N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

SevPP and my Exa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
SevPP

Post by SevPP »

So I managed to embarass the Exa pretty well today.

First session- got to first corner and tyres were scrubbing. Back to pits and a bit of smashing with the hammer and that was fixed.

Second session- 2nd lap out blew a cooler pipe and had to wait till almost end of session to get towed in. Hate afm setups haha! Fixed pipes/clamps. All good!

3rd session- held back on first lap. All seemed good so got stuck into it. A lap or so later the turbo let go Dick Johnson Sierra style! Smoke screen! Car running fine except for the smoke cloud behind it.

=end of day. One timed lap at a pathetic 2minutes. (Done 1.48 previous with standard brakes an 13in Avons) cost of around $40 to $50 a lap haha!

Positives. The brakes were fantastic. So much bite. Best "road car" brakes I've driven. Better than my fc rx7. Cornering grip was very good. The ao48s were magic. Disappointed I couldn't piece together one decent lap.

So I'll sort out a turbo shortly and have another go.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

damn. no luck at all. sorry i couldn't come out. i was in benalla helping a mutual mate with his new toy's engine at the Benalla Brake and Exhaust. i think you'll know who.