N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

west coast usa exa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Yeh I'm not sure with the e16. Shipping would be quite expensive for a motor n box, I got quoted 430 bucks ffrom Sydney to brissy....like 900km. Wheres taz when ya need him lol. Will have to get to you with photos as photobucket isnt working for me.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

you can strenthen crank and rod to suit turbo,buy turbo pistons and head rebuiled the whole fcken engine
but that sr20 you thinking about think no more drop it in,be the thing I would be doing if iu could ,we not aloud to over here no more
you'll have the fastest exa on the world roads lol

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

zoomzoom wrote:you can strenthen crank and rod to suit turbo,buy turbo pistons and head rebuiled the whole fcken engine
but that sr20 you thinking about think no more drop it in,be the thing I would be doing if iu could ,we not aloud to over here no more

zoomzoom
It's not that we are not ALLOWED its the point that we need safety certificates and have everything engineered along with having the brakes to match the increase in power.

With the swapping to injection, I think you have a lot to do before it will go, you will need an oil line and oil return line put in from your engine

you might need the intake as well. I'll tell you what... I'm going through my garage now that I moved and realised I have a whole lot more parts then I need. SO if you do buy this stuff from Sash I will give him the intake and maybe a few things if you need more and I have it laying around in my garage. So sash can send them up to you as one package.

Just a thought,
Dexi
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

zoomzoom wrote:you can strenthen crank and rod to suit turbo,buy turbo pistons and head rebuiled the whole fcken engine

zoomzoom

Pfft just run stock boost, intercooler and de compress it and she'l be right. Question is will the manifolds all bolt on??
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

sashN12 wrote:

zoomzoom

Pfft just run stock boost, intercooler and de compress it and she'l be right. Question is will the manifolds all bolt on??

boggy doggy shit like that is why you now the road sasha
and yes every thing is interchangeable
but the head on the e16 don't have the flow the turbo head so stock boost is a waste of time
do some reseach mate before you go boosting an n/a engine

zoomzoom
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

zoomzoom wrote:boggy doggy shit like that is why you now the road sasha

Come on man... If ya gonna drop words... Pick the right ones

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

all got the meaning

zoomzoom
oregoncoastimports

Post by oregoncoastimports »

so now she has a constant draw on the battery and everytime i try to start her.... dead.... grrrr :x but got flares today need modification to work properly and look good and underglow due n tomorrow... lowering springs in wednesday... seats installed yesterday and working on finishing the interior then by spring either a rebuild on the 1.5 or a turbo sr20 swap but im not sure about swapping n a turbo on the 1.5. has anyone ever done an sr20 swap n to a exa? any advice on the 1.5 turbo? anyone have 1.6 turbo motor forsale????
"JDM is king, it only takes one car to shape a generation.... can u build it?"
1967 chevelle dual 4 327 4speed gasser
1983 pulsar nx: recaro seats, momo wheel, nrg pedals, xxr 002 wheels, clean paint and 40mpg
1991 s13: rb25dett two turbo's 18" xxr wheels 425 rwhp and 3 speeeding tickets hehe ;p
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

No such thing as an E16 turbo.
SR20 conversions have been done both atmo and turbo. Job is lengthy and reasonably complicated and altho the big engined cars pull like a busload full of schoolboys, they are overall not much quicker than a well sorted E15 powered thing doe to weight and traction issues.

ONLY difference between atmo and turbo engines bottom ends is the conrod lengths and crank strokes.
Turbo rods are 3mm shorter than atmo e15.
E16 conrods are exacxtly the same as turbo rods and are fundamentally indestructable.
Pistons are the interchangeable. Just slightly different chamber shapes and valve reliefs for the atmo engine and leaded turbo pistons.

The E16i head has larger combustion chambers than ET. About 9cc bigger from memory The efi version has a better port design than the e16s but both will work just fine.

Cranks are steel and identical in all of them as far as strength goes. Just differeng strokes for E13/E15/E16. Like the rods, they are more or less indestructible and will support foolishly high rpm's for years on end!

You have almost everything you need to do a turbo conversion apart from the high compression ratio.
E16's even have the larger 200mm clutch stock as well. Atmo engines all use a 180mm clutch
E series combustion chambers dont seem to support high CR's without grenading so youll have to drop your compression down to a turbo friendly sub 8:1 somehow.
This means an E15 crank and a loss of 100cc's capacity or pistoms with about a 3mm lower compression height.
E15 crank would be the easiest and cheapest by far way. There are a legion of those things running around in the US of A.
A Turbo job will by far offset any loss of 100cc capacity.
I doubt youll be able to machine the piston crowns far enough to drop the compression ratio enough tho. Youll have to run that by a decent engine builder.
Id be predicting a different or custom fit piston.
You already have all your EFI stuff in place so larger injectors to suit your boost pressure and a retuned ECU or a replacement ECU are what you need.

Im not familiar with the EFI system on an E16 but if its fundamentally the same as the E15et and I see no reason why not then you could just plug in an ECU of a turbo motor available from me for..... what... fuckit, ill give one to you!

Find and post up the wiring diagrammes and info for the E16i and well have a look for you.

Have fun
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

and there you go

zoomzoom
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

zoomzoom wrote:all got the meaning

zoomzoom
U really need to read what u say before u post...
And what exactly did u mean by ur last post about me?
Put a decompression plate in-between the head and the block, or changing the crank like oracle said, will be fine on 7 psi, for a long time, as long as an e15t anyway...
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Off the top of my head.
  • Wiring + ECU
    Inlet Manifold/Plenum
    Exhaust Manifold/Turbo
    Dump Pipe + Exhaust Temp Sender
    Fuel Rail + Injectors
    Distributor
    Throttle Body
    Cold Idle Stuff off Log
    AFM
There's probably more that I can't think of at the moment, but that's a start. Some of the things you can do without (Wiring + ECU, AFM, if you go aftermarket ECU), and some can be manufactured quite easily if you are so inclined (Fuel Rail, Exhaust Manifold etc).

Jay
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
oregoncoastimports

Nwe question has anyone ever tried using 94_00 gtir springs on an et or exa?
1983 pulsar nx: recaro seats, momo wheel, nrg pedals, xxr 002 wheels, clean paint and 40mpg
1991 s13: rb25dett two turbo's 18" xxr wheels 425 rwhp and 3 speeeding tickets hehe ;p
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

why would you when n12 spring are a dime a dozen
anyway would they be to heavy a rating be they off a heavier car to start with

zoomzoom
oregoncoastimports

not here they r exceptionally hard to find a lowering spring for and the stiffer rate will assist with the exceptional amount of body roll my car has allowing for hard cornering that is very common up here n the mountains