N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

SASHA's 86 ET* update 13/9

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

ok so was flexing mt nebo and hit a pothole, resulting in me snapping my right IC mount, and its on an angle now lol. also have relocated the afm to into the cold side of cooler piping, and attacked the front bar with the plasma lol. atm it is going well but the cam tooth is out a gear and the clutch is 95% fukd. so new clutch, cam belt, front seal and bigger turbo and a tune and i might think about taking it to powercruise. just need my tax back.
pics with tommyt's et:
tommyt

Post by tommyt »

Thanks for the pics sasha appriciate it dude.
Dont forget to breathe!!!!
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Ok so got a t25g for the right price, should put it in tonight. Hunting for a decent clutch for a decent enough price, so if anyone can get mad deals plz let me know, I'm getting so eager to get this thing to powercruise!! And hopefully il get tommy"s rays wheels on soon too :)
And if I get my roof resprayed and get new carpet il chuck it in the show n shine :)
Will keep posted.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

turbo on!!
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

ah so this is your ET, very clean! i like it! will definately have to hit up a cruise sometime.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

coming along nicely 8)

what sort of clutch you want n what you willing to pay for it hd extreme start around $300

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

i WILL NOT use an extreme clutch, they have wasted soooooooo much of my time. can get exedy HD organic for 190, but sorta want somethin better. also i need a new flywheel with a GOOD ring gear, as mines fucked and grinds when i start lol. might get a exedy button for 380, but i reckon i can get cheaper if i hunt around :)
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

haha the old ring gear, very common problem, mine did it when i bought it in 09 and my first one in 06, pretty easy replacement tho, and plenty around.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

yeh my last et did it too, and now tommy's is starting to do t lol. how do i go about it? can i just buy a new ring gear and use the oxy to heat it up and put it on the flywheel or am i better off getting a whole nother flywheel?
Insane_N12

Post by Insane_N12 »

you can do that, but its prob cheaper/easier to try buy one in good condition, thats what i did and its been working awesome for ages.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

its only bout $90 for a new ring gear.
when you get it done you can get the flywheel machined and balanced.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

cheers dex, il try get one this week. finished my intercooler piping and got the dump on, well, sorta... she moves heaps quicker now but doesnt hit boost til 4k.
and driving along last night and heard something fall off, turned out to be my sump plug!! dumped oil fuckin everywhere
dont know why/how it came off...
heres some more pics.

ps the dump is actually on now and the water lines are temporarly blocked until i fit them.
ziddy0786

Post by ziddy0786 »

Love your setup mate and what's with the coke Bottle lol I bet it chatters or. Flutter good with afm in the cooling pipes?
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Haha thanks mate. It used to with the afm in the cold side and running the log and std turbo, but now it's a pisweak flutter, might move afm to cold side to get hektik flutters again. I'm also running a shorter intake pipe so should sound good :) as for the coke bottle, when I ripped out my battery tray the overflow bottle wasn't mounted, and fell off at high speed lol.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

started making new dump. cant wait to get the screamer pipe on and get it in!
pics :
ImageImage