N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ratties N12 Turbo

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
rattie

Post by rattie »

just an update, havnt done much more on my N12 but i got it dyno'd and tuned today :)

118.1 hp on 13psi, which isnt bad. hoping to get some more power out of her yet,keep u guys updated :lol:

Shot at 2007-07-13
rattie

Post by rattie »

hey all, not much done of late to my car,lack of funds :oops:
but its getting there(slowly)

heres a pic of the mags i have on it now. just sanded the old mags back (they were flaking and crappy grey colour) and painted them black but kept the chrome lip :)

they look better then my old Auscar 5 spoke alloys i think 8)

Shot at 2007-11-12

Shot at 2007-11-12
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Mag's look really good! Your power seems a bit low for 13psi. Check the exhaust manifold divider and if you have a turbo head or not (my bet is on the head)
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I dunno power figures, but if that's the same setup you ran a 16.9 with back in March, I'd suggest something's wrong...

For example, mine's got a reco motor with a KKR280 @ (supposedly; need a boost gauge) 8psi, AFM relocation, and that's it... and it reaches 100 in a shade under 7 seconds, which I imagine is good for a fair bit better than an almost 17 second quarter... : /

Good luck sorting it, dude
rattie

Post by rattie »

with the 118hp i ran the best of a 15.9
i ran the 16.9 with only a lowesy 95hp,thats before it got tuned.

but yeah i agree. i have a t25,fmic,2 turbo vl pumps. 13psi. surely i should be getting more then 118hp.

i have the standard ecu with afm, but still should be more hp then what i've got.

i have a microtech LT8s, just need the money to install it
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

My wife's ET ran a 15.8 stock although the boost seemed to be on about 9psi (didn't have a boost controller on it though)

Then she did a 14.8 (only clean run due to boost spiking) with just an intercooler, 2.5inch exhaust and t25g on 12psi

Now with my ET i had an N/A head but full exhaust, intercooler, ecu, 14psi, etc and i could only manage a 15.5 (91mph). It only pulled 125hp. All due to the N/A head. I swapped that out and power went straight to 180hp with a tune.

The intake ports cause a massive restriction. Go check the head number. 15M is the turbo head although there are other heads with the 'good' intake ports.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
rattie

Post by rattie »

it has a turbo head, 15M is the head number. so what would i check/change to get more power.

it just seems with the mods i have, that i should have more power
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

get the head ported and polish cause as seed before these heads are very restrictive
rattie

Post by rattie »

hey guys,its been forever and a day since i last posted about my car.
i still have the liitle beast,but im looking at selling it soon.
since i last post alot has changed.

motor- i now have a t25g turbo(soon to be externally gated with a 38mm gate that i already have,just need to get it fitted)new radiator,
a new port and pollished head,new head gasket,new dump pipe,new cv shafts and joints,new boost tee,excedy heavy duty clutch.ssq bov,pod filter in heat sheilded airbox.oil catch can,turbosmart intercooler pipe joiner's.relocated battery in engine bay.

body- 4 new doors, resprayed it(myself) baby blue, fully debaged,shaved boot lock with cheqerplate numberplate surround.re painted my mags black again with new tyres. tinted front windows. new headlights. detailed my brakes red.blue undercar neons.

interior- retrimmed exa front seats,new dash with shaved factory speaker grilles and removed glovebox. fully retrimmed carpet with blue fur(looks good). new boost gauge,saas steering wheel and pedals,sports gearknob. removed center console. blue under dash neons,blue neon in boot. fully rewired stereo and all switches. custom door trims(need finishing)

stereo- panasonic mp3 player,6.5 inch splits up front,6 inch speakers rear doors, 2 channel amp running 2 x 15 inch mtx subs in custom enclosure

just need to finish up doing the interior (door cards, sub enclosure) and get the external gate fitted. will post up more and better pics soon
Last edited by rattie on Fri May 27, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rattie

Post by rattie »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Sweet. I like where you jammed your battery ; )

Are those wheels 15s?
rattie

Post by rattie »

Yeah,I mounted the battery back away from
The headite to allow for the pod filter. It gets
Good airflow behind the headlite.
The wheels are 15's with 195,50 tyres
E15T powered Astra