N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

86 ET Turbo

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Ash wrote:in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. you'll have a ball when you get yours right. some of us here have fairly quick rear wheelers as well but we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D
Well put!
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
room42

Post by room42 »

Hey guys :) it turns out that it wasnt the head gasket after all. just some more fouled plugs from running too rich. and it popped off the fuel reg vac hose.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

isn't it nice when shit turns out to not as bad as you first thought.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

room42 wrote:Image
Needs AFM Relocation FTW.

Trust me on this... makes it way more driveable.
room42

Post by room42 »

yeah i am glad it was only plugs. i did think about the afm relocation bizzo. i dont really want to spend much on it cos i only got it to sell it and make a few bucks. ive got the next couple of weeks off so i'll probably get stuck into it a bit. its for sale on gumtree atm so if it goes it goes otherwise it'll sit in the father in laws shed for a while. i just got a vt comm to play with as well and it needs some lovin. im keeping that one for a while. haha its funny that a $600 pulsar ($800 now with new parts and a bit more with my labour) can flog the crap out of the majority of new cars.
skez

Post by skez »

room42 wrote:Hey guys :) it turns out that it wasnt the head gasket after all. just some more fouled plugs from running too rich. and it popped off the fuel reg vac hose.
thanks lad mine was doing the same thing just checked it my fuel reg hose was also off right at the back where u cant see hopefully will be all good now fucking spent ages looking for the problem lol
room42

Ciao

Post by room42 »

Lol it only popped off when there was too much boost. So i swapped it for a tighter hose and its all good. I'm going to be saying goodbye to it this afternoon. A bloke is going to come buy it for a grand. Some tripper offered me 600 for it! Yeah right! Where the hell do you find a car that goes like a et turbo for 600 bucks? No where thats where. Anyway the new guy knows a bit about fixing stuff and I'll let him know everything I do about the car so he can get a good head start on it. It was fun while it lasted. I got the car out of the shit and at least now its drivable and goes good. I gotta say I was very impressed with this forum. Friendly people and helpful posts. I was mostly glad for the et manual thats on here. And some wicked et's :twisted: All the best guys.

Peace Out

Nathan
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Make sure to hook the new owner up with this joint ; )
tassie_et

Post by tassie_et »

well i now own this car AGAIN.... boy does it need some tlc, firstly i want to add a intercooler and get the microtech i have wired up (can anyone on here in Tassie do this for me CHEAP lol) then i want to save for a full strip down and rebuild would like to go slightly over bore, maybe a port and polish and definately a cam

If any one could suggest a package ie type of pistons cam etc i wanna go pretty quick but without a stupid amount of $ it runs a t25g and ca injectors (so ive ben told i dunno how to tell)

Cheers guys and catch ya on the streets soon
tassie_et

Post by tassie_et »

i didnt buy this from the guy on here either its changed hands numerous times so ive heard
ziddy0786

Post by ziddy0786 »

Wellcome pal, noticed in ur engine bay where the heatermatrix pipes have gone?
northsideimports

Post by northsideimports »

nice start buddy but please ditch the front and rear bars, it makes the car look like it came from brisbane..
"never drive faster than your angel can fly"
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Get onto that AFM relo.

It should be the first thing on the list.
tassie_et

Post by tassie_et »

AFM has been done i have not done anything since i bought it back, i have just picked up a stock as a rock standard n12 pulsar i will be putting all the running gear atc into that, might keep it a sleeper or ill just change all headlights taillights and kit then i have a cooler and microtech to be added
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

I now have this motor in my car and farked if I can get it running right over fueling and not starting !!
ET! ,T25G ,BRAIDED LINES, FRONT MOUNT ,EXTERNAL GATE, EGI INTAKE, FPR, VL TB, VLT FUEL PUMP, CA18DET INJECTORS, 16 PSI!