N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts Tragedies

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Good to see you made the manly decision on the Zed mate, just rig up a hydraulic ramp in the shed and put it a 2nd level, then there'd be room for more cars and a bed for when she kicks your arse out of the house. Good to see some of us have balls.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hahahaha Glenn you dont know how close to reality you are.

Im am, as we speak hunting for a 2 post hoist. Im getting tired of laying out in the mud and shit.
Only drama is I cant install it in the shed as the roof is too low!!!!!

So, outside it goes but not so good for car storage out there lol.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

had the Zed running now for quite a while.
It incredible fun to drive. Its tight, very very tight but never rough, it points with pinpoint accuracy, has very strong brakes and is comfortable. It uses moderate amounts of fuel. Unlike my turbo ute which has a fair appetite for premium.

The zorst system is a bit of a weird one.
It has been fitted with UAS extractors which connect into 3" dumps!
The dumps run back into 2.25" cats...............
The 2.25" cats go back out to 3" then into a pair of large arsed straight thru 18" long "resonators" (if you like to call them that".
Then beyond them, the system is valanced and spreads out to the 2 x 3" Lukey sports mufflers at the rear.
The pipe section just aft of the resonators was badly rusted out and full of holes. Made a yucky note but sounded absoluteloy lush when revved right up..... Cop bait tho. Zedsa attract a lot of attention I can tell you.
I had the section replaced today and man-o-man does it sound trick now!!!!!! Even the zorst shop guys complimented it!!!!!!!

The Volk Challenge wheels set the thing off nicely. 235 x 45 x 17 on the front 8" rims and 265 x 45 x 17 on 9" rims on the back shod with Dunlop Le-Mans tyres.

The thing generates very good grip, especially on the front end. It can be pointed anywhere at fairly ridiculous speeds completely fuss-free on the front. Not even a growl coming from the tyres! Surprising given the front shocks are leaking and need replacing sooner rather than later.
The rear is still a little prone to sliding under power tho.
The car is insanely stiff with the thick-arsed Whiteline adjustable swaybars and the Eibach springs fitted but still up at close to stock height . I need to lower the car somewhat and loosen up the rear end to create a little more rear grip and predictability. At the minute, it feels fairly "flighty" on the rear end when really muscled into my favourite bit of road!
Its gets pretty nervous in the wet. Arse end only tho. The front is fantastic! Totally reliable!!!
Id say I have a combination of strange wheel alignment and weight stagger causing the thing to steer slightly less predictably on left corners to right!

The non-turbo 3 litre quad cam V6 is a delight when really asked the question as well. Freely revs up to 7 grand whenever asked but perfectly happy to bonk around just off idle when the traffic thickens up just shifting at 2 grand.
Loads of middle range torque and close to a linear power delivery from 2 grand to 7 and beyond Id say. Its performance is adequate given the 1450 kilo weight of the Zed. Nothing to write home about but competent enough nonetheless when mated up to the 4.11:1 diff ratio. Speaking of the diff, its fitted with a Torsen style LSD which are an excellent mechanical LSD but interestingly, do not lock up if one wheel is off the ground! Torsens dont have clutch packs like most Jap LSD's. Google it if you want to see how they work.
The diff is really very "tight" and pushes the arse end out wide under power kinda like a locker. Very entertaining!!

I re-fitted the stock rear wing and 3rd brake light the other evening as well to bring it back closer to stock appearing.

I have to rebuild the clutch master cylinder tho as the pedal "sinks" if you dont completely lift your foot between gear changes. PITA but no real biggie.
There are a couple of sections of interior trim missing and Im waiting for these to arrive as we speak.
Some other minor issues to deal with inside such as a heater tap that wont shut completely off which messes with the climate controls head, fit up some guages into the guage pod (already fabricated), install a new antenna and sort out the wiring of the head unit so it does not "forget" its settings when the power is turned off. Incidental stuff.

Im pleasantly (and seriously) surprised at the agility and "lightness" of this thing tho.
Zeds are an imposingly wide and low car and I did expect it to be a lot more cumbersome and unfriendly in traffic than it actually is. rear view is a little ordinary but you get used to it.

Another bonus is that wifey really likes the comfort and support of the well designed seats which would be quite hard to improve on with anything aftermarket. She enjoys being squiered around in the flashy white sports car!!! Sits in there like Lady Muck and wont drive it lmao!!!
Power windows that go up and down, power mirrors, climate control/AC the handling of a go-kart.....its making the decision to junk the GX turbo a whole lot more attractive right now!!!

L8r
E
etking

Post by etking »

photos? how come you didnt fix the zorst yourself you slacker, thats unlike you!
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Damo

Post by Damo »

Nice pickup old man. A mate had a 2 seater and it went very well with 12psi. It does need the zingers though!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

good to hear your enjoying the Z32 Evan. i do have to agree with Damo about needing the fans. even with the fans blowing they seem a bit slack.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Thanks gents.
i must admit, id like to have the puffed version but this thing is so much fun to drive even with the atmo engine.
Its got plenty of giddyup in a nice and relaxed atmo way!!!

