N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

VICTORIAN FLOODS

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
xr6eta

VICTORIAN FLOODS

Post by xr6eta »

Hey Ash

Hope you got that Et sitting somewhere high mate, water is no good for motors and interiors. How you going, are you affected.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Hey Glenn. all is well so far mate. i am in a higher area of town and probably shouldn't stress too much. the floods are pretty tame at the moment in Wangaratta but surrounding towns are getting pretty wet. no one seems to know what we are in for in the coming weeks. some say we will have worse floods than back in 93 which were pretty bad and others say it will rise slightly more then drop off which means we get out of it easy.

more rain is forecast in the coming week but nothing drastic. the main river running through Wangaratta (the Ovens river) is meant to reach it's peak midnight tonight.

I am more worried for my VL at the moment. if flood waters reach my house my VL is still half sanded back (seeing as i have been extremely lazy) and will rust like a MOFO!
last Friday i got energetic and dropped the motor and gearbox from the ET so they are sitting on the ground along with the spare motor and gearbox that will go in so i probably should get the spare box and engine in just incase.

Benalla, Myrtleford and Euroa have been the worst affected towns locally so far
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Cheers mate, you're know we're all here if you need anything. Got a brother in Shep with a bit of land as well so if they cop it bad, I might head down if they need a hand. Will let you know and I'll call in. Catch ya, take it easy.
SevPP

Post by SevPP »

Benalla wasn't as bad as was expected. I had the jetski ready to cut a lap of the main street but it never flooded. Only a small section near the gardens.
Dunno what the cops would've said if I hadve done it. Probably get reamed but figured it'd be a one off opportunity!
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

cheers Glenn. i think it is as bad as it's going to get. hopefully.

SevPP, i like your thinking. i think there were a few houses in behind the show grounds that got some flood attention. nothing major though from what i seen Saturday night.
when i came into Benalla Saturday night around 11:30ish one of my mates needed a piss so i thought i'd do the usual and go down under the counsel building to the toilet. not knowing how bad the flood was at that stage i got a nice surprise when i found it was completely submerged :lol: