N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Shane's 1985 Pulsar ET - 13.3 and 116mph..

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

ahhaha. Nice Shane.

Good to see the ET getting some attention, although I didn't know you were into audio gear!

A tip with the ET body shape if your into those DB Drags. When in competition and your after a couple more points of decibel - bring some mates with you and get 2 of them each side to push against the A-pillar toward the rear of the car. Its worth 2 extra DB. It won me a comp @ 147dB when I first got my ET! hahah if you are allowed though.

In fact my ET originally came from a dude in Geelong in 1999 that was right into it. I used 2 15inch MTX5000 and a competition MTX amp - before they had class D circuitry. At his recommendation. I won a bunch of comps before getting over it, and hurting my ears, and screwing the car back together too many times.

Really good quality job youv'e done there - as usual.........that box is solid as fuck, and those subs......well I guess sub technology has changed in 10 years>??? The throw looks enormous on those jiggas.

Ah the memories! :lol:

Darren
Race it.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

I like music and electronics so ive always had an interest and fiddled around with audio gear.
Ive never entered a competition before so i figured it was time to give it a go (ive gotta try every type of car activity at least once right?)

If it looks like ive got a chance at all ill get some mates to jump on the car hahaha. Yeah the sub's are pretty solid, and it has got quite a bit of travel too haha.
80DGY2

Post by 80DGY2 »

you aren't rear loading the subs?

from my somewhat hazy memory I was under the impression that (from an SPL perspective) hatchbacks benefit from facing the drivers towards the rear of the car?

please bear in mind that there have been a shitload of beers in between when I was proper interested in it and now :D
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Well went to the event tonight.

Did 132.8db with music. Not too bad for first time

Next time im going to turn the subs around :)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

I always found better results with rearward facing or upward facing over forward facing in hatches and wagons.
Congratulations on the great results by the way Shane :wink: