N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts Tragedies

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Darren. A step ahead M8, the angle holding the battery firmly down is secured with Nylocks already. Yer I do have some reservations about it but the battery is not that obvious in real life.
Its not a daily driver as well.

Baz, those numbers are quite easy to achieve with a VG30det. Close to stock 300Z's will get that on the stock (380cc) injectors and fuel pump and high-flowed stock turbos with a decent intake and zorst system @ 16 to 18psi on the stock, but tuned ECU and stock pissy little coolers.
They will produce those numbers all day every day below 7000rpm

I run a 3" mandrel zorst, a decent pod filter direct on the snout of the turbo.
The turbo is T66 which is capable of 6 to 700 Hp easily.
390cc injectors and a Bosch 040 intank pump
Water to air intercooling.
I run an Adaptronic 420c programmeable ECU.
This engine will easily do it so long as the injectors dont max out.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
boosted

Post by boosted »

sweeeeet :twisted:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Fan and Shroud

Post by tassuperkart »

Fitted the new fan/shroud assembly.
Its an oem AU Falcodore twin 12" fan and shroud assembly.
I bought it new for $175 which is pretty cheap.

After a lot of research, i discovered that the AU Falcodoor radiator is close to identical with the Navara V6 radiator in every dimension...Yay!

The shroud required some minor.... errr... adjustment with the "wheel of death" to remove the stock brakets. Some other minor trimming saw the shroud fit exactly between the top and bottom tank/core seams.
Just a couple of 2 bob brackets bolted to some friendly bolt holes already moulded into the radiator tanks takes care of the mounting duties.

There was a bit of a clearance issue between the fan and the lower radiator hose which required me to trim back the plastic braces which support the drivers side fan motor sos to allow the hose to pass without rubbing.
It might touch a little when the engine rotates on throttle off but its a price to pay as there is barely mm's between the inside of the hose and the PS pump pulley and belt....damn its close in there lol! Only other way is to modify the aluminium hose nozzle to change its exit angle and make up a big mongrel hose with about 3 or 4 extra elbows in it to snake around everything and back to the lower radiator fitting.....neh!

Looks almost stock I reckon! Fits exactly over the entire radiator core so ANY air coming thru each fan had to come thru the radiator.
Im quite pleased with the result.

I should have taken a pix with the radiator out but you get the gist.

I gave it a good test run today in 30Deg + heat up a narro, steep and winding 1st and 2nd gear only country dirt road about 5 Klm long. Guarantees to overheat the engine!
Temps rose to 89Deg, (switchon temp is 86Deg) and thats as hot as it got running on a single fan only.

Only hitch is that the fans draw very high amps (surprisingly 20 amps+ EACH) on initial startup and blow the relay fuse immediately...... They only draw about 7 amps each when running flatout which is what Id expect from a large fan and fast running motor.
These fans really wizz over!
So, currently, the ECU controls one fan only. No real biggie tho. The second fan relay which will be pulled in independently from the ECU by a thermal switch in the bottom radiator outlet in event the sucker really gets hot in traffic and also have another connection in parallel from the AC compressor pullin wire sos runs whenever the AC pump is running. Works as a backup system in event that the primary fan/relay fails.

The switchon temp for the ECU controlled fan will be set around 5 degrees either hotter/cooler, depending on what temp the thermal switch pulls in at so it should be rare/if ever that both fans have to start up together.

Next is to re-mount and plumb the intercooler core back in over the now vacant battery box and get that up and running.
L8r
E
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

beeeeeeeutiful couldnt have done it better with a hammer mate good stuff :lol:
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
gopulsar

Post by gopulsar »

nice work cobber! tidy
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Nice work! Looks tidy as!
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Thanks gents. yer it looks almost like stock! Im real pleased with the result.
L8r
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

A couple of pix of the repositioned water cooler setup!

I make no apologies for the ghetto looking setup as i used whatever bits of stuff I have on hand. Silicone tube, the remains of an Ebay ally cooler pipe kit and hose clamps are a wonderful thing!!!

Heres the cooler living in its new spot:

Initially, the cooler was to face across the motor with much straighter shots at the turbo and inlet and sit with its bum down at about 45 degrees on the old battery tray but one of the cooler pipes would not sit over the top of the top radiator hose with the bloody bonnet down.... ahh well, shit happens.

Another view:

Finding a decent spot for the waterpump is not as easy as it seems in the rather crowded engine bay and still have easy/shorter routing of the water lines.
20mm I.D heater hose does not bend well at all and anything sharper than a gentle sweep kinks the bloody hose so I was forced to use a handful of little stainless elbows which I cut out of an old EGR system off another car.
You can see some of them in the top pix where water hoses poke out of the cooler core thru holes already been conveniently punched in the radiator support panel.
I was never too happy with the original position of the pump attached to the lower radiator x-member. The rad x-member was a quick workaround but the plumbing was messy and difficult to get to and hung down a but due to the way the pipes come into the pump and go into the cooler core.

This pump will not self prime at all and requires a decent head of water at it to get running so finding somewhere close to the cooler and the radiator but at or below the bottom of the radiator outlet is rather a trial!

Anyway searching around, I found a bit of room behind the low side indicator/running light which allowed the pump to be as close as possible to the bottom of the system and still out of direct water splashing.

The inlet line to the pump from the bottom of the radiator is almost straight and level with the pump inlet ensuring a full head of water to the pump inlet.
I made a very simple sort of U shaped bracket which is bolted thru the stone tray and a single hose clamp secures the pump to the bracket.
Its mighty agricultura/ghetto appearing but the pump is surprisingly secure with its hoses attached.

I dont care much for fancy looking engineering, only what works reliably with the materials i have laying around!!!!
Just gotta finish up the cooler core bracketry. I ran out of gas for the TIG didnt I!!!

L8r
E
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Great work once again! I don't mind the ghetto looks, it only makes the car's chest hair grow out even more! This is one hairy ute! :lol:
My N12:
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

heheheheh yer it is bit it drives like a kiitten if you just tool around.
No bastard knows whats lurking under that bonnet until they pick on it!!!!!

More later
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

tassuperkart wrote:No bastard knows whats lurking under that bonnet until they pick on it!!!!
seriously though, who would pick on a shit heap farm hack? :D
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Ash wrote:seriously though, who would pick on a shit heap farm hack? :D
:lol:
My N12:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

That , Ashley, is quite a valid question!!!!!!!!!

Thing is the ute of death is NOT a race car!

Its a tow vehicle for my real race car! It just so happens to occasionally deal rather severely with unsuspecting rice boys!!!!!!!
Sometimes, as if by magic, my right foor buries right into the floor taking the throttle pedal with it and....for the life of me.... simply cant pull it up untill the ears demand a gearchange..........:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oh well!!!!!

L8r
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i think a renaming to the ute of death to ego's :)
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

gopulsar wrote: (i guess i wanna meet you too...) :oops:
Just hire the movie DELIVERANCE. It's all there. HA I kill me. Sorry old fella, just had to.