N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

SPUDLEY'S N12 E16 CARBY PROJECT

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sgs

Post by sgs »

spudley wrote:ahhh cool beans ash..

yeah i'll install an alarm one day soon.. i was just sick of trying to find the keyhole in the dark! lol

Also, how did you make your door trims ash? i think i just got half mast! looks great!

cheers,
S.
You can have my old ones, thats if you cant get any from somebody closer
spudley

Post by spudley »

got pics SGS? and what colour? and where u located?

cheers,
S.
Cheers,
Spudley

I DON'T RACE COMMODORES...
THERES NO GLORY IN BEATING THE RETARDED.
spudley

Post by spudley »

ok so my shocks and springs need replacing soon.. anyone got recommendations on king springs heights?

should I go low, super, or ultra low?

Not really worried about the legalities, just as long as i can still get over speed humps...

i know the king springs catalog says 30mm lower for 'low' springs, but is this actually true?

any info is appreciated.

cheers,
S.
Cheers,
Spudley

xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

To the best of my knowledge they only made low's for these no super lows and 30 to 40mm is about right, gives a good ride height. I still get some guard rub with lows and 15's but I think it's because I went cheap arse shocks for $50 a set on the internet. I also have incorrect tyres on the rims because I already had them new so next time I'll match the tyres with the rims and should all be good.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

spudley wrote:Also, how did you make your door trims ash? i think i just got half mast! looks great!
i didn't actually make them and find them very plain. they were on the car when i bought it. they are just new boards with speaker pods attached then foam backed cloth over the top. very basic and easy. i have been meaning to change them for a long time. i want something a bit interesting than just plain grey but nothing over the top and gay like bloody flames or some shit lol.

give it a try at making some yourself dude. very easy and cheap modification.
sgs

Post by sgs »

spudley wrote:got pics SGS? and what colour? and where u located?

cheers,
S.
do you mean the plastic strips on the outside or the interior?

i have the plastic strips, btw im in NZ
spudley

Post by spudley »

yeeeah cheers mate!

I already got front trims made (just 3mm mdf, and kept the original clips) but still deciding how i'm gonna trim them...

I don't wanna go too far from factory, cos that'll mean i have to do the rears so they match! lol
at the end of the day, i only decided to make new ones to handle the extra weight of 6" splits...

i quite like the look of yours tho mate... the way the speaker pod is all moulded.. sexy ;) lol
Cheers,
Spudley

spudley

Post by spudley »

sgs wrote:
spudley wrote:got pics SGS? and what colour? and where u located?

cheers,
S.
do you mean the plastic strips on the outside or the interior?

i have the plastic strips, btw im in NZ
ahh... i was talking about the interior door trims, or cards, you guys might call them ;)

cheers,
S.
Cheers,
Spudley

sgs

Post by sgs »

i always thought making some from some alluminium sheet metal would look good.
nice and simple and gives it that race car look 8)
spudley

Post by spudley »

eh, horses for courses sgs.. Not my cup of tea but, whatever blows ya hair back ;P

I've always been one to choose comfort over looks or performance.. Hence, I've mainly owned statesman's and LTD/ fairlane's and this is my 1st 4cyl manual car (my only other manual was a gemini coupe with a buik v6...) , and I'm 26 in case u were wondering lol...

Cheers,
S.
Cheers,
Spudley

sgs

Post by sgs »

Turned 18 yesterday 8)

Im into noise and smoke.

But you know what they say "If you cant go fast you should aleast look good!" you picked a good car for your first four! lmao :lol:

wish i had a e16 or Et, Hey what kind of 0-100kmph are you getting? last time I checked i did it around ten second ish. i didnt think that was bad for a n/a n12. read in an artical the stock E15et did it in 9.6 sec
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

sgs wrote:Hey what kind of 0-100kmph are you getting? last time I checked i did it around ten second ish. i didnt think that was bad for a n/a n12. read in an artical the stock E15et did it in 9.6 sec
I think you're dreaming. Or taking inaccurate measurements. Your N/A shouldn't be quicker than around 12 seconds to 100. Mine does it in 12.7, but my measuring method was rather inaccurate.
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
spudley

Post by spudley »

I'm not even gonna bother timing my 0-100km/h lmao...

until she get either an engine transplant or tubo'd, she gets driven like a nanna, and VERY RARELY gets revved over 3000rpm.

BUT.... thats just me ;)

My priorities on the car are Interior, Engine, then body. My reasoning is that I spend more time IN the car than OUT of it looking at it.. then I'd do the engine cos I kinda have a thing for fast cars with shit bodys (sleepa's).. then, if I wanted to, i could fix up the body if i get sick of having a sleepa ;)

At the moment, I'm thinking I'll do a basic blow-by turbo carby setup running around 6psi, as this will be the fastest and easiest way to get some more boogie out of the E16..
Whilst enjoying my first bout of forced induction, I'll buy a E15ET and an engine stand, work over the motor, replace all the bits that need doing (over 6-12 months) then pull the car off the road to fit the loom and engine.

Whether it goes to plan or not is another thing.. we all know how out of hand project cars can be! ;)

For those interested, if I can find some photos of my V6 gemini coupe i'll post up a link to p'bucket or something...

cheers,
S.
Cheers,
Spudley

spudley

Post by spudley »

for those interested, here's a few snaps of my VP V6 powered Gemini.
I went thru a few stages with the gem.. The previous owner had it sprayed blue that you see in the photo's with a G200 engine (phase 1..)

I stripped it fitted the V6 and Ford T5 'box, sprayed it the purple you also see here (phase 2..)

And after too many defects, I then sold the chrome wheels, raised her back to standard height, and fitted the factory 13's with original chrome hubcaps and whitwalls. I then set out to make this weapon the ultimate sleepa.. like it just rolled off the showroom floor..
Think... Baby blue paint, standard height, standard wheels, white venetian blinds, and a stonking V6 with a T5 manual behind it!!
(I even had a 1" chrome exhaust tip mounted on a hanger at the back but the twin 2.5" pipes actually finished at the diff ;) )

Let me know what you think..

Interior wasnt finished yet, but you get the idea.. also missing door handles...

PS: Sorry for getting off track.. still having trouble letting the gem go :(
Cheers,
Spudley

japcrap

Post by japcrap »

nice one. my old man used to own one back in the 80s and he changed the headlights from round to square. and it was still Isuzu back then.
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.