N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tim's Widebody/Gibson replica N12 EXA '83

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Insane_N12

Tim's Widebody/Gibson replica N12 EXA '83

Post by Insane_N12 »

Name: Tim

A bit of interest has been shown to put up another build thread, so i will, i know some people wont appreciate it, but i love it, its my pride and joy, i have worked very hard to get the car to where it is, so im happy to show it as regestration is coming up very soon and the car will finally be back on the road.
I first got the N12 virus back in 2006 when i bought my first one for $500, the car was totally stuffed and i worked hard to replace many parts including the engine. Got the car to a running state, enjoyed it for many months, but sadly had to sell. Told myself one day im gunna get another one and create my own personalised N12, and thats what im trying to do. I love em, there so addictive and awesome to drive.
Ill display a few pics from what it was when i purchased it, to the car it is today. Hope yous appreciate what i have done to it.
Ill throw in a few pics from an engine rebuild ive helped conduct with Caterpillar on a 3512B at work to just appreciate some large scale stuff, i find it interesting, and nearly destroyed my back lifting 60kg heads. Cheers

Year/ Model: 1983

Colour: Arctic White

Period of ownership: Since 1st May 2009

Performance: TBA in 3 weeks (when tune is conducted)

Engine Mods: E15ET stroked to 1.7, bigger injectors, turbo, worked head, headers, wasted spark ignition setup etc.

Interior Mods: Custom leather, gauges, 20% tinting.

Exterior Mods: Custom Fitted Gibson Motorsport replicated bodykit, all wheel slotted disc conversion.

Wheels: 15x8 with toyo proxes T1Rs

Other: Swaybars, coilovers, N14 sss built gearbox etc, solid engine mounts, FMI, strutbrace front and rear, custom dump pipe and exhaust etc.

Future Plans: To try get a good time at the strip and have the car showcased in Zoom and Fast Fours and have the engine bay sprayed soon.
Spot weld all unnecessary holes and replace all hoses to braided with red anodized connections.
Install New aluminium radiator.
Install Japspec head (with ARP studs) after repairs and porting is complete, then fit the japspec rocker cover (freshly resprayed in a really nice red).
Install Stereo (P90RS, P90EQ and focal splits),retrim boot,retrim roof lining.
Complete manufacturing of replica Gibson Exa group C Wing uprights and attach to main foil, spray white and fit.
Convert to AWD SR20 powered if i keep the car longer term once ive done everything i wanna do with the E15.

Pics:
Last edited by Insane_N12 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

nice one mate, if i get my new moter in and tuned by the time u get here i might be able to keep up with ya. looks mental tho :)
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

:D

Very Nice.
Hope to see on the road soon.
Very sweet ride.
Last edited by Valentich on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

nice work good to see an exa get some loving like to now how that engine goes wanted it my self but didn't get the funds in time.Enjoy

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

Thanks heaps guys, makes all the work worthwhile :) and zoom yeh for sure, ill list up the dyno report after i run it.
Damo

Post by Damo »

CNC machined comp wheel! Damn that thing must be huge!

What ECU are you running?

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

haha yeh dude, those turbo's were about 60kgs too, heavy stuff, working on the gas turbines atm tho which is just as interesting. Running a Haltech Platinum sprint 500.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

8)

great to see you finally got the posts up!

C
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

yeh man, heaps more to come, will take more when bay is sprayed and braided hoses are in.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Niiiiiice!

Needs more low tho
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

nah dont wanna lower it, makes it too impractical.
ziddy0786

Post by ziddy0786 »

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL AN EXA NO1 WILL SEE A BETTER THEN THAT AWESOME JOB MATE LOVE THE WHEELS :wink:
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

cheers mate :) makes it all worth while
ziddy0786

Post by ziddy0786 »

What's it costing you now?
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

dont know, doesnt bother me, just doing what i enjoy.