N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

n12 family

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

ok so i have spent a few hours at my shed i now have a racetech inlet manifold on and plumbed up iv had spark issues that i have now fixed well i hope iv fixed i replaced the dizzy and spark returned havent had the car to run yet due to a flat battery which ill be replacing saturday with a good 480cca its probably a little bit oh over kill but the 280cca battery just dies way to quick
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

its alive again after a heap of issues the et is running spot on idols a little low at the moment as i need to find a shorter accelerator cable or at least modify the standard to suit the et sounds heaps more responsive now it doses pretty well with the afm in the cooler pipes only issue i can pick with it is it wants to stall out after hard acceleration but all in all its almost ready to head back out to the drag strip and see what times it will do this season plenty more things to come for the extreme turd its finally getting to the way i want it to be
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

after hours of thinking about the head on my et iv been thinking i need to do some upgrading of the valve springs and maybe do a bit more port work but untill i can find a decent job ill be using some second hand holden 186 valve springs and i might try and port a spare head i have lying around just to see how far i can go my self

also im working on building a wiring loom for a microtech mt8 ecu so i can get all the extra killer wasps that are trapped buy the dinosaur stock ecu free and get some better drag time but befor all that happens im planning to get si (club rego for the mainlanders ) rego on the et to have it to drive on the streets and have some fun
etking

Post by etking »

let me know how you go with the applying for SI plates process. Is it currently registered? Mine turns 30 next year (85 model) so will be going for SI plates then.
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

no its not currently rego but with what ive been told its just like pitting your car normally with just a few little alowences for mods mine should pas pretty easierly we after i fix up my tie rod ends and rack boots
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well im one weekend away from a pit pass on the extreme turd rack boots and tie rod ends are getting done this weekend so fingers crossed that next week ill have a rego daily driver et
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well its been a while since the last post but the et is now on the road and happy about the out come car seems quick for what it is still need to get one of the many microtechs into it and some bigger injectors will also have a time slip for quarter mile after the 5th of march all in all excited for the drags and seeing what the extreme turd does ...........

also planning on running some decent race fuel to see what difference that will make on the current tune it has then maybe take some timimg out and increase the boost from 14 psi up to 17/18 depending how it runs on the day and air temps ect ect
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Have fun at the strip!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

car has survived the drag strip ended up runnign a 14.55 over the quarter mile on a stinking hot day could only run 17psi of boost befor running out of fuel pump top speed over the trap was 159ks per hour with a shocking 60ft time of 2.3 seconds

so the car needs bigger tyres fuel pump and a ecu and injectors am hoping to get into the 13s with a few more small mods

so starting a new motor build as well finally going to be putting my acl pistons into a freshly bored out block with new rings and bearings plus going to be figuring out how to fix the oil pressure issue that most n12s eventually get

all in all the car will be getting some much needed love as i have finally got the jetspeed bar on the front that matches my side skirts but the whole car needs a new lick of paint
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Nice one!
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

so yesterday i stripped one of my spare blocks down found the crank to be in excetionally good condition and the bores are already 20 thou over so im taking the block to my local machine shop to get acid dipped and honed out readdy for the new pistons and rings thenre assembling the motor in the next coouple of weeks to hope fully have a strong bottom end also found that the oil pump wasnt to old on the block either so im hoping that it will hold good pressure
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Sounds good, best of luck.
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

ok here is a quick update on the build the block i took into the machine shop is well past stuffed rusted bore thats pitted and is to deep to be bored out to 40thou over so iv had to take another block in and now waiting on the call to say yay or nay with the second block all going to plans i should have the block pistons rings and bearings befor friday to build and install over the comming weekend
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

pity about the first one
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

second block is all go now waiting on mains bearing to arrive today to start assembly have painted the block white and the sump blue thinking a blue head as well getting closer to having a decent motor for the et and really cant wait to drive it now i know exactly whats been put into it only thing left to do is an ecu and injector upgrade then onto body work and painting the car going to be staying with the factory white but adding grey from the door strips down grey and also the jetspeed bar will be grey hoping it turns out the way i want it to and it looks rather good when all finished