N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

poeticjustice's 84 ET 56K killer

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

I doubt the gauge is very accurate except when empty. I had a hilux that always looked like it was going to get 800km's to a tank, once the gauge went below half it dropped rapidly and only ended up with about 500km.

The best way to work it out is to fill up, hit the trip to zero. Keep note of how much fuel goes in each time and after about 3 or 4 trips get your average. You don't have to empty it, just note how much fuel went back in and km's travelled.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
poeticjustice88

Post by poeticjustice88 »

thats what i am saying about my gauge being accurate, I have tested it before and am comfortable in saying that it gives a correct reading

Michael
Damo

Post by Damo »

Thanks for the rap Michael, I appreciate it. But, there is no way on God's green earth that the humble e15et will ever get anywhere near that mileage. The BEST I think you would achieve in your little monster would be around 7.5-8 ltr/100ks. Back when I used to drive my olds stocko NA e15 with a CAI the best I could get from that was low 7s very high 6s.

Sorry to edit after your post, but I had to go.

I was going to say that you should keep an eye on it for a few weeks and average out the fuel used with your k's. Also, keep an eye on your coolant level. I have read in the past that a coolant leak into the chamber can cause lean running and decreased fuel consumption.
As for the uber mileage, well, what can I say......... I am a tuning GOD! :D

Damo
Last edited by Damo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
poeticjustice88

i get that man, and I dont even believe it myself. Bt i know that my fuel gauge reads correctly as I have tested it many times in the past. I know that the odometer reads correctly because it matched up with the GPS readings. I dont know what else to say man, 14 litres got me too sunny coast and back.

Michael
poeticjustice88

somehow, randomly lost my idle today. Haven't been playing around with anything lately that could affect it, put some new spotlights on her is the only thing.

But now my idle is sitting around 600 when cold, 900 when warm, when it was 1050-1100 and that was perfect.

Because of the idle being low now, whenever i go to take off from a stop, i get a nice long squeal from, what i can tell is the alternator or belt.

Any reasons why i may have lost my idle?

only things i can think of is an air leak has reared its head in a gasket or something. But it drives perfectly fine with no loss of power.

Michael
robbo

Post by robbo »

that sounds like the same problem i'm having at present with my exa - ultra low idle at 560rpm and a terrible squeal from the alternator belt when taking off. i've got a blown manifold gasket so maybe that is the reason?
poeticjustice88

replaced the inlet manifold gasket today with hopes that it would fix my idle problem,and it looks like it has.

But HOLY F*CK was it a shitty job. I know nearly everyone here has done it before. But with my back I can't stay leaning over the car for too long.

The bolts underneath the runners on the underside of the manifold are a real bitch to get too. I had a hell of a time doing it because I had to stop and rest every 5 minutes to relieve my back.

Now the only problem I am having, is taking off from a stop, I get a squeal from my fan belt every now and again. This happens during the day when i don't have lights or cooling fans, stereo or wipers on, so it is not load related. The belt itself is nice and tight on the alternator, and the belt is in very good condition. Can anyone shed some light on what may be the cause of the squealing?

Michael.
poeticjustice88

well got everything sorted, the bushes in the alternator were gone, so i got them repaced now shies perfect no squeal or anything, love it
Limit-R

Post by Limit-R »

Hey mate do you by chance know what the model and part number is for the clutch you got?

I need to put a new clutch in my ET and the price I got on a heavy duty Exedy from NPC was about 750 with a new ring gear fitted (715 or so without)

Admittedly I don't really need a HD unit but I don't want something that will break either. I have a NPC unit in my V8 commodore so I figured those guys were a good place to start at.

250 just sounds better than 750 bucks in anyone's book.
poeticjustice88

I shed a small tear this afternoon as I watched my little green snot rocket drive away from me.

I have told the new owner to come on here and make an account. 1 so I can still see my ol girl, and 2 for whatever help he needs.

Cant say I was excited to see it go, I did like her. Only reason I sold it was because my spinal injury has been getting worse and worse. Now its gotten to the point where it was too hard for me to be in such a small car.

Heres to hoping the new owner gives her a good life.

Wish I didnt have to, but it was for the best :'(
poeticjustice88

I miss it already :'(
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

No sympathy........
Now you dont own an N12, i think ill delete your account here and block you on FB just for being soft...............!!!

Start crawling......NOW!

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
poeticjustice88

Dont be like that Tass... I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU !!!!!!!

Ok enough of the Whitney channelling.

As I said, only got rid of her because my back couldnt handle a small car. But I got a good deal for it so its all for the best.

Heres to hoping my ne ride gives me lots of fun

Michael
amraks

Post by amraks »

Gives a star to oracle.

lol.. yeah no n12 no forum for you haha.
Amraks