N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Question

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
WTF_15L

Question

Post by WTF_15L »

could a rear wheel drive sr20det engine be converted to front wheel drive, the only thing im worried about is the mount on the drivers side, which on a rear sr20 would be on the front of the block im just trying to search up weather there are mounting holes there or drilling and tapping is needed to be done to the block to bolt on the drivers side engine mount... and would a sr20 front wheel drive box meet up with a rear sr20 S13 its my cheepest option or ill have go the beefy GTI-R engine

cheers
agecage

Post by agecage »

As far as i understand, there is a difference with mounting gearboxes on. As far as i know u cant put a fwd gear box on a rwd sr. I maybe wrong.
Ive seen many conversions where they put sr20ve engines in rwds. But they do it by only swapping the heads. Must be a good reason for it.
N12 Exa turbo
sgs

Post by sgs »

why?!
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

he probably has / access to a cheap RWD SR20?
WTF_15L

Post by WTF_15L »

shanec86 wrote:he probably has / access to a cheap RWD SR20?
correct :) but will most prob get a GTIR half cut, Why?? cause im doing a conversion, i have a gtir service manual with me as well with dimensions of the rear sub frame, i just have to get under the rear of the et and measure it up and see what mods are to be done, if its not too much hassle i might 4wd the sucker... you may as why? i say cause i can, i just have to find parts the rest i can do my self... but its still in the early stages, iv made the front mounts and cross member to fit an sr20de but i belive the cross member for the gtir is diffetent ill find out once i get one i guess... keep an eye out on this post

chris
WTF_15L

Post by WTF_15L »

after reading through these 2 post it seems fairly straight foward to do an AWD conversion. http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.p ... ox-options

http://www.sr20-forum.com/nx2000/15006- ... rsion.html