N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

RE: Winton 6hr

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
SevPP

Post by SevPP »

Hey Timmzy!

I met you at one of the Winton days some time ago. I was probably in the grey FC RX7. I've got a gold N12 Exa that I ran in the 6hr 3 years ago. I actually held 2nd outright for awhile after starting 3rd or 4th on the grid in the wet. We finished 12th that year with me and a mate both driving the Exa until we ran out of pads.

I reccomend anyone to have a run at this. I've had a blast every year I've run. 2 in the RX7 and one in the Exa. May be running again this year, maybe in the Exa but my normal team has had a bit of a falling out with the AROCA.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hi!

Yep I remember. It was at a winton practice day (i'm pretty sure or was it one of those Adam Ronke organised days? cant remember) and we were waiting for some of the idiots/bogans in commodores to get off the track (or stack) so that we could have a go! Those dudes were just stupid on the track!

That RX7 of your's was fucking quick as! You still got it?? I didn't know you ran in the 6hour in an Exa that's great. Do it again this year. I think some other teams are running short. Contact AROCA if you still wanna go.

Hmmm yeah I have heard mixed things about AROCA but apparently they do a pretty good job of the 6hour. We shall see. Although the Phillip Island hour - which just ran - was apparently heaps better organised.

Hopefully see you up there.

PS I've forgotten you name!! Sorry :oops:

Darren.
Race it.
SevPP

Post by SevPP »

Its Glen :D

The grey mazda is just a toy. The serious one is the red series1. Should be another 5-6 seconds quicker. Broke the gearbox in the grey one last time out at Winton and then the turbo the following weekend at Wakefield 6hr.

I'll be running at the next Tampered Day in the Exa. I almost ran in the PI 6hr but they only accepted one Tampered-Pedders team so I missed out.

Yeah I may still try and do Winton 6hr this year. Will probably be in the Exa if I do.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

do they let stock V6 VR (Benalla style race cars) Coms out on the track? :lol:
i guess i will meet you all out there?
sleeper_et

Post by sleeper_et »

Hey Darren,
That's really cool that you are doing the 6 hour.
How's the confidence in the breaks? What sorta times have you been running round there in the dry?

Good luck man, hope it goes well.

Cheers
Dan
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hi Dan,

Confidence with the brakes is high, I have been using them for some time now - around about 3 years of circuit racing - but unfortunately my last attempt at bedding some new pads in didn't go to plan and I warped the rotors. Just getting some new ones this week. And then all good.

My best time at Winton in the wet is 1:53 on street radials. Unsure what its fully capable of in the dry. I need to find out before we start nominations.

Some members of our team are going to go up and do a practice day to work out what sort of times we should be nominating, as its a regularity trial.

Darren.
Race it.
Timmzy

RE

Post by Timmzy »

Hi,

Well the Winton 6 hour has been run and Won. We didn't. We came 25th out of 40 odd teams which was great considering it was an odd bods team.

Practice on Saturday went well for me. I got 2 sessions and mangaged to get down to a 1:51 which I was happy with. So I nominated a 1:54 as a do all day time.

Sunday - race day - came around and we were going great. I was last to go out on my team, so I hit the track around 1:30PM. Did 30mins of really consistant 1:54~1:55 and then BANG TINK TINK TINK..

I think I have spun a bearing in the engine. So day over :(

But it was worth it. Heaps of fun and Ill be doing it again.

Engine rebuild time - right there with you Callum!!!

Darren.
Race it.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

ahh crapsticks..... but at least you had a good run with that engine.

C