N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

insurance claims?

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
ET 4 EVA

insurance claims?

Post by ET 4 EVA »

was just wondering if anybody can help me out with some info

do i still have to pay the stupid excess fees on a claim if i claim for spotlights being stolen off mycar? same thing for keyscratches down the side? all hve happened to me since owning the car and having full comp insurance with RACQ.
and these arnt cheap spotties these are worth bloody $280ea !! :evil: :!: :evil:

so do i have to pay the claim fees for this shit? before i make the calim incase its going to be cheaper for me just to buy the new lights since my excess + age excess is around $750 :?
LANYARDS FOR SALE AGAINLIMITED NUMBERS BE QUICK MUST SELL for infoVISIT:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4652
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

yup I had to pay the excess for someone throwing bricks at my girlfriends car. the cops couldnt get any leads to who it was, even though i knew who did it. so yeah mate, unless you find out who did it and have a witness or fingerprints to back it up, you will have to pay up.

Sorry dude I know what your going through, i also had my car broken into and they stole my turbo timer, speakers and wrecked my door cards pulling out the splits. once again i had to pay up, but some times you can get more back if you pay up, I know I got a better system then i had plus a better alarm, all cos I paid the excess.

Claim "what they did" you could get some old damages fixed while your at it, claim wisley.

Dex
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

These kind of questions continue to baffle me...........

Its like asking on the forum how much it will cost for a set of + 1.5mm pistons plus a bore and hone..........
Unless some of us are actually employed in spare parts/engine reconditioning then we have little more idea than you do.

So, ask a parts shop for parts prices.
Ask an insurer for insurance costs.....no??

Ahhhh... why dont you simply ask the RACQ claims dept???
Im quite sure they could give you a very straight answer regarding an insurance claim since they are actually your insurer right?????????

As a matter of interest for all, all this info is written out as part of your original policy and you should always make yourself aware of what you pay versus what you get WHEN choosing an insurer.

They can also tell you if your lights were actually even covered at all and exactly WHERE the car needed to be to be covered (as in a locked garage or parked in the street). Get the picture?

Different insurers often have different costs and benefits as part of their policies and all of this should have been explained to you when you first take the policy out with them.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

This is what is boils down to if you push all the other bullshit to the side..
If the insurance company does not have anyone to recover the costs off ie. a third party your excess wont be waved.

As for getting better stuff just because you had to pay your excess what a load of shit.. Some times it just works out that way. As for trying to claim extra damage that is not related to the accident.. Well thats my job to tell you to fuck off :)

insurance assessor 8)
When all else fails, theres still zip ties :D
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

ROFLMAO....Thats fucking gold!!!!!

OWNED!

Oh man, Ill piss myself over this for a long long time...bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahha!!!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

I think i went a bit off track there, i guess i should of said, my car got broken into, cos i itemised everything by the time it got broken in to i got a quote and it came to being paid out l managed to get a bigger system & the part where they broke in... I was spose to pay.
$100 but they waved it

Dex