of them. The old "Bully" and a Yamaha YZ125c.

A very young Tassuperkart on the YZ125c. Id be about 15.
Ported, 36mm Mikuni and straight methanol back in the day racing at canberra as a senior C grader

The pix of the Bultaco were just after I had painted it hence no numbers on the sidecovers.
Ported, lightened flywheels and 12 petal reedvalve with 38mm Mikuni.
You even get a pix of of my old V6 Capri. I was 17 when that pix was taken out at "The black track" behind the Kurnell oil refinery.

No body armour and padding and shit back then!! There wasnt any! Just leather trousers and a bloody long sleeved tee shirt!!!!
Old SIDI buckle up boots.
One of those clip on stone guards to keep your teeth intact and thats it.
Cunts now look like fucking Darth Vader in all that clobber pmsl!

Cheers
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.