N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

New mobile speed cameras in N.S.W.

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
kid nismo

New mobile speed cameras in N.S.W.

Post by kid nismo »

just a friendly heads up to all NSW drivers, dont speed on the streets! mobile camera in operation from today onwards!
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Good idea Kid Nismo - I think this is something that all N.S.W. drivers should read --

Mobile Speed Cameras in NSW - Start 19th July
All beware. This work has been awarded to private contractors who will want to maximize their results:-
How do the cameras work?
Mobile speed cameras work like fixed speed cameras, however, they are moved from location to location in a vehicle.
The mobile speed cameras are operated by technicians who will only be responsible for driving the mobile speed camera vehicle to the scheduled enforcement location, setting up the camera in accordance with operating procedures and ensuring that the camera is secured and operating correctly while it is enforcing speeding.
As with a fixed speed camera, the actual enforcement of speeding will be an automated process that is conducted by the camera. A vehicle's speed will be detected using an approved speed measurement device such as a radar. If a vehicle is detected speeding, a digital image of the vehicle is recorded from which all details regarding the speeding vehicle can be extracted.
This image is then used to generate an infringement.
Will signage be installed warning motorists on the approach to the cameras?
There will be signage after the mobile speed camera vehicle to alert drivers that their speed has been checked so they have the opportunity to modify their behaviour. There will be no advance warning on the approach to cameras.
Why is the program being outsourced?

The mobile speed camera program will be managed by the RTA, with the operation and maintenance of speed cameras and vehicles outsourced to a third party who is a private contractor. Outsourcing the operation of mobile speed cameras means police resources will not have to be diverted from other hands-on road safety activities such as random breath testing and roadside drug testing.
Outsourcing will also reduce the cost to the NSW Government associated with purchasing and depreciation of infrastructure.
The RTA, in consultation with the NSW Police Force, will manage the deployment of mobile speed cameras to ensure the program delivers maximum road safety benefits. Locations for mobile speed enforcement will be based on road safety criteria determined by the RTA's NSW Centre for Road Safety in consultation with the NSW Police Force and NRMA Motoring and Services
The certification of speed measuring devices will continue to be managed by the RTA, as they are with fixed speed cameras, to ensure the accuracy and reliability of mobile speed cameras.
The State Debt Recovery Office will continue to be responsible for processing and issuing infringements to ensure that a third party will not be able to obtain or use the personal details of motorists.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

haha it will be interesting if they abide by the laws set out for the camera usage. I know for fact they mostly DON'T adhere to the rules set out here(mainly to do with where the unit is to be placed and signage). We have had mobile camera's here for years and very few fixed units so we are used to looking out for Forestor's and shitsubishi 4wd's with dark windows lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
hoppae15

Post by hoppae15 »

ah i found a new vehicle the other day that they use down here in tas and thats the new ford ranger utes watch out for them they are real tricky
hop
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

They also use HiLux's the bastards
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
hoppae15

Post by hoppae15 »

that wouldn't surprise either actually thats a funny thing i was driving through the northern suburbs main road moonah glenorchy if people know hobart and i saw an udercover ford focus xr5 pulling over another car know thats a surprise cop car and they would go pretty hard to
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yep, they use Hi-Lux's allright.
Plain white tradies flattrays with ladders in the back and no uniform.
Cheeky bastards.
They also have plain Camrys and Aurions as well.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
boosted

Post by boosted »

we have to deal here with mobile speed cameras ever since.
i remember there were controversies, when the work has been outsourced to private companies in some small communities. (i think the contracts were rejected after a while)

at least, in your case the thing is still managed by the state authorities to, but i know, it still leaves a bad taste.....

cheers
martin
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Here's an undercover car I saw near Taree in N.S.W. that you guys should watch out for on the way to the cruise - A dark green Subaru Liberty.
Wouldn't have picked it but for the strobes in the back window.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

We have had mobile speed cameras in Brisbane for a while there. in QLD they even sign the sides with artwork police "
speeding kills" and stuff like that to fool the eye of a cautious speeder.

in NSW they have had these but its been in a plan visible police car now its in any car they feel like. Now if you have seen the police car you would of noticed the blue sign after of before the car "speed camera in use." In QLD they put these signs sideways so the only way to read it is to turn your head sideways as you passed the car.

and i have seen the QLD ones hidden so far you only catch it when its in your rear-view mirror.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

it just makes me want to go postal. :x :twisted: