N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Official Written Warning.

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Andjeti

Official Written Warning.

Post by Andjeti »

I was chatting to my brother today, who is in the process of painting his missus' Suzuki Vitara. They are doing a backyard job, literally in the back yard. Anyway on sunday 2pm, there comes a knock at the door. It was the council issuing a written warning, they have 21 days to finish the car, move it, or face a $2000 fine.

According to the council (Logan City Council, Qld), it is now illegal to do any work, other than minor work, on your car in a residential area. I can understand this for people who work on their vehicles at all times of day and night, but seriously, a compressor and orbital sander at 2pm on a sunday arvo is too noisy for residential areas? It's not like it is a big industrial compressor either, it's one of those 2.5Hp 40Lt Supercheap Auto jobs. My exhaust is louder.

I'm going to look into this further, because, not only did my brother get a warning, because he was doing the work, his missus got a warning, because it is her car, and her parents got a warning because it is their premesis.

It's got me a bit worried though, I'm constantly doing work on my pulsar, Plus I am half way through dismantling another vehicle to turn into a track pig.

So for everyone of us "enthusiasts" who enjoy doing their own work on their own vehicle, take a few minutes to check the local council laws regarding what you can and can't do on your own premesis.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

this is actually becoming a regular thing everywhere now. i have heard a few cases of this now and it's absolute bullshit! all it is a bunch of whinging fucktards that have nothing better to do.
I consider it to be thoroughly un Australian! it is part of our culture to stuff around on our cars in the backyard. it's getting to the point where having a tool shed will be illegal. banging a nail, sanding, cutting some wood will be illegal.
i think it's going to get to a point where all backyard hobby workers are going to have to unite as one and fight this crap! i consider it an Aussie birth right to fuck around out the back on our little hobbies!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

They must have been allerted by someone... a neighbout maybe?

Call the council up when your neighbours are weeding their garden and own them for using tools in the garden.
sgs

Post by sgs »

Thanks god i live in the wop wops, driving up and down the drive way with open headers is great fun :D
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

yeah government past the law a few months back, was all through the papers.

a couple of years back i got a letter and an information pack sent to me about running a buisness from a residential property. the letter said, "we have reason to believe you are running a high performance tune up service from these premisis", i lol'd so hard. i called the council and told em where to go...........

do what you want mate, if they come round again take it to court for deformation of freedom
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

15exa wrote: take it to court for deformation of freedom
Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man, thats one of the funniest lines i have read in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*wipes tears from eyes*

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

FFS! :evil:

If that is the case everywhere, I wonder why the neighbours round my olds haven't yet complained about the late friday night grinding/welding/banging? Go and have a whinge you bunch of fucking sooks, I'll shut down your grid!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

So the culprit was the old woman who lives across the road. The same one that dobbed the bloke down the road in for pulling the wheels off his truck and wire-brushing them. He got home from work, pulled a wheel off his truck, started cleaning it with a wire brush, just to get the road grime off it, and half hour later the council was there to issue a warning. Where is the noise involved in that?

The same woman who comes out and has a go at you for parking on the road in front of her house. I was tempted to borrow a couple of 12" subs from a mate, crack them up at around 2pm on sunday when I go see my sister in law, park out the front of the old birds house and wait. Then when she comes to have a go at me, very politely inform her that I am parked on a public road, The stereo is within legal dB range, as is the 3" straight through on the Pulsar, and if she has an issue with this, she can feel free to go fuck herself. But vengance isn't my way. Pity. Guess I'll just go help my brother finish the Vitara.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Andjeti wrote: But vengance isn't my way. Pity.
Vengeance is everybodies way my man, you're just not trying hard enough. Fire bomb the old bag, do the old dog shit in the bag on fire on her front porch. Anything just to make yourself feel better, man up and take the old broad to town.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

xr6eta wrote:
Andjeti wrote: But vengance isn't my way. Pity.
Vengeance is everybodies way my man, you're just not trying hard enough. Fire bomb the old bag, do the old dog shit in the bag on fire on her front porch. Anything just to make yourself feel better, man up and take the old broad to town.
or if you want to take it to the next level, how old is she? do you know is she has heart problems and could maybe be induced into a heart attach? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Ash wrote:I consider it to be thoroughly un Australian! it is part of our culture to stuff around on our cars in the backyard
Agreed! (obviously I'm not part of your culture... sort of, but I agree with the Aussie philosophy, and have become very much influenced by it)

How did anybody come up with a bright idea to make a law like that? Now every grandma in every single neighborhood will do that same trick. :x
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Reswob

Post by Reswob »

I agree as well. It's the Australian way to do your own thing in your backyard like fiddling with your car. Somehow I think that our society and its values in being completely degraded.
The legends we write help us grasp the truth.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

TurboZ.Dude wrote:
Ash wrote:I consider it to be thoroughly un Australian! it is part of our culture to stuff around on our cars in the backyard
Agreed! (obviously I'm not part of your culture... sort of, but I agree with the Aussie philosophy, and have become very much influenced by it)

How did anybody come up with a bright idea to make a law like that? Now every grandma in every single neighborhood will do that same trick. :x
tell me about it. fair enough if you have the grinder or sander going at 9pm onwards you should get a kick in the ass but during normal day hours is a load of crap!
the laws here in Australia are just becoming more and more ludicrous every year.
i think i might move down to Tasmania. i hear the laws in that country are a bit more relaxed like it's inhabitants :twisted:
sgs

Post by sgs »

Or New Zealand, Noise control give you about two warnigs and then take your shit and or give you a fine of like $400, and thats only at 10:30 pm onwards!!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Noise control....? Whats that? Angle grinders at midnight? Yup!!!
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.