N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

what can i use to remove the residue

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
angel

what can i use to remove the residue

Post by angel »

Hey all

I was removing some graphics from the fairing of a motor bike. But now there is some glue residue left behind. What is the best stuff to use, to get rid of it. I have heard metho will do.

Any other suggestions
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
j0of

Post by j0of »

any orange cleaner will do it, get some from mitre10 or bunnings
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey dude, what Joof said. I used it to get all of the stickers off my old Exa. The citrus cleaner will soften the shit up, then I had had to get a plastic scraper to get the rest off. BUT make sure you test it under the tank first in case it dulls the finish.

Now - Is this your bike???? What type etc etc etc....
I'm in the process of hunting for a road bike myself at the moment, had my heart set on a Buell XB9R but can't afford one......
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
angel

Post by angel »

The Renegade wrote:Hey dude, what Joof said. I used it to get all of the stickers off my old Exa. The citrus cleaner will soften the shit up, then I had had to get a plastic scraper to get the rest off. BUT make sure you test it under the tank first in case it dulls the finish.

Now - Is this your bike???? What type etc etc etc....
I'm in the process of hunting for a road bike myself at the moment, had my heart set on a Buell XB9R but can't afford one......

hey Glenn.

yeh, my first bike. I got a little girlie one. A Kawasaki GPX250, which is learner legal. i was originally going for a honda nsr150, but decided to go 4 stroke. ill have to send you a pic of it.
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

etturbs

Post by etturbs »

wax and grease remover from sprint takes it all off and doesnt effect paint like some cutrus products do
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Yeah flick us a piccy.
This will be my first road bike, and I have to get a learner legal one to do my P's test on (cos some dickhead let his licence lapse...) but I'm luck I am over 30 and only need to have my L's for 24hrs then I go straight to my blacks, unless they've changed the laws again!
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Eucalyptus oil, prepsol, citrus cleaner
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
angel

Post by angel »

Panda_ET wrote:Eucalyptus oil, prepsol, citrus cleaner
yeh Eucalyptus oil is another one i have heard of, but i cant find any. Also i have tried wax a grease remover and it works alittle but ill be there for hours.

Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

prepsol, took graffiti of my mr2.
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

8) id rather be there for hours then have to repaint it
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
BenTAxeL

Post by BenTAxeL »

eycaliptus oil should be either at a chemist or supermarket

i had my heart set on a honda cbr250rr but i dont think its allowed with the new laws wont be for awhile neways
www.sinit.com.au
If you haven't seen it, You ain't SiNiT
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yep eucy oil easy to find at ur local woolies or safeway in the cleanig section maybe near the mr sheen
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
angel

Post by angel »

bought some citric stuff from super cheap, seems to work well, still have to use a bit of elbow grease, but its coming up nicely.

One last problem im having, is removing the sticker from the fuel tank. The rest of the stickers where easy, however the one of the tank looks like it was put on then clear applied of the top. Is there anyway i can get it off with out totally fucking the paint???

The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I found Eucy oil dulled the clear coat, had to go hard at it with mild cut n polish after.
If they cleared over the sticker then the best thing you can do is take the tank off, take the sticker off and get the whole tank re-cleared. shouldn't cost very much.
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
angel

Post by angel »

The Renegade wrote:I found Eucy oil dulled the clear coat, had to go hard at it with mild cut n polish after.
If they cleared over the sticker then the best thing you can do is take the tank off, take the sticker off and get the whole tank re-cleared. shouldn't cost very much.
thought you might say that.........