N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Shane's 1985 Pulsar ET - 13.3 and 116mph..

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Damo

Post by Damo »

ETONE wrote:the xr6 turbo ones will be a tad laggy damo as they have the 1.06 rear housing, get one with the .86 rear :)

Campbell
What do the BA XR6T have stock? They run the same turbo as the BF and younger Force 6 yeah? With the stockers running a smaller version of the same BA turbo.

I would have thought a factory turbo for a 4lt wold be dead on the money for a upgrade to a 3ltr.

I'll have to see if I can find some numbers on it.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

well guess what....

The ET is getting some love again. Our club now has the ability to use Club Rego so for the price of some plates and a very small yearly fee ive decided to put it back on the road.

The car will be tamed down a bit (not power!) it will loose the steering wheel, cannon, boost guage (all the bits i did on my P Plates hahah)

Going to have it looking fairly stock

Today i removed the gearbox to rebuild, exhaust to fix leaks, CV's to change boots, brakes need an overhaul.

Car just generally needs a cleanup and it'll be terrorising the streets (and strip) again soon.

Now that my knowledge of cars has doubled since running this car around i can expect to put a little more into the jobs i do on it.

Will be looking at some injectors, install my fuel pump and winding the boost up, the engine has always been capable of it but i havent had the fuel system to back it up. 16-18psi should be plenty and see my 160kw back and then some.

ill probably get some pictures of how its all looking tommorrow
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Well today the car passed inspection and is now on Club Permit plates.

Gearbox was rebuilt using the N13 gear but no LSD this time.
CV fixed, rebuilt master cyl, replaced some globes n stuff to get it 'roadworthy'.

Also modified the exhaust a bit, has a brand new 3" flex join and flange now so i can actually drop the exhaust in 2 parts instead of having to unbolt the dump pipe everytime.

Got some gaskets to put in cause all i had was an old one when i made it, will be on the hoist later to fix so ill get some pictures.
Johnsn12

Post by Johnsn12 »

Hi I've just got a question wat fuel pump and
Injectors were you running nice work as well.
Thanks
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

just a standard fuel pump and injectors... should probably change them one day haha.

i gotta re-upload the pics too, looks like they've all gone missing
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

ok ive gone through and re uploaded every picture now. :)

also just replaced water hoses on the turbo with some good Gates stuff because they were hard from being so old. Also used it on the catch can as it had some crap clear hose.
madn12

Post by madn12 »

awesome now i can go throught the photos again :D
have always loved this car, one of the most tastefully modded imo
keep up the good work 8)
85 n12 n/a manual pulsar - extractors | muffler | coilovers <gone
86 n12 et pulsar - vl tb | pod | coilovers | full kit
88 tn magna with worked n/a motor
96 te magna dumped on 18"s
02 tj VRX
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hey Shane,

Given that you are currently using the standard fuel pump and injectors;

What fuel setup did you use to get the 164kw? Surely not stock>?

Darren.
Race it.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Lt-8, Malpassi Rising Rate, Standard injectors, Standard pump (well ive never checked the pump so im going to assume its standard)

100% Duty Cycle with bumped up fuel pressure. Was still a bit lean.

I'd have to get both sheets out but on about 16psi it made 148odd, 154 i think, then 157kw and finally 162kw (the sheet which is uploaded on this thread). Each run i wound more and more fuel in untill it was flat out on the lt-8.

That was in 2006, and in 2008 i put it back on the dyno (can see in the pics on first post) and it made 130kw in shootout mode, this was only on 13psi as i turned it down on the drive there cause it wasnt running too good (needed to change the plugs in the end)

*just found the printout for the 130.7kw run and it was hovering around 13.1:1 on peak power
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Shizen! That's fairly impressive! I'm interested to know as I'm about to dyno a standard engine setup with adjustable fuel pressure standard pump and injectors and my wolf 3d
Race it.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Went to autobarn to get a couple of bits yesterday and got given a thing about a VIP night comming up at the frankston store. They are having bbq, demo cars, show and shine etc but the thing which sparked my interest was the DB test. Now i had bought a heap of gear for my skyline a couple of years ago but the cars not going anywhere anytime soon so i thought bugger it im going to stick all this gear in the boot of the ET now that its running, and go rattle this thing to pieces.

ive always wanted to actually try somthing like that so i decided to finish the box i started making for the Passage and just put it in the the back of the ET.

The box is made out of 18mm MDF with a step in it so it can (for the skyline) fit perfectly between the strut towers, under the parcel shelf, right up to the back seat. and its easier to seal a 90* join than a random angle to clear the angled floor of the skyline. The front of the Box has 2 layers of 18mm and i have used T nuts so there are bolts holding the subs in so the wood will never get wrecked if i take the sub in and out for some reason.
Each sub is 4ohm dual voice coil and i have wired them to 2ohm each, and then wired them for a 1ohm load on the Amp.. at 1 ohm it is 1450watt RMS. Cause the battery was in the boot i could just use the front fuse section from the passage and another offcut of 0 guage wire.

Damo

Post by Damo »

"Little pig, little pig, let me the fuck in, or I blow down your house with_the_two_massive_fuck_your_sister_12's_I've_got_in_the_back_of_the_Poosar_running_a_squillion_amps_that_will_turn_you_brick_shit_house_into_a_pile_of kitty_litter_BIAAAAAATCH!"
:lol:

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

PMSL @ Damo
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

+ 1..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

hahaha wtf

Heres a couple of more pictures of it finished off and in daylight. Gave it a proper test run today and it peaks around 36hz
The interior light and rear view mirror fell off. Also the back doors open themselves.

I am also in a dilema with the tyres. The car is a lot lower with all of the weight and it scrubs so bad, its not really a problem as i wont be 'driving around' with the subs in although it just shows that i think ive got the wrong profile tyres on it. The cars currently on 205/45/16, i can get 205/40/16 through work which is all good. I need 2 new tyres for the front because one is starting to get camber wear, the rear tyres are basically brand new though, i dont want to go around on odd sized profile front and back do i?
ughh if i had money to throw at it i'd just get the 40's and not care.