N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

N12mo's ET Project

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
n12mo

N12mo's ET Project

Post by n12mo »

Name: Chris Shipley

Year/Model: 1986/ET Pulsar

Colour: House of Kolor Custom Kandy Purple Metallic

Period of Ownership: 6 years

Engine Mods: Stroked, Ported Head, Garret T28g

Interior Mods: Bucket Front Seats, New Custom Black Fabric Roof Lining, Custom Black and Blue Fabric Door Trims, New Carpet Throughout, Boost and Tacho Gauges.

Exterior Mods: Jetspeed Full Body Kit with Wing, Custom Nismo Engravings, Bonnet Vents, Chrome VT Commodore Electric Mirrors, Chrome Door Handle Surrounds, Chrome Rear Quarter Vents.

Wheels: XHP 17inch Chrome 5 Spoke

Suspension: Full Front & Rear Lowered King Springs, Monroe Gt Front & Rear Absorbers.

A bit of History to the Car:
I have owned the 86 ET for just over 6years, originally bought through ebay for $1250 from down Blackstown, NSW. Was listed as a few things needed puting back on to get running again(Far From it). The ET was stored at a Sister in-laws house in Medowie, NSW for the next 2 years.
When I finally got it back to me in QLD I got stuck into it to get it running, only to find out the main body harness was cut out in the middle of the car for no apparent reason. I completely swapped my old 84 body & engine harness with modifications into the car to account for extra relays etc. with success only to find out that the engine had a detonated fourth piston and F****D Gearbox Internals. From there I decided to swap the rest of my goodies off my old 84 ET to the body and store it away for a build up in a few years time.(Which is Now)

Other Info: All I had originally done to Car when I purchased it was bolt on a few bits to the engine, put my Chrome wheels and suspension under it and rewired complete car to get running.

Current Plans: Full Ground up Restoration (Every last Nut & Bolt).
For now I will be keeping the E15T Stroker in it but have always considered the sr20 swap.

- Bumpers need fixing up as there are some paint chips/cracks.
- Engine needs full rebuild.
- Need to rebuild Gearbox.(I have a spare but undecided)
- Most likely going to remove rear seats.
- Custom fabricated roll cage.
- Brake and suspension upgrade.
- Flare out Wheel Arches More.(Want to have them re-sheet metaled further out)
- Re pollster whole interior.Dash and door trims and plastics will be black leather with purple stitching to match paint job.(Original Owner had the right idea but Interior Sucks big time)
- Different Race Seats.(Undecided, Maybe Coulsins)
- Will be fully redoing the under body.(Strip back all the old body deadener and repaint with new)
- Re Powder Coat all under body components like control arms ect. with Kandy Metallic Colors.
- Re Zinc every nut and bolt in car(Will heat treat required bolts after zinc process)
- Custom Stainless Exhaust System.
- And Lots Lots Lots More.

Pics:

Original ebay Listing Photo's 2006

First Photo's After I Bought 2006

Started Stripping Down 2010

My Original 84 ET before I retired it back in 2005

Hi all, Finally think it's time I signed up and introduced myself. My Name's Chris, I've been an ET owner since mid 2003 and have followed this site since about 2005 but never had the chance to post on here till now.
I'm Finally Starting my Full restoration of the ET after 6 years of being stored away. I work in a Plating and Powder Coating Shop in Brisbane so am doing everything from the ground up to achieve show quality.

Curious to see if any of you know who the original owner who started this project.

Anyway Greetings to all and look forward to chatting with you all. Will Keep you all posted with Project & Pics as I have the time to get stuff done. Look Forward to Comments

Thanks Chris
N12mo
Last edited by n12mo on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

welcome

another brissy ET to cruise with

enjoy your stay
Damo

Post by Damo »

Gday mate, enjoy your stay.

I wonder if that was Phantom's ET. Never met the bloke, he could talk some shit though. Someone else may have seen this car before (if I have my duches correct)!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
n12mo

N12mo's ET Project

Post by n12mo »

Thanks Fellas. Yeah the guy I bought this off down NSW definatley spoke crap in copious amounts, tried telling me when I picked it up that it had n13 gearbox internals and was made into quick shift.Apparently car just needed a few things bolted back up and she would run. This was no problem as I had a whole car as spares back in QLD, I never cared really what had apparently been done as I just bought it for being an 86 and that Kandy paint job with the sunroof. (Looks Mad)
I didn't really get the impression though this bloke had started the project or new what he was talking about so never took his word for anything that had been done.

Anyway off to work now, have fun all. Will update tonight to show you guys some re-coated goodies I've done.

Thanks Chris
N12mo
n12mo

N12mo's ET Project

Post by n12mo »

Quick Update, Redone Cam Timing Pully & Bolts Gold Zinc then cleared. Came up pretty good.

Got a whole box of lots more bits & pieces I will get redone over the rest of week. Will try and get back on here later in the week.

N12mo