N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

My exa buildup

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
ctchme

My exa buildup

Post by ctchme »

Hey guys, am just building up my shopping list for my exa build and thought i might show u all what im planning to do, and what im aiming for.

Am aiming for a 280+ hp build that can handle being on a track as well as on the road.
Performance mod's:
Garrett GT3071 ball bearing turbo, contemplating a t28 depending on the lag i would get, as well as the difference in performance
HKS Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Sard 600cc injectors
Heavy duty sports clutch
rebuilt gearbox with n13 internals
High powered ignition system (I make these, so contact me if you want one)
Digital Fuel Adjuster (I also do these)
Heavy duty shocks
Whiteline swaybars front and rear
Custom cold air intake
Custom headers (4-2)
Twin exhaust

How i'll be stopping:
Brembo slotted and cross-drilled brakes front and rear
Braided brake lines
Upgrade brake master cylinder to 1 Inch cylinder from a Prado

Interior, Exterior and I.C.E
4 Kenwood 12" Subwoofers (2 in replace of back seat and 2 in boot)
12 kicker 6" speakers (2 in front door, 6 in back seat with Subs, 4 in boot)
Jensen DVD headunit (1 din)
3 TFT screens (2 in doors, 1 in boot)
Digital gauges (Air/Fuel, Boost, Tach, injector duty cycle, I make these as well)
ET side skirts
Standard front and rear bars
Will be respraying with same black colour but will be experimenting with a metalic blue flake, hopefully it comes out good
Blue recaro style bucket seats
Isotta steering wheel and gear knob
Shortened shifter
White indiglow dash

Have got a lot of work ahead of me, as i am still repairing all the rust in the boot and under the car. Some people call me a crazy genius, others just call me stupid, but am doing this as its something I have always wanted to do.
I welcome suggestions, and anything you would do to improve performance. Keep in mind, its not going to be a daily driver, its purely for going out occasionally with mates, and to track days with my race team
Damo

Post by Damo »

Sounds comprehensive, lets hope your stamina is as good as your initial interest.

May want to stick this in your members ride though, rather than the gen tech mod section.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

yeah should still be there half way thru, am a member of a racing team and we all keep each other motivated :D
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, I predict youll spend obscene amounts of money look good and impress the tyre kickers BUT, be bloody slow around the track but at least it should have good doof going on while ur at it!!!!!

Sadly M8, you cant have a friendly daily, a mobile doof machine AND a quick track car all nice and neat in a 25 year old design.

You might like to consider building one gutted out, caged, lightweight and powerful track machine and another that looks sharp and blows ur ears out.

best of luck
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

tassuperkart wrote:Well, I predict youll spend obscene amounts of money look good and impress the tyre kickers BUT, be bloody slow around the track but at least it should have good doof going on while ur at it!!!!!

Sadly M8, you cant have a friendly daily, a mobile doof machine AND a quick track car all nice and neat in a 25 year old design.

You might like to consider building one gutted out, caged, lightweight and powerful track machine and another that looks sharp and blows ur ears out.

best of luck
E

^^^^^^^ Cheaper too.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

I'm trying to work out what you are doing with the Audio.
There is no way that is going to sound right, its not for audio shows!
You wont have any staging or depth of field.
I guess if you want loads of loud distortion that is going to impress sik dudes and 15 year old girls. Sure your on the right track. LOL
OK that said, are you planing on doing the audio yourself? Are you planing to fibre glass the back?

PPPPS: there is no way the electrical system of an exa can handle that type of power that I would imagine you are going to have to drive the audio, so are you planing to upgrade the electrical system?

Seriously, If you need any help or advise in the audio section, drop me a line, I worked installing audio for 10 years and have done quiet a few show cars.
Once an Audiophile always and Audiophile.

Goood luck.
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

tell me more about these injector duty cycle gauges you make, tell me more

Pauly
chittie chittie bang bang
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

pauly72 wrote:tell me more about these injector duty cycle gauges you make, tell me more
Pauly
Basically they show you how hard they are running, and if they are reaching maximum flow capacity, is really helpful if you are upgrading your turbo or fuel pump or regulator. It measures the exact injection pulse from your ECU, and displays it on a 2 digit display that can be mounted almost anywhere in a car
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

Basically they show you how hard they are running, and if they are reaching maximum flow capacity, is really helpful if you are upgrading your turbo or fuel pump or regulator. It measures the exact injection pulse from your ECU, and displays it on a 2 digit display that can be mounted almost anywhere in a car[/quote]

i like the sounds of that :D :D
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

me three,
ok its just bling for me car,that i know F%ck ALL about,but sounds good
do it look good that's the thing .
got any pics of it mounted and what sort of money you looking for to make me one and your High powered ignition system as well.
by the way the car you building,sounds shit hot mate

Pauly
chittie chittie bang bang
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

looks good depending on where its mounted, havent got any current pics of it in cars as ive only sold them and others mounted them, can make both the ignition system and duty cycle gauge for $300, and we tested the system i made for a 93 mx5 today and compared results to previous laps run. Check out the results:
Before ignition system, 2mins 7.35 seconds
After ignition system, 1 minute 58.22 seconds

So are well worth it, and also can improve economy thru more stable spark and timing
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

OOoohhhhoooohoooo carrrrrrmonnnn dude........................ Im sorry, but if your going to ask anybody to believe that some funky ignition system, ALONE, garnered some 9 seconds a lap on its own in an MX-5 then your one serious wanker and are suffering major delusions of grandeur............... I dont care what the the timeslip says.
Sorry m8 but there is not that much performance in ignition ON ITS OWN and no amount of spin on your behalf will tell me otherwise.
Ive been around too long to swallow such bollocks.

What? Was the MX5 running on 2/3 cylinders and a flat front tyre for the first part of the test?????

Ive built TAI's with dwell extension, CDI's with in excess of 500v dump voltage to the front end of the coil and pulse shaped CDI's and used multi-sparks, twin points, you name it and there is NO amazing magic major increase in HP over a decently working/maintained stock system.
Even over a single old school set of points adjusted and timed correctly the difference is not that great.
The improvements are incremental at best and we are talking 10'ths or single percentage point improvements at best over a stock system.

Missprint (hopefully)?

L8r
E
Last edited by tassuperkart on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LMAO!!!
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

tassuperkart wrote:OOoohhhhoooohoooo carrrrrrmonnnn dude........................ Im sorry, but if your going to ask anybody to believe that some funky ignition system, ALONE, garnered some 9 seconds a lap on its own in an MX-5 then your one serious wanker and are suffering major delusions of grandeur............... I dont care what the the timeslip says.

The improvements are incremental at best and we are talking 10'ths or single percentage point improvements at best over a stock system.

Missprint (hopefully)?

L8r
E
Looking back at the original print, it wasnt 2 mins 7.35 seconds, it was 2 mins 1.35 seconds, but the final time was 1 min 58.22 seconds, and we have attributed it to the ignition system being able to run 4 individual coil packs, that are putting out 2400v instead of the standard ones, so over a stock system the results are believable, putting into consideration the driver learning the track more, which can account for an average of an extra second at most. Timing was also able to be advanced due to the fact that the ignition system was able to handle throwing a spark faster