N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

EXAMADNESS's project exa 2 - Got the engine!!!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sgs

Post by sgs »

But you have to remeber they are not working very hard, Just crusing at very low rpm on the open road all day.

80,000k for a car is stupid, that why the engine in the picture above is that cars "old" motor lol. the big end bearings were a grey paste in the bottom of the sump
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

sgs wrote:But you have to remeber they are not working very hard, Just crusing at very low rpm on the open road all day.
Baaahaha that what you think eh?
Well, read my post again.

Do some research sport.
l8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

sgs wrote:80,000k for a car is stupid, that why the engine in the picture above is that cars "old" motor lol. the big end bearings were a grey paste in the bottom of the sump
Agreed. Trucks are then an entirely different story... interesting point Evan!
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
StelioLow

Post by StelioLow »

helloo sir how's this coming along?
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

tassuperkart wrote:
EXAMADNESS wrote::wink: It does. 80,000ks without an oil change, thats just stupid :roll: I change my exa's every 5000ks :)
ACTUALLY its not that stupid!

Oil never looses its "oiliness" no matter how old. It just gets contaminated with other shit!

As a matter of interest, with most big horsepower turbocharged European trucks, using some slightly larger oil filters and synthetic oil, they only chain oil every 100,000 K's. AND remain under manufacturers warranty.

Remember, these engines are subject to prolonged high combustion temps and extreme bearing loadings for prolonged time placing huge demands on components and oil.
Most e15et's would NEVER see the same high heat/load conditions in their entire lifetimes as large truck engines do in a single day!

It aint so stupid afterall!!!

L8r
E
yes and no. oil loses its viscosity after a certain amount of kms. i had a mate with a mazda familia with 250hp at the wheels, and its oil was fucked at 4000kms with full synthetic mobil 1
managed to get 6000ks with penright.
point is, oil can become fucked really quickly in turbocharged/perfomance cars. ive worked alongside diesel mechanics and they would laugh at the fact of 50,000km between services, let alone 100! it Is silly.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

sashN12 wrote:..... ive worked alongside diesel mechanics and they would laugh at the fact of 50,000km between services, let alone 100! it Is silly.
No it isnt silly at all.

In fact the manufacturers warranty stipulates that unless using the specified oil, the warranty is voided and that warranty is 1 million K's unconditional.
You dont make an unconditional 1 million k engine transmission warranty based on 100,000k oil changes unless you know what you are on about no?

What was the oil analysis results done on your mates "fucked' oil. 4000k on Mobil 1 synthetic eh?
And you "managed" to get 6000k on Penright. Define "managed"?? What the engine totally sludged up and seized after 6000k?

Actually tell us, what constitutes "fucked" oil then?
How exactly did you/your m8 with the Familia actually determine the oil was "fucked"? By how it looked/smelled/what???

stick your neck out on a subject Im... err .... rather familiar with demands some pretty convincing argument.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

by fucked i mean it started rapidly dropping in oil pressure after x amount of K's. ie it loses its viscosity rating.