N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ctchme's Exa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
ctchme

ctchme's Exa

Post by ctchme »

Name: Matt Hallows
Year/ Model: 1984 Exa Turbo
Colour: Black/White
Period of ownership: 4 Months

Performance: GT2864 turbo

Engine Mods: 2.5" exhaust, Pod filter, slim thermo's

Interior Mods: Bucket seats, Black dash, Clarion sound system

Exterior Mods: Black bonnet & boot, series 2 tail lights

Wheels: Standard rims with 215/50 R14 bridgestone tires

Other: LEDs in door handles, central locking, wiring harness transplant

Future Plans: aftermarket ecu, custom intake manifold, electric windows/mirrors, gauges, larger injectors, 040 fuel pump, 300x240x60 intercooler

Pics:
Car when i first got it

Bare engine bay

New intake manifold installed

Air intake

New seats

New vs old turbo

Will upload more pics when i fix up a wheel bearing and get her out of the shed :)
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

good to see another exa getting some loving

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
baz

Post by baz »

Leds in door handles made me LOL!
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

baz wrote:Leds in door handles made me LOL!
Yea, im just a poor sucker for them haha
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

just a quick update, have fitted a new distributor, have raised the seats 20mm so i could fit the ecu underneath, have fitted a shift light that lights up the tacho when its time to change gears, fitted new speakers in the stock speaker position rather than the door, and am getting some stainless steel piping made up that will allow me to remove the stupid log and make it easier to do the afm relocation :)
Have to replace the front passenger wheel bearing before its on the road, and possibly do rear disc conversion. Will get more pics up when my camera starts working again
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

just remembered, have upgraded 11mm fuel lines installed, rx7 injectors to be installed, and need to source either a bosch 040 or walbrough fuel pump to get ready for e85
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

What material are your 11mm fuel lines your planning to use with e85?
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

sashN12 wrote:What material are your 11mm fuel lines your planning to use with e85?
Pretty sure they are mild steel, have had the lines for quite while, could be mistaken though
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

Just a quick update, have replaced the wheel bearing at the front, so she is now able to be moved around, have a huge hole where the egr valve is suppose to go, waiting till next week to buy a new welder to seal it off. heres a few new pics of her just out of the shed haha

Have to tidy up the interior now, before she gets rego'd and also need to fix up a problem with the gearbox not finding reverse haha
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

hey guys, another update, have got the interior all straightened out, am about to re-upholster the sun visors in black suede have ordered a new ecu from the states, got to get rid of the afm, as it has died on me. Will give an update again when she's back running again
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

Hey again everyone, have yet another update for my baby, I recieved my new ecu from the states, took to making it, got the new wiring harness for it, new harness has been attached, ecu has been roughly tuned in, I also have replaced the fuel pressure regulator with an aftermarket one, now that they have been installed, the car turns on however stays in afterstart enrichment mode as i dont have an intake air temp sensor installed just yet, will hopefully get a pipe made up next week with a bung that i can screw the iat sensor into :)

For those of u that like the technical details here they are :
ECU: Megasquirt 2 in kit form with 2.88 firmware ($350 delivered, $400 including harness)
FPR : generic ($90, thanks ebay)
IAT sensor: open element to fit ford, (check fuelmiser books at repco for details)
O2 Sensor : bosch LSU 4.2 5 wire wideband oxygen sensor ($130 delivered)
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

MS is quite good but rather fiddly. Suits the tinkerer. Good luck with it.

Umm one thing tho, unless you have a WBo2 controller, ur most likely wasting ur time with a 5 wire ego.
Unless MS have included some control circuitry but last time I looke they hadnt.

Check ur documentation and possibly ditch the 5 wire.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

tassuperkart wrote: Umm one thing tho, unless you have a WBo2 controller, ur most likely wasting ur time with a 5 wire ego.
Unless MS have included some control circuitry but last time I looke they hadnt.
Thanks E, yeah have got the wbo2 controller, but have put my own bit of circuitry in the proto area on the ms2 board so i can either run the controller or have it wired straight to the board, atm I have it going thru the controller, but when it comes to the car running proper, ie. tuning has all been done, i'll be running it closed loop straight to the ecu
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nice nice!
Shame MS is built on such old architecture tho. Nature of the beast!!!
Closed loop function is a little limited and best diabled above low boost.
However, they have been using VE tuning for years which makes it childsplay to make large injector flow changes and arrive at a good tune immediately.

I considered one a long time ago but just too limited for what I wanted. Nice price tho.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

tassuperkart wrote:Nice nice!
Shame MS is built on such old architecture tho. Nature of the beast!!!
Closed loop function is a little limited and best diabled above low boost.
However, they have been using VE tuning for years which makes it childsplay to make large injector flow changes and arrive at a good tune immediately.

I considered one a long time ago but just too limited for what I wanted. Nice price tho.

L8r
E
Yeah it is a shame its built on old architecture, on the upside it means that everything is heavily documented, and is relatively easy to modify, I agree with what u said about closed loop, not going to be running it higher than 8psi at this stage.

A bit of an update now, have just picked up some 13b turbo injectors :D and am about to get a second turbo as my one has decided to shit itself, but minus the turbo issue, she is running!! Have also got an idle valve off an rb30 inlet so now it can idle and not complain all the time haha, hopefully have it done next week when ive got some more time on my hands.

PS. Happy Australia Day!