N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

SPUDLEY'S N12 E16 CARBY PROJECT

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
spudley

Post by spudley »

shit! Well if I'm up for 500 I'll have a crack myself! Lol

What type of finish is that japcrap? Oven baked enamel? Acrylic?
Cheers,
Spudley

I DON'T RACE COMMODORES...
THERES NO GLORY IN BEATING THE RETARDED.
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

Mate if u spend some time on them and do it right they will look fine out of a can, and the bonus besides being cheap is that touch ups arnt a problem lol
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

spudley wrote:shit! Well if I'm up for 500 I'll have a crack myself! Lol

What type of finish is that japcrap? Oven baked enamel? Acrylic?
its oven baked. same way how new painted wheels come out
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

I reckon there would be something wrong if you couldn't do it yourself for under $200.

But it depends what's already on them.

If its enamel then they have to be stripped or blasted. A powdercoating place would do this as part of the process anyway.

Price up how much it is to get them bead or sandblastered.

This will give you an idea if its worth doing yourself.

Then price up powdercoating.

THat's how I'd tackle it anyway. And you seen my half-arse effort to sandblast my wheels. It takes sometime to do.

The painting process itself doesn't take long at all - the time is spent in the prep.

Darren.
Race it.
spudley

Post by spudley »

Cheers Darren!

On another note, a silver AU falcon clipped my front drivers corner and sped off before I could catch the number plates... soooo..... If anyone knows of someone with a burgundy N12 front drivers' guard and one of the corner indicators to suit my car, please let me know asap.. I'm looking to fix it up this weekend.

The front corner indicators are a little different to the usual ET ones so might take a little searching around, but hopefully the guards are the same...

And, what it should look like....
Cheers,
Spudley

Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

:evil: assholes! luckily the damage isn't all that bad.
Leyphaen

Post by Leyphaen »

Holy crap mate! Bad luck! :(

Annoying when ppl don't take responsibility for their own mistakes. This happens all the time in Finland too and I hate it!

Damn, If anyone did that to my car and ran off I would hunt them down and kick their ass! :evil:

Well anyways, keep your head high, it always looks worse than it really is :wink:
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Shit, those cowards would deserve to be beat up after doing that to your car and running off. Well, it looks like your front wheel hasn't moved from its' position... you were lucky.
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
spudley

Post by spudley »

Thanks for the kind words guys.

After a long morning at work on Saturday, BLUE ET came over to lend a hand going to Pick a Part in Kilsyth.
That morning at work, I spent most of the time calling wreckers to try find a series 2 front indicator lense, with no luck and alot of "good luck!" comments...
When we arrived at Pick a Part, they must have had 6 in a row!
Spent Saturday arvo in my garage at home doing the dodgey pressure pack job spraying the guard, got a pizza and slab, and BLUE ET ended up crashing on the couch. lol

All in all, the job's done, even tho the guard is still a little off colour, but better than the fire engine red it was previously.
Cheers,
Spudley

sgs

Post by sgs »

people with late model cars treats us with no respect. I get in fits of rage about it, they think just because our cars are old we wont mind being passed though road works and having the shit beat out of our body work by rocks :evil:
Leyphaen

Post by Leyphaen »

sgs wrote:people with late model cars treats us with no respect. I get in fits of rage about it, they think just because our cars are old we wont mind being passed though road works and having the shit beat out of our body work by rocks :evil:
I totally agree! Just a couple of weeks ago some jerk was cutting some grass at the side of the road and didn't give a rat's ass about the fact that his cutter shot a lot of rocks and grass in the side of my car as I passed. I almost stopped my car and gave him a beating for that, but my self-control got the better of me...
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

I also agree 100% with this

People think the can sit on our cars bonnet, put there feet up on the dash, rest theyr feet on the bumpers, thinking "aaarrg he won't mind, its an old 80's car, whats so special bout it"

That won't bloody happen with my car i can tell you that, i let them undastand from the start my car's bonnet/boot is no soft couch for theyr asses and the roof is no drink holder.

Would they be putting theyr feet up all over a merc's dash? i don't think so :roll: Some people just have no respect for the older cars

Grrrrrrr :twisted:
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
sgs

Post by sgs »

I understand that! was washing my car after a party and some drunken cock master leaned againt my car and scratched the living shit out of it with his studded belt, one dumb bitch got candle wax everywhere, another put a cigarette out on the back of my head rest and another ran a knife down one of my tints :evil:
spudley

Post by spudley »

sgs wrote:I understand that! was washing my car after a party and some drunken cock master leaned againt my car and scratched the living shit out of it with his studded belt, one dumb bitch got candle wax everywhere, another put a cigarette out on the back of my head rest and another ran a knife down one of my tints :evil:
Sounds like you go to some pretty kinky parties man! Knives, leather with studs, hot wax, and cigarettes!

Remember to invite ME next time! ;P
Cheers,
Spudley

sgs

Post by sgs »

ha ha will do!
Yeh dunno if you guys have heard of Te Puke before.
Its not a nice place
Gonna go do skids in my mates back yard tomorrow, hopefully they
will tell me when my clutch lets go this time :lol: :cry: