N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

my daily

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
et_rider

my daily

Post by et_rider »

ok not related to poosars but with out this car i cant get my poosar fixed so

The Car im talking about is a vh sl/x really looked after daily
Engine 202 Blue
new alt
new globes (every were)
3 speed auto

long story to help explain a bit better......

ok on Christmas eve I took the family out to go to Lobethal (those not from Adelaide all the Chrisy lights go up and look really pretty) any way coming back just out side of Cheltenham I was flashing an idiot who had his high beams on, well just as i went past him I went to turn on my high beams and lost all lights, well that involved trying to follow my mate home with nothing but parkers,

Well when I got home I had a better look know all I have is. In order.
turn parkers on interior lights all work parkers come on front and back BUT when you indicate both front parkers will flash??? indicators on the front don't do anything but on the back they will,

Turn the lights on, interior lights work fine were as both front indicators come on no head lights no front parkers you indicate like that nothing happens.

Now I have rang a few mates of mine and they have given me a few options
1: The first one was the relay ???? were the hell is the head light relay
2: Was the fact that I am running brighter globes 90/100 I think it is well apparently its common for the plugs to melt so I had a look shore enough they were both melted (fixed that no change)
3: The stalk (replaced that had no issue no change)
4: The trailer plug (fixed that had no issue no change)
5: An earth is my last option does any one no were that is for this, I have read the book and it says that all front lights have the same earth but I cant find were it is.
6: Fuses (all fine no issue)

any help will be gr8 as it is our only family car atm as the missus cars head gone and as you can imagine its Christmas so we wont to be able to go to family junctions and not have to come back b4 dark, I'm sorry for the story I just added as much detail as to help out with fixing the issue
Last edited by et_rider on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i reckon using those globes has melted something else. check the back of the fuse box, the relays and the switches
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

BennyET wrote:i reckon using those globes has melted something else. check the back of the fuse box, the relays and the switches
fixed the post mate over estimated by alot lol i only have 100/90 globes sorry im not an idiot i dont need to blind every one lol

but i did find an issue there is a pathetic excuse for an earth tucked in behind the battery.......it was melted i replaced that with a real wire and fixed the issue thanks for the time mate i will remember that when you need help 8)
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
Dans1983

Post by Dans1983 »

good stuff mate , glad you got ya car safe again..its sux having to end days short just cause the car dont have lights, been in the same position my self once..
Drrat, Drrat and Double Drrrat !! dont just sit there mutley do something!!!
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

good to hear you found and fixed it without much hassle :D
the LH headlight on my R intermittently goes out and comes back on somtimes, real pain in the ass. i've checked all wiring and cleaned connectors and still does it every now and then. hopefully when new engine is in it just works :evil:
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

Earth... It always comes back to earth :D

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

dude those are the complete wrong bulbs for your car - they run a lot hotter and drain a lot more current! If you don't burn more wires you will probably melt your headlights... lol

you want 60/55 MAX
if you want extra light then install driving lights. You can also get whiter light with a decent xenon bulb which helps.

the number #1 cause of problems with headlights out there is incorrect bulb choice. Every 2nd person does it so don't feel bad. It's because they think it's a cheap fix for dodgy ADM lighting. usually ends up way more expensive..
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."