Josh, I climbed under to have a look but it was just easier to have it done by the zorst shop. It would have been a pretty big job to do myself is all.

Ash, I suspect they feel slack due to the seamless and unfussy way they deliver the power and the unfussy way the engines rev. They dont "sound" very busy when they actually are unlike a straight six shooter.
Stock engines/turbos with the usual breathing bits at each end boosted up to 12 psi get into 12 second 1/4's if grippy tyres and well driven. Not too shabby for a relatively heavy car that feels slack eh?!!!!!

L8r
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

tassuperkart wrote:Ash, I suspect they feel slack due to the seamless and unfussy way they deliver the power and the unfussy way the engines rev. They dont "sound" very busy when they actually are unlike a straight six shooter.
Stock engines/turbos with the usual breathing bits at each end boosted up to 12 psi get into 12 second 1/4's if grippy tyres and well driven. Not too shabby for a relatively heavy car that feels slack eh?!!!!!
i have been in a couple actually running 12psi and they pulled very clean but still weren't pulling the speedo around as quick as i expected. both were 4X4 versions though. the power delivery from the VG30DETT's is very smooth and linear. impressive torque from very low.
i am probably just too used of the shitty old RB30ET equipped shitbox (VL). being a fair bit lighter and running 11psi though it a few years back it just seemed to pull around much quicker. although anything over 6000rpm is just plain scary.
just like the old Ford 4 litre sixes, high rpm is strictly off limits unless the cheque book comes out for a thorough balancing :D
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

4 x 4....??????????????????????????? Eh?

The VG engines rev their tits off but they just dont sound like they are revving that hard is all.
Youtube up some 7 and 800 Hp zeds and they stil;l sound like road cars whereas the Supra/Skyline brigade sound insane!

Just part of the fun of V6's is all!

L8r
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

tassuperkart wrote:4 x 4....??????????????????????????? Eh?

The VG engines rev their tits off but they just dont sound like they are revving that hard is all.
Youtube up some 7 and 800 Hp zeds and they stil;l sound like road cars whereas the Supra/Skyline brigade sound insane!

Just part of the fun of V6's is all!

L8r
E

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: sorry i meant to write 2 X 2 as in 4 seater Zed. the heavier jallopies.

yeah i know what you mean. i have watched a few high powered Z32's and they still sound smooth and quite.
Damo

Post by Damo »

The ol 2+2. You can tell at a quick glance between the two, the 2 seater has the filler between the rear wheel and door, where the 2+2 is between the bumper and rear wheel.
The genuine 2 seaters are sports.
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I had a rush of blood today after replacing the turbo on wifeys ET and removed these:

which I have been very happy with to date.

I replaced them with these:

Evo Mitsubishi stuff i bought some time ago.

There is quite a bit of difference between the old and the new as these pix show.

I ran out of time tonight so I have only completed one side and not tested them.

L8r
E
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

A considerable difference in size :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yer.
im expecting some frontwards bias which I personally detest when driving with some... errrr... "spirit"!!

I always tend to race with some extra rearward bias to help drift the car up and help inityially into turns under braking.
Its an acquired taste to have braking that way and can result in some rather interesting moments if treated with disrespect!

Just me!

We shall see when the job is done and the pads are bedded.

L8r
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ok, first, the EVO disks are 280mm and the stocks are 240mm along with a significant increase in pad area.
As a matter of interest, they are the same diameter as my 300zx disks!

I fitted up the other side, did a quick gravity bleed and went for a spin for some impressions.
First couple of minutes was spent bedding the old pads in which also revealed that the wheel bearings on one side were munted. Making a fair whack of grumbling. Oh well.

After some initial bedding in i did some hard stops from various speeds and my initial concerns on the front bias are right. Its very prone to locking fronts on hard applications.
On the track, Id say this setup would result in considerably slower times.

The pedal is a bit "longer" at the minute, altho i only did a ghetto gravity bleed and I know there is some air in the rear system from the last time I had it apart so is expect the pedal to come back a bit after a thorough bleed of the entire system.

The pedal "feel" is actually quite good, about the same as stock Id say and the brakes pull up horrendously hard from very high speeds. The car feels like it wants to do a handstand!
The old pads fitted look like some kind of metallic sort of thing and are fairly affected by being cold but these are not the final pads.

I have a brand new set of modified disks and pads to fit once I have them slotted. This is mostly for wank.
I happen to like the look of slotted rotors.

Im thinking there needs to be a significant upgrade to the rear disks to match the fronts for those who are contemplating useing these brakes on a track car tho.
For a road car, they feel bloody powerful and smooth but frontend lockups are fairly easy with spirited braking.

L8r
E