N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

SASHA's 86 ET* update 13/9

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sashN12

SASHA's 86 ET* update 13/9

Post by sashN12 »

hey guys, this is my second ET.
its a 12/86 model (highmount turbo :p)
its a full grandma car, old lady had it for years, still has the plastic thing on the rear window lol!
only mod is the turbo timer...for now.
so plans are: 10 psi, cooler, exhaust, FPR, afm relocation and flutter pipe.

then along the line il get a bigger turbo, cam, injectors and TB.
all input appreciated. cheers, SASH.

Last edited by sashN12 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Shouldn't need the FPR at 10PSI, I think
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

prob not, but dont wana risk starving it
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

depends if it's a rising rate or just an adjustable one.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Kinda sad to see an original example modified... thats normally where the slide to destruction starts. Just be kind to it :)
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Yes I know it's kinda sad, but just need bit more power. I still want to keep it as original as possible. I will not be changing any of the exterior as It looks good the way it is. Might even just run at 10 psi with a decent exhaust and keep it at that. Will wash it tonight and get pics :) cheers, sash.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

pics up!!
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

man that thing is mint............. honestly, its goin to be worth alot more, i mean A LOT more in the future if you leave it as is...........

good score.

also keep an eye out on the local events section for regular brisbane cruises
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

lol cheers bud, i wish i could say its mint, but its close. it has some very minor rust starting and a couple scratches and the gloss on the roof is fading, but, its 25 years old lol.
def keen for the cruises!
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

battery now installed in the boot, boost guage in, doing new intake to turbo pipe, boost controller, and maybe exhaust tomoro :)
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

15exa wrote:man that thing is mint............. honestly, its goin to be worth alot more, i mean A LOT more in the future if you leave it as is...........
You think? I'd be pretty surprised if a mint ET is ever gonna be worth more than $5k.

They're not exactly the most collectable car on the block, AFAIK... even though there's a handful of reasons why they should be collectible.
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

sashN12 wrote:Yes I know it's kinda sad, but just need bit more power. I still want to keep it as original as possible. I will not be changing any of the exterior as It looks good the way it is. Might even just run at 10 psi with a decent exhaust and keep it at that. Will wash it tonight and get pics :) cheers, sash.
It's not going to happen dude, these cars are a fuckin disease. Anyone that's had one and was happy to leave it at 10psi has never been on this forum. Beautiful, pristine example. You would have been better off keeping it that way and buying a previoulsy modded one to keep going with. Anyway, your car and as the others said, be nice to it.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Keeping it as standard as possible, if I want a QUICK car il get a rotor. This is just a daily. Exhaust and 10 psi will keep me happy, as I'd rather put new carpet in it and get the roof re-glossed :) wouldn't mind just holding on to it until it hits 30 years, then price will start going up :) specially for one like this :)
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Lol I found some wheels I want, that would look spastic on this thing, but not sure they would fit. 17x9 +12 ??? there is a +25 model but don't think that work all that well? And these things are 4x 114.3 yeah?
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

gave her a wash. thaught id take of the louver thing, put white headlight globes in, and take some pics :)
looking at doing some suspension work (maybe just king lows and kyb shocks) and the wheels, then i would probly drawl over it lol.