N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

BlackTalon_88's 85 ET Turbo

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BlackTalon_88

BlackTalon_88's 85 ET Turbo

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Name: Gary
Year/ Model: 1985 N12 ET Pulsar
Colour: Orange/Black
Period of ownership: 3 Months

Performance: N/A

Engine Mods: High Flowed Garrett T25, custom plenum, VL throttle body, BOV, Large front mount intercooler, Monstrous aluminium radiator, Running 8psi, Full reco less than 40 thou ago, afm reposition to behind pod filter, Pod is half hanging past the lower front guard which i intend to move.. thermo fans seem to have disappered when the new radiator went in, running stock ecu, bigger fuel pump

Interior Mods: Worse than stock atm.. garbage head unit, no front speakers crap 6x9s in a busted rear parcel shelf.. lol (Like this when i got it)
As a temporary remedy i chucked a sub in..
Currently making custom molded fibreglass door panels and a custom parcel shelf before fitting the all new alpine system waiting on my bedroom floor :)

Exterior Mods: freshly painted in orange with a metallic black hood, partially rolled guards

Wheels: 17" 6 spokes in black finish

Other: not sure about suspension etc but handles like a dream so im assuming theres at least something good down there lol

Future Plans: tidy up engine bay, roll guards properly, finish the fibreglass interior parts, better centre console, fit new stereo gear, relocate battery, lift pod up off the ground! also would like to fit mild cam, electronic boost controller, make a new lower front guard to incorporate fog lights and not look like sh*t lol
Last edited by BlackTalon_88 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too much is never enough..
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ive seen this car around in my travels in the past. Very distinctive looking thing.
Make sure you put a thermo fan back onto it M8 or a whole world of overheating hurt will be your friend in any traffic.

That intercooler piping has been made with copper water service bends!!!!.
An ET front lip would set it off nicely as well.

Cheers
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Yeah i brought it a few months back from a guy in devonport..

Copper water service bends?? never heard of it lol. Good/bad?
I was actually thinking of changing the piping as i wanna get the pod back into the engine bay.. one more thing, what size i/c piping should i be using?
Too much is never enough..
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Pipe size? Matters not. Whatever is easiest to fit. 2" will work just fine. It dun matter what the cooler pipes are made from M8. Ive known of dudes doing it major ghetto time with plastic and getting away with it!!!!
However 2.5" seems to be the easiest to do and looks good.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
baz

Post by baz »

Thats an awfully long cooler pipe joiner
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute