N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

west coast usa exa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
oregoncoastimports

Post by oregoncoastimports »

gentle men this is my thread where i seek help and advice about the vehicle i have taken under my posession and i will ask u plz to settle ur arguements in the octagon not in my thread. uv both offered me much well considered advice and i am quite greatful to both for your assistance weather it point blank accurate or slightly askew. being that as it is do either of u have an opinion on attempting to set GTIR springs onto an exa
"JDM is king, it only takes one car to shape a generation.... can u build it?"
1967 chevelle dual 4 327 4speed gasser
1983 pulsar nx: recaro seats, momo wheel, nrg pedals, xxr 002 wheels, clean paint and 40mpg
1991 s13: rb25dett two turbo's 18" xxr wheels 425 rwhp and 3 speeeding tickets hehe ;p
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The only way your going to know is try them (springs) M8. Pretty simple really.
We are fortunate over here to have a ready supply of aftermarket springs in a couple of different ride heights so nobody bothers with funky swaps.

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Pulsa ... 1c1bd86df4

I asked if they will post to the US but won't know till tomorrow if they will but if not,give me afew weeks to get this move over with and I'll sort you some

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
oregoncoastimports

Man those r spendy.... why is there two sets of fronts? Does anyone have the rear window molding? The black rubber gasket that goes round the back window? I need one my window is just urethaned in and it looks like donkey butt hole if anyone has one in good condition ill buy it from u this friday
1983 pulsar nx: recaro seats, momo wheel, nrg pedals, xxr 002 wheels, clean paint and 40mpg
1991 s13: rb25dett two turbo's 18" xxr wheels 425 rwhp and 3 speeeding tickets hehe ;p
oregoncoastimports

Thanks oracle ull know how it goes by thee end of the day hopefully I think with the stiffer rates they will give less roll but idk so we ill find the answers and give a test and tune if ya give a damn haha :wink:
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

they the cheap ones mate,price only goes up for there,
we all want to know what new mods people come up with that work
I noticed that you using Tein springs now,if they do a stock they should do a lower to you'd think,if gtir springs do work cheapes way for you would be custom spring made over there
as for the window rubber hard to fined want one myself

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
oregoncoastimports

Thanks zoomzoom big help I'm running stocks now going to tein but idk if they will work yet
oregoncoastimports

up dates the rear gtir springs n and the car dropped 2inches n the rear... now we've got to stretch the fenderwells so everything comes out even hopefully we can tuck everythin up inside to get a nice low low low stance like 4 innches ground clearance would b sweet . Installung front coils today should woork out good pics to follow... still considering turbo goodies... id also like to do a right hand drive conversion so if someone has a dash and all the steering components id buy them off you keep me posted
txateu

Post by txateu »

Hey oregoncoastimports how'd you go fitting up the gtir springs? Was it difficult?

I would love to see some shots of it...

Keep up the good work
cheers Michael,
oregoncoastimports

the rear was a direct swap!!!! and i havent got my new struts so i havent installed the fronts yet ill keep u posted. what motorswaps are there for these cars idk if i wanna turbo the 1.6 so what other motors can b swapped into these cars fairly easily?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nothing drops straight in M8, way it is.
ANYTHING will fit with some imagination and lots of time and effort.
You need to ask urself is an N12 worth the headfuck of a major engine/transmission transplant!
Often the answer is no.
way it goes.

l8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
oregoncoastimports

That's the question I ask myself everyday oraccle... is it worth it? Financially no but I can drive the short wheel base ccars really well so as far as street racing I also c an opportunity to have a authentic sleeper... they r really rare over here and even more so modified so should I blend in or b original is what I ask... I don't know what I want to do right now I'm considering making it sr or rb powered and rear wheel drive but I still don't know what's ur opinion I also have a 2jzggtte from a 97 supra rz just sitting around looking lonely. But iv heard minor talk from gents on here about some swaps they have done so I'm lookingg for opinions if you could do any front wheel drive swap to ur n 12 what would it b? We r building a street legal race car so I. Want frontswheel drive and powerful what motor would u install? ANY FRONTWHEEL DRIVE nissan or datsun
oregoncoastimports

Well guys iv got the worst of news..... I was rounding a blind corner in a rush cause my wife was in the hospital having ccontractions and there was a 4x4 dodge truck n the middle of the road I weent into the ditch to avoid him and come out backwards and airborn slamming into a bank on the opposite side of the road crushing the passengers quarter panel then thee front of the car swung around smashed into the bank and crumbled like a beer can.... the westcoast exa is headed to the crusher at 6:00p.m. tonight :'( sorry gentlemen I did everyything I knew to do but for the first time one got away from me. Pics asap
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

fark........ sorry to hear mate, i hope your wife, baby and yourself are ok.
StelioLow

Post by StelioLow »

oregoncoastimports wrote:it is called the pulsar nx but most american asssssholes want oversized hummer suvs to compensate for their exceptional lack of genetailia. so that being said most of these cars ended up crushed or thrown into wrecking yards where they will never c the roads again. mine has been n the family for almost 15 years and i pulled it out of the bushes...
so was mine one of the few..saved..it still own the streets..and a beast in the mountains..fun litte thingie..was not expecting another pulsar in the states..so hi..welcome lol!