N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Hi jst introducing myself

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sgs

Post by sgs »

thanks mate, im jst having a bit of a tyre kick
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

sgs wrote:yeh thanks! mum wanted to get me a personalised plate for ma birthday but i said no way coz i really dig the black plates(hard for the cops to read!lol) yeh i just use wattle stop rust for the paint, its a pretty tuff flexible paint and dosnt look bad, i was kinda dull looking but i'v been washing it heaps with wash n wax and its starting to really pop. wax dosnt work coz the paint is sorta porus and the blue coloured wax gets trapped in it, cut and polish is no good coz this paint looks terrible if u try cut it back, it goes pastal greyish lol. thanks guys. hey i was throwning around the idea of putting and lumpy cam in it some day, and not to mention extractors to go with it. duz anyone no much about putting lumy cams in non turbed e15's?
Plus you can't get plates like that any more and look good with dark cars.

guessing you don't have a clear coat on your paint. Which is cool though I like the satin finish look as it gives different highlights in the evening to glossy cars. If no clear coat, then don't worry about waxing it. Just give it a wash and a dry :]
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

sgs wrote: hey i was throwning around the idea of putting and lumpy cam in it some day, and not to mention extractors to go with it. duz anyone no much about putting lumy cams in non turbed e15's?
Yes, they run lumpy and thats about it!!! LMAO
If its the sound your after then hit it up!

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
sgs

Post by sgs »

decided that no more money is to be spent on the pulsar, engine is way past its use by. was at the wreckers today and found a sentra motor that at a glance has the same mounts, will most like throw that in it some day. 12 vaulve 1.4 litre. im sick of topping the oil up every week and compression on the third cylinder is down from 180psi to 90psi :( the engines days are numbered. apart from that it runs fine apart from being gut less old bomb!
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

sgs wrote:was at the wreckers today and found a sentra motor that at a glance has the same mounts, will most like throw that in it some day. 12 vaulve 1.4 litre.
That is a GA engine and hence a WOFTAM, as Evan would call it. That's because you will have to go though a lot of electrical hassle before you have everything working, and the engine mounts will most probably not fit.

I would suggest that you instead try to find a Sentra or a Pulsar with an E series engine (E15 or E16 preferably). You will save time and money, since you can use your Pulsar's engine mounts on the E series engine. And if you're lucky with the electrical plugs on your car, you should be able to plug and play on the electrical side.

Jan
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
sgs

Post by sgs »

yeah that what i was thinking, its happened rather suddenly so posibly may have broken rings. will just fix it
sgs

Post by sgs »

Hows things dudes!

I see the N12 community is still thriving!! awesome!

its been well over a year since I sold my n12, my first car and i miss it so much. it seen a car the other day like it and got very excited and raced up behined it in my VS ecotec. was just a dirty Mazda 323 :(

apparently my N12 escaped the wreckers too, havent seen it myself but my mate seen it driving around, he even confirmed the no. plate, hell if i ever meet them im so buying it back!
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Sad story dude. It's funny though, I see an ET and almost put myself and others in my car through the windscreen by slamming the brakes to get a better look!
sgs

Post by sgs »

yeh hard out ash. its Jonah danger here haha

here is a pic from the photo shoot i did before I sold it.

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

What a cool little car!
Twin headlight frontend would be a nice touch!

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
sgs

Post by sgs »

Thanks tass, I have grown up from the sideways number plate and no inter-cooler phase haha

I am keen to find another one some day just as a cheap run around.