N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Reub'z ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

And she's a good. Intercooler piping done!. Agreed it doesn't look the best but it all fit. Basically reused bits from my donor car and bought some joiners to fit them together. Good part is that its still short and piping sits miles above the exhaust so it won't absorb all that much heat. Will have to polish them up and paint the rocker cover so it looks sweet. Also need to find a pod filter that hasn't got such a large base that will fit nicely behind the headlight and under the intercooler.

Also got the bumpers painted. Prepped and painted the rear lip as well.

Not all is swell. Theres some drama going on with the paint, it's not sticking to the primer and thus falling off on moderate impact! Only way to fix it is a respray i guess, but not really sure i want to invest in that. Might just go about touching up bits that get damaged along the way. It's a bit disheartening but what can you do.
baz

Post by baz »

Way to many silicon joiners going on in that engine bay!
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
baz

Post by baz »

Standard plenum would work better with shorter piping with the cooler mounted where it is
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

i know baz, your not the first to mention i'd be better of with a jap spec haha. I have another pipe that i can use to make it look like it doesn't hug the rocker cover and look neater, but im not concerned at the moment. Theres actually only two joiners more where there could have been welds, but i dont have a welder to weld up pipings myself. I'll have to learn how to do it at somepoint. For now though im just concentrating on getting it running with what i got.
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

SimoN10

Post by SimoN10 »

Hey mate how's the car going? Have you got it up and running yet? Just wondering how the cooler went and where did you mount the water pump.
Good luck with it
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

Thanks buddy. It's going well just haven't had time to get onto it. Got the cooler and looks good, will just have to fit it in front of the radiator. Pump was going to be mounted under the IC but needed that space for the pod which is on its way. So i have to wait till that arrives before i can place my pump but should still be able to fit under there.

Haven't got my manual licence yet cause never had one to practice on. So going to do some lessons over the next few weeks and then. Waiting for the dpi to get back with approval for modification permit for the pod before i can take it over the pits.

Then Looking to give it all a start last week of November is when i have time :)
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

Decided to start the car yesterday, though it would be a piece of cake! If only i wasn't so naive...

First had a bit of dramas fitting the turbo oil drain, its in a bit of an awkward position and space is consumed by the wastegate actuator rod making it an extremely difficult fit. Anyways that consumed a large portion of time.

Filled up the gearbox with oil and then engine, began to fill up the coolant but it started to leak from the first radiator hose, couldn't see what was wrong as it was dark by now so decided to call it a day. Returned in the morning to fix it and found that the pipe was cracked under the lip, so used some sealant to fix this. Poured more water in and a never ending supply of leaks decided to rain on the parade... Note to self: *never re use old hose clamps especially not stupid old factory nissan ones*. Anyway after a few hours all the leaks were fixed and so it was time to prime the fuel.

Started to do this and was looking promising, but then fuel burst out from the bottom, realised the return and outlet hoses were the wrong way around hopefully no damage was done :/ Fixed it.

Then to start the car, had poured a small amount of oil down the spark plugs as the engine is ten years dry, no im hoping this hasn't caused the problem, but when starting the engine cranked for a second and then stopped as though it wasn't letting it go any further under pressure. I don't know whats wrong but i have assignments to get too and so i don't have time to spend on this issue for now :(