N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ratties N12 Turbo

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
rattie

Ratties N12 Turbo

Post by rattie »

hey all names Ray but mates call me Rattie ,live in Brisbane :lol: i have a N12 Astra with a ET Turbo Pulsar engine .i've had it bout 6 weeks now, came already done with the conversion :)

it has a Garrett T25 turbo(i think so anyway) bov,custom front mount intercooler,custom intercooler piping, 2 inch exhaust into 5 inch cannon. needs a tune and getting my radiator re cored. running on about 8 psi at th moment. the body work is shit house and interior isnt much better. exterior is standard with 15 inch mags. interior has boost gauge,sports steering wheel,shorten'd gear stick and sports gear knob,cd player,4 inch speakers with 2 x 12 subs :wink:

future plans include,body kit with GTIR Bonnet, new paint,tinted windows and 16 inch mags.
interior wise, full interior trim re done,more gages(monster tacho,oil,water), bigger stereo with dvd and screens

Last edited by rattie on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Sweet car dude.

Looks like a T25G turbo to me... possiblt a T25 but i cant see the outlet for the actuator in the compressor housing...
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Welcome to the group... good to see you're from Brissy aswell and nice Astra.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

welcome dude. it's good to see something a little different! not bad for an astra. lol :wink:
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Welcome to the club dude!

Your car sounds pretty cool. Get some pix up soon man.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
rattie

Post by rattie »

just thought put up a few more pics ,of the interior and my subs :lol:
hope 2 get my car tuned soon,get it running a bit better :)

Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

NIce car.

I like the wheels they are different.

Darren.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Good old Rampage subs eh :) They are ment to go quite well
rattie

Post by rattie »

yeah , the rampage subs go hard :D for $10 a sub, u cant go wrong :lol: but the subs looked crap fluro green so i painted them black,they look way better now 8)
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

$10 a sub! Then why is supercheap selling them for $300 for 2 12's in a box... surely the box isnt worth $280.
rattie

Post by rattie »

no no. they subs were ex demo, only $10 per sub. couldnt beleive it, so i bought them,even if they only lasted a few weeks, $10 u cant go wrong.

so $20 for the two. i got the box of a mate for $40. so $60 for 2 x 12 subs in a box. and i got an amp brand new for $100 with bass control :lol: it hammers for a cheap setup to. my mates have subs and amps 3 to 4 times what i paid for. and mine sounds just as good,if not better :lol:

but i'll get some better gear later, but for now thry do thr job :x
rattie

Post by rattie »

hey guys. just thought i'd do an update,not that theres much to update :P the good old N12 is running good :lol: still needs a tune bad though. i saw '51CET' around today. down in town, down near the ekka showgrounds :)

anyways, so far just got new mags . 15's,steering wheel and boost gauge,it changes 7 different colours.and made up some new door cards,with fiberglass speaker pods and alloy window winders. i also painted my brakes,just ad's a bit more detail. there blue,better then crusty old yucky black colour.

and replaced all the intercooler pipe connecters and ignition leads and pod filter, all blue items. and made up a heat sheild with cheaqerplate. its blue and so is the radiator over flow bottle. also relocated the AFM and the battery to give the pod folter more air :wink:

might head out to willow bank next wkend ,meet a few of the qld lad's,maybe even run my car down the 1/4 mile,we''ll see :lol:

BennyET

Post by BennyET »

wow that was a 1 in 1000 chance there mate, i'm rarely in bris city. was just delivering some goods to a customer!
but yeah come out to willowbank on the 17th, if not to race just to meet for a chat :)
rattie

Post by rattie »

went out to willowbank tet & tune on wednesday for a few runs :D
managed a 16.974, which isnt that impressive, but it was my 1st time out and i only ran my car on 10psi.
but better 1/4 mile times to come. the next test & tune is on 6th april (good friday) so ppl get the day off. so some of the QLD lad's should go out for a few run's :)
i probably make it uot there,see how i go :P
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i'll come out to meet up. might have a run, depends on car.
might be bit short notice for most but
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.