N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

brake issue

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
boosted

brake issue

Post by boosted »

hi,
im having troubles with my ca18de-equipped nissan n13.
after driving through curves, the brake pedal looses about 1-2 inch of its pressure point. its not spongy, fading or as if 1 brake circuit would fail.
theres no change in braking power or so.
its just that is the brake pressure point is shifted and you have to push the pedal this 1 or 2 inch more.
releasing and depressing the brake pedal again, everything is ok, normal brake pressure point....
any ideas what this would cause?

greets
martin
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

first think that poped into my head is that the brakes are getting hot and your pads are spungy i remeber when i went thrashing in the poosar though one of our crazy hills here my brake peadle by the end of it was almost hitting the floor and just not stoping lol
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
fitzmooney

Post by fitzmooney »

Jack up the wheels one at a time and check for any looseness in the bearings.
If there is any it will push the pads back into the calipers and cause the pedal to go towards the floor as it takes up the slack again.
Cheers,
Mike
boosted

Post by boosted »

fitzmooney wrote:Jack up the wheels one at a time and check for any looseness in the bearings.
If there is any it will push the pads back into the calipers and cause the pedal to go towards the floor as it takes up the slack again.
Cheers,
Mike
hi,
after i encountered this problem for the first time, i put my car on a car lift.
my first guess was wheel bearings too, but could find any play in the bearings.

maybe i will do this test again giving the wheels a hard wiggle to find some play....

thanks
martin
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

boosted wrote:after i encountered this problem for the first time, i put my car on a car lift.
my first guess was wheel bearings too, but could find any play in the bearings.

maybe i will do this test again giving the wheels a hard wiggle to find some play....

thanks
martin
also check the hose fro the engine to the master, if your loosing vacuum im sure it will end up playing around with the M/C.

Good luck with it
Dexi