N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Shane's 1985 Pulsar ET - 13.3 and 116mph..

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Thanks dave!

It was done on brand spanking DTS dyno, no shootout mode. Run was done 4 times and the last 3 showed consistancy.

When i say a dyno listing i dont mean a top 10 sort of thing. its mearly a list of forum owners cars, some mods and what power they put down.
similar to what they have over at r31 club
http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?topic=23881.0

oh and btw, its still not tuned as you can see from the curve, and boost drops off at high revs :(

more boost here we come 200kw :D :P

Last edited by shanec86 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

hehehe if its anything liek teh R31 club our figures will be higher dyno outputs and lower ET's lmao most of those guys are lamers pfft pinnys suck
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yeah, nice man, shame bout the boost dropping off at higher rev's mate :(
Im sure you'll get that sorted soon

:)

Wes
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

Nice work shane, could you tell me whether the workshop is able to tune mt series microtech's. And price. PM me if u dont want to put it on the free to see.

Cheers

Kris
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

nah, from the impression i got, they dont do tuning as such. I was the one who was playing with the laptop on the dyno.

Oh and the dyno sheet is a couple of hundred RPM out, because he was getting RPM from roller speed. it got up just over 65000rpm i think it was, and boost just kept dropping off the higher you reved it, so it wasnt making continuous power up top
Matt

Post by Matt »

Awesome power and torque mate!
Well done
angel

Post by angel »

shanec86 wrote:nah, from the impression i got, they dont do tuning as such. I was the one who was playing with the laptop on the dyno.

Oh and the dyno sheet is a couple of hundred RPM out, because he was getting RPM from roller speed. it got up just over 65000rpm i think it was, and boost just kept dropping off the higher you reved it, so it wasnt making continuous power up top
time for a EBC.

also that power figure seems fucking high for only 14psi of boost, good work anyway.
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

well boost gauge said 14psi, the dyno said 14psi and the microtech reakons it saw spikes up to 16psi and was hovering 13-15psi
Wes

Post by Wes »

My wolf was a bit higher than what the actual reading for boost was also. Its common with the ecus'
The boost gauge was accurate to what the dyno was reading .....
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

shanec86 wrote:well boost gauge said 14psi, the dyno said 14psi and the microtech reakons it saw spikes up to 16psi and was hovering 13-15psi
thats cause the mt maps read high. for a saftey device cause the mt were calibraited so they rear high for saftey. i looked at my logger and it sayes 17-18 psi lol even tho its sitting on 14-15 psi
Wes

Post by Wes »

Mine read 19 when it was actually on 17psi
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Its also going to depend on where you are measuring it from. There are inherent pressure drops all over the system.

I have never seen a boost gauge and handset read identical, they have always been 1 or 2 PSI out from each other.

Although I must admit, I would trust an electronic MAP sensor before trusting an uncalibrated supercheap style boost gauge. Having said this it depends on what the computer does with that electronic value, it could have a correction factor or anything in there.

My Wolf hand controller value is 1PSI different to my autometer boost gauge, and they are picked up 20mm away from each other in the back of manifold.

Darren.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

for the setup on the dyno, the lt-8 and the dyno were reading off the same plug on the back, the boost guage was the one directly opposite it. (bottom left of the manifold, if looking down on the motor)
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Well you would think to trust the dyno before the Microtech? And the Microtech before the gauge?

What does the Microtech say when Ignition is ON and engine is not running? Is it zeroed correctly?

Mine is 1PSI out all the time across the entire range, but still zero's correctly.

Darren.
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Congrats Shane, good work. 160kw does sound rather generous for 14psi though... but hey, you've got it in black and white haha. For comparisions sake, at the strip what mph have you run on 14psi?

About the Mircotech psi talk. The dyno and my LT8 were both reading the same value and my autometer boost gauge reading 2psi higher.

For those who were on about the dyno thread, here it is:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=440
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car