N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Electric Exa

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
xr6eta

Electric Exa

Post by xr6eta »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Vehicle ... dZViewItem

Hey Guys

Copy and paste the above link, would you really bother. Thoughts.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nope!
LOL
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

30km range !! HAHA
psiboy

Post by psiboy »

:lol: it did have a groovy bonnet bulge... :lol:
worth $18,000 NO FUGGIN WAY!!!
wasnt me officer
Damo

Post by Damo »

Yeah, 100% environmentaly friendly!!!!! Just take the fucking thing home and plug it into the closest tree to charge it up.............on hang on.....thats right I forgot. Plug it into the mains and charge it over night, I'm pretty sure mains power comes from the static electricity generated from lesbians getting it on.................shit........... no it doesn't......... it comes from burning coal you stupid dick!

While I'm ranting

To all those who think they are doing mother nature a favor by buying a hybrid vehicle, grow a brain, spend $10,000 less on an equivalent vehicle and plant $10,000 worth of trees you bloody EGO centred, nautre posers!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Damn it Damo, I was thinking of buying that, now you've put me off. Took me a month to relocate 1 battery to the boot, fuck that.
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Damo the new hybrids charge them selves like the prius it still burns fuel but no where near as much as an et or any other car for that matter so you are doing mother nature a favour but yes the plug in cars same crap as runing fuel
txateu

Post by txateu »

dj_djox wrote:Damo the new hybrids charge them selves like the prius it still burns fuel but no where near as much as an et or any other car for that matter so you are doing mother nature a favour but yes the plug in cars same crap as runing fuel
after watching a topgear clip on youtube i had a real laugh. they compared a prius against an m3 around their track and the m3 used less fuel then the prius! environmentally friendly? i think not
cheers Michael,
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

txateu wrote:
dj_djox wrote:Damo the new hybrids charge them selves like the prius it still burns fuel but no where near as much as an et or any other car for that matter so you are doing mother nature a favour but yes the plug in cars same crap as runing fuel
after watching a topgear clip on youtube i had a real laugh. they compared a prius against an m3 around their track and the m3 used less fuel then the prius! environmentally friendly? i think not
yeh but be fair it wasnt a fair contest the prius isnt made to go flat stick around a track its meant to do 20kmhr thru town , pushing it hard only makes the petrol engine work 100% of the time. BMW have been pushing for fuel economy while increasing power since the early 80s. plus a M3 would only need 30% throttle to keep up with a prius rofl
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Damo

Post by Damo »

Well, if Toyota or any of the biggies are serious about emissions, we'd all be driving diesels anyway. The fuel has more energy per kilo than petrol which makes the gear more economical. The soot from combustion is biodegradable, and the engines are quite low reving units so they inherantly don't make wadds of power, in turn as an average requiring less power to get from A to B.

Weighing down a small car with 200kgs of motor and batteries isn't the answer. Plus, there is the problem of desposing of it when its done its dash. Also, ever priced a re-battery kit for a sizzor lift? I would assume the car would be a similar proposition every couple of years!

It's almost like the hooplah about incandesent v's flouro's. Flouro's may apper to be 'friendly' because they use less power to run. But what do they cost to make? Not to mention about disposal.

IMHO, global warming is a consipiricy theory too. Should 'we' reduce the amount of coal and fossil fuel we burn? YES, no doubt.

Should 'we' claim fame to changing the climate? I think not!!

Damo

Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

of course global warming is a load of crap.
its the biggest scam since i don't know what.

scare the people into thinking they are destroying the planet and they will be milling to pay more for everything.

it's one of the main reasons why we pay so much more for everything today.

people need to realise a few things..

WW2 caused wayyyyyyyyyy more pollution than we do now, and that was over half a century ago... wars are very bad for the environment, maybe we should ban wars? lol then cities can be as dirty as they like.

nature works in cycles. to think that we can change these cycles is saying we are more powerful than nature.
we aren't....
a good example that we can relate to is the aussie drought.
all this stress and worry about whether the drought will break is over nothing.
if you look back in histroy, australia's climate works in a cycle, wet, dry, wet, dry.

we can't change nature.
nature has always fixed itself and it's not about to give up.

if everyone realised this, then we'd be a lot better off.

same thing with the propoganda of oil running out
IT'S BULLSHIT!

another nice excuse to push petrol prices up.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Guys,

I'm a fairly practical skeptic and I don't liek the way the media link things together. But there are a few things that I think are true.

1. There is a finite amount of oil in the earth's crust (as with everything), so at some point it will not be available in the ground.

2. The free market drives the cost of oil -supply and demand- China is demanding a LOT more and witht he development of 1.3BILLION Chinese comes a new large demand which drives up the price. India is also at 1 billion and developing its people, but not controlling it's population they way China does......This isn't a beat up.

3. We are impacting on the earth. There is more people now than ever before, so even if we just do as we did before the effect will be larger. Want tot know how much? look it up on wiki.

4. Despite (1) (2) & (3) westerners are using more energy per capita than ever before.

5. It is a GOOD thing to lighten the load we place on the environment. Renewables are GOOD.

After this the rest is about filtering the BS from the spin. Melting ice caps? droughts? Storms? Ice ages? the death of plankton? water shortages? ultra fine particulates? carbon tax? emissions trading? . . . . .

I don't know. But development costs money, forcing costly development is about regulation.

So you think you got it hard? ask your Gran how many electical appliances she had, ask her if she always had a flushing toilet, ask her how many cars she had at your age, ask her about talking to someone in another city (let alone country), ask her how much it cost to fly to the next nearest capitol city, how many toys she had, how many clothes she had ........
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Callumgw wrote:So you think you got it hard? ask Evan how many electical appliances he had, ask him if he always had a flushing toilet, ask him how many cars he had at your age, ask him about talking to someone in another city (let alone country), ask him how much it cost to fly to the next nearest capitol city, how many toys he had, how many clothes he had ........

Callum i agree with you on all points.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Callumgw wrote: 1. There is a finite amount of oil in the earth's crust (as with everything), so at some point it will not be available in the ground.
from Wiki... Oil/Fossil Fuels: It is generally accepted that they formed from the fossilized remains of dead plants and animals by exposure to heat and pressure in the Earth's crust over hundreds of millions of years. This is known as the biogenic theory and was first introduced by Georg Agricola in 1556 and later by Mikhail Lomonosov in 1757.

^^ yeah so all the dinosaurs were out in the 10's of thousands at big armageddon parties just before they were wiped out, all dying in big clumps so the earth would crush them into oil? LOL

There is an opposing more modern theory that the more volatile hydrocarbons, especially natural gas, are formed by abiogenic processes, that is no living material was involved in their formation.

^^ sounds a lil more realistic, maybe because the middle of the earth is freakin hot and gooey all that shit finds its way up through the crust without building up too much into a volcano and there it is crushed into oil? maybe it will never run out and is always being made?
can't say earth is not a living thing

but the same dudes that say it is fossil fuel won't believe that dinosaurs could rave and actually had fluoro coloured skin :lol: :lol: :lol:
but seriously kids, dont listen to me i'm an idiot!
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Just to re state my point. I am all for massive reduction in pollutants, reduction in burning of fossil fuels, push for 'friendly' energy, ect ect.
The thing that realy gets up my nose, is the size of the collective ego. We as human beings have got to be the most stupid species on the planet!

This rock that we live on has been here for 5 Billion years (give or take), gone through thousands of cataclismic climate changes due to volcanoes, earthquakes, Tsunamis, thousand year droughts and even the many global extinctions from metor strikes (on the scale of 95% of all species of EVERYTHING gone). These mass exictions have happend approx 10 times that we know of, and probably a lot more that we don't know of. In any given 18mth period, there is at least 1 meteor of around 500mtrs across (which we don't see coming, because at at night with the sun at our 'backs', we only see the thng head on) which passes between the moon and the earth. If something like that were to hit the earth (land or sea doesn't make a shit of difference), it would be in the order of all the nukes on the planet x 10. The impact site wouldn't be the only drama. It would throw enough crap into the atmosphere that within months, 80% of all crops would fail due to reduced sunlight.
Then you have the super volcanoes! The bad boys that you don't see because there is little too see. In Yellow Stone National Park, there is a pocket of mantle under the earths crust which is very separate from the main mantle of the globe. This pocket which conatins something like 10000km3 of magma sits like a waiting time bomb to go off, every 6 - 700,000years. Does pretty much the same as a meteor impact except that it also showers the entire North America's with at least 10cm of ash as well as blocking out the sun for years. In the process, a massive chunk of the Earths crust falls into it leaving what looks similar to an impact creater. There is a cool snap shot of the mountains in the area, from left to right there are the majestic mountain ranges, but just near the middle of shot, the whole mountain range has almost sunk level with the plains!. Thats when you realize that this 'rock' we are living on is very much alive. For human kind to sit here and blow smoke up our owns asses claiming that we are affecting the climate on any significant scale is embaressing.

Why do we have to belive that if there is a change happening in the world, we are responsible?
We are full of our own importance, and the more important we feel, the more secure we make our selves belive we are.
Ask any astronomer what the biggest threat to mankind is, I tell you now, it aint us!
What narsesistic little children we all are.

Damo