N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Andrews 86 langley turbo **AWD PROJECT***

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

been doing a lil bit of work on the car made front under braces and strut brace, installed a half cut 3 core civic radiator cause the turbo was rubbing against the standard radiator had to make new mounts and mounts for the fan, re-position the wastegate and made a new oil drain line also sprayed and fitted the skirts and rear skirt, still gota make a rear strut brace and a centre brace.

new clutch yet to be installed
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Looking all fancy pants. It is coming along well, good work. :wink:
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

cheers ash :D after taking the car out for a test run to see how the new half sized radiator would perform, i must say it did the job quit well and the needle sat just over the first quarter.

and the front lower and upper brace has a tremendous effect in the best possible way in handling power and steering, i feel it transmitting more power to the ground than before and i must say i love it, and it such a cheap upgrade :)
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

just purchased a 3 stage dry sump pump which will be driven by timming belt so im going the whole hog to build a track car also going to install a water to air intercooler setup, placing the heat exchanger inside the cabin behind the glove box department and making my own 2 stage water ice box with internal heat exchanger which will be positioned in the boot, the car is making well over 230hp atw now so i want to be making another 100hp on top to match the gibson exa and take the lil beast out to wakefield park for speed off the street meet
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

So now i have got rid of the ET :? (i may get another one down the track) i have bought my self a cheap project which is slow and sluggish but all for the right reasons tho, i love camping and off road treks and traveling and hopefully soon around Australia. i wanted to get a nissan gq patrol td42t, but didnt have the cash, so i ended up buying a series 1 Nissan terrano with a Td27t auto :roll: these 4x4 aint so popular in AUS but in the US these things are and the us offer alot of aftermarket suspension upgrades including a solid front axle conversion kit, but i can get one out of a mq patrol here and do a soild leaf sprung conversion.... but thats down the track after i bust a CV in the independent front....

so atm shes getting a spray job in my shed. being imported from japan in 98 its spent most its time in the snow (gotta love the heated seats in this thing) and the paint has faded so iv sanded the top half back and giving it a two tone look with a nissan patrol Aztec red on top and standard grey below

iv also changed the front end from a D21 navara ute. looks much better

here are the early stages

but being fast hasn't left me yet as i also have an n14 pulsar thats my daily that ill be doing modifications to (its me partners car :lol: ) out with the sr20de and in with the gtir sr20de minus the T thats right im goin N/A for once, so im gonna be building a mild street car the motor will be getting a set of sr20ve hi compression pistons 12.5:1 (comp ratio will be a lil less than that due to the gtir head combustion chamber being different to all the others) and most prob 260 deg 12mm lift cams and the microtech lt10s x4 out of my ET will be going on, so atm im just match porting the quads to the head and cleaning up the intake ports....

Valentich

Post by Valentich »

Taped up the Terrano looks like a Prairie LOL
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

just a lil update on my 4x4 :)

been coming along slow but with good results

top half respray in aztec red seen on the red nissan patrol utes, up to the sanding of 2000 grit wet and dry paper with a squirt bottle as i go along over the whole car is and arm killer lol all done by hand to get all the orange peal out, and a buff with cutting compound.

baz

Post by baz »

Only thing I dont rate is the oil drain pipe, Everything else seems like not to many corners have been cut
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

the terrano is almost complete :D

will be dropping in a RB30DET mated up to a vg30 4x4 box out of the v6 models, this will be done after i get bored with the turbo diesel

cheers
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Big job to use the V6 box.
The RB uses an "L series" bolt pattern which is nowhere near the VG pattern.
Cut and shut the bellhousing for you I spose or you may be able to find a bellhousing off an RB25 to fit the gearbox.
You also going to have dramas with starter motoors as they bolt to the bellhousing and the VG's use a different size ring gear.
VG might be an easier and cheaper option.

Fun Fun Fun!!!

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

frigg me 4x4 photos are old now this is a recent shot from a local track

i still miss me lil n12 weapon tho. i sold the thing to buy this :? but this thing gets me places :D