N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

RE: Winton 6hr

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Timmzy

RE: Winton 6hr

Post by Timmzy »

Hi Everyone,

I am booked in to race in the Winton 6hr.

We are camping up there. It should be heaps of fun - dates and details to follow.

Could be an opportunity for some like minded individuals to drive their N12's to one spot for the weekend or a day....................and to watch probably in the order of 150 (last years numbers) real race cars come out of the closet for a weekend of non-stop real car racing action!!!! Not this V8 supercar or brute bogan racing....

I didn't want to say the C-word (Cruise) for fear of being flamed down................but some of you could potentially, if you wanted to - drive to Winton for the day :)

Discuss:

Darren.
Race it.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i only live 20 minutes away from Winton so i will show up. in a bogan car though. :oops:
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Wish I was clsoe enough to come.
What are you racing Tim?
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Timmzy

Q

Post by Timmzy »

Ash. Seeya there then! Bring the et! I secretly love vl turbo too shhhhh.. And skylines and valiant chargeres and vn ss.

Renegade: lol are u serious? This made me laugh a lot - I am not paying u out, but I am racing my 1985 n12 et turbo that doesn't have enough boost or fuel... But hey who cares. And yes before you get up off the floor laughing I am seriously going to give it a go.

What could possibly go wrong???

Actually don't answer that...off to the shed to fix brakes..

;)

Darren
Race it.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Q

Post by Ash »

Timmzy wrote:Ash. Seeya there then! Bring the et! I secretly love vl turbo too shhhhh.. And skylines and valiant chargeres and vn ss.

sorry dude. will be there in my family wagon :D
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Q

Post by The Renegade »

Timmzy wrote:
Renegade: lol are u serious? This made me laugh a lot - I am not paying u out, but I am racing my 1985 n12 et turbo that doesn't have enough boost or fuel... But hey who cares. And yes before you get up off the floor laughing I am seriously going to give it a go.

What could possibly go wrong???

Actually don't answer that...off to the shed to fix brakes..

;)
Darren
LoL. I thought you might have been, but didn't wanna seem like an idiot. Then after I posted I realized that this STUPID frigging iPad had auto corrected T I m m z y into Tim. I can't figure how to bypass the auto correct ... Hence the spaces.

Anyhow, good luck racing mate, hope she holds together.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

ill come for a look see, wont b in the et tho, strippd atm.. would b nice to meet some of u for once, haha
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Would be nice, I'd like to do the 6 hour one year....but will be OS when its on this year.

C
Timmzy

r

Post by Timmzy »

Callum,

Yes I was going to see if you were interested in grabbing a spot -- but I found out just yesterday that the team is now full.............turns out there are a heap of toyota guys that want in.

If you are overseas it kinda stuffs things up anyway!

We are going to do a couple of track days together first just to get into the swing of things, ill let you know when they are on.

Darren.
Race it.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Cool, and let Jay (japcrap) know too. He's down your way and want to do some sprint stuff. Was there on the weekend picking up the prop valve.

You still a CAMS club member?

C
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Ahso you finally got a prop valve to play with. Good work.

Nah I let all my CAMS memberships lapse, so I will be updating those real soon. Join up with the NCCA again -- that lapsed too.

Also thinking about doing Cup day sprint if your interested? Could be a good goal for you to aim for with the Exa engine?

By the way....I never asked but how did the rear end go with the bushes? Was it more stable?? Got side tracked with all of the engine drama - pardon the pun...

darren.
Race it.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

yeah I liked it, not that I got to many laps done, three timed, 1.43 down to 1.40
I didn't really get to flog it much, I was more trying the brakes at the early stages. You know, down the main straight, brake, oops way to early. next time down the straight brake later, oops still way to early, later again, oops still to early.
front straight speeds at braking point went from 175 to 190 and it was still too early. My guess is the current set up would be good for at least 1.35 with some laps, possibly 1.30......

It had good turn in, a little throttle on understeer, but not much

C

Oh, I'll be flying back in from Hong Kong on 31 Oct, so not much chance of entering the Cup Day sprints. May try to drop down a watch some though.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

when is this on anyway? i don't want to miss it.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hi, Yeah shoulda posted details a little earlier sorry Ash.

For Everyone:
What: Winton 6hour Regularity Relay race
Where: Winton
When: 23rd & 24th October 2010
How: Camping available at circuit or organise your own stay in Benalla/caravan park, etc. OR just cruise up for the day to say hi!!
$$: Entry for spectators to the event is free is my understanding. $10 per head for a piece of dirt to camp on at the back of the circuit if you chose.

More Info:
http://www.aroca6hour.org.au/

What am I doing?
- I am racing my ET in a team 6 cars called "Bits and Oddbods" from the Toymods (Toyota) forums. Which is basically the leftovers of Celicas, an Alpha, a torana, a ford anglia racecar and a couple of other randoms that they needed to make up numbers. There are 3 Toyota based teams - 1 of which is the Team Celica which a very good mate of mine is a part of. Thus the connection and request to race because one of the other team members from the odd bods blew his engine.

- So we will be heading up Friday night in readiness for practice/qualifying Saturday and racing on Sunday. So we will be camping both nights.

- A number of my mates will be coming up and camping too, so there will be plenty of people actually camping. MOST of the toymods boys will be camping to.

Its going to be a big event.. limited to 38 teams of 6 cars which is theoretically 228 cars. So you will get to see rare and special cars out there door-to-door racing (Like an ET pulsar....really? who would bother?) So it should be a great event :)

So in summary I thought it might be a good idea to post it out here to let the Melbourne N12 boys (and girls) know that I'm going to be flying the N12turbo flag for us on the weekend. Whether that be good or bad I'm not sure.

If people want to organise a "cruise" or daytrip get together that's fine, or even come and up and camp - Whatever.

Its 9 weeks away. So don't give me that "You didn't give me enough time" bullshit

;)

OK enough chitchat, I have HEAPS of work to do on my car to get it ready :shock:

Darren.
Race it.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

cheers. i did look up in the Winton calendar to find this 6 hour race and seen the Aroca but thought it was an Alfa only event. my bad.