N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Brogan's 84 ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
XR Pilot

Brogan's 84 ET

Post by XR Pilot »

Name: Brogan
Year/ Model: 1984 ET Pulsar
Colour: Faded Red.
Period of ownership: Few weeks

Performance: Goes alright for a near stocker

Engine Mods: Water/oil cooled T2 swap by a previous owner, 2.5" exhaust bolted up to the factory dump :lol:

Interior Mods: Ripped seats

Exterior Mods: Does faded paint count?

Wheels: Factory ET alloys represent

Future Plans: T25G swap, intercooler, more boost, aftermarket ecu, larger injectors.

Picked this up in Sydney recently for $600. After some stuffing around to get a pinkslip for an unregistered vehicle permit it happily made the 6 hour trip home. The current plan is to get it running reliably, get it registered and use it as a cheap daily for now with some mods down the track. Its in reasonable condition for its age and appears to be mostly stock except for having an unleaded T2 bolted up to the low mount leaded manifold, and a 2.5" exhaust bolted up to the stock dump pipe. It even has the original plastic stone/splash guards which suprised me! As a bonus it also has the common ring gear problem, I have another flywheel to swap over. The grill has also been kicked in when the previous owner had the car parked on the street, I have a base spec grill to replace this for now.

As the photos show the hatch is rusted out (photo shows after I pulled the factory boot spoiler off and started poking holes with a screwdriver :wink:) but I have another hatch off an NA car to bolt on in good condition, just needs a rattle-can respray in red. The windscreen rust also needs to be tended too, for now I will remove as much rust as I can and use some rust-converter on it and prime it and reseal it as best I can, in a year or so I'll consider pulling the windscreen out and doing things properly. According to the books I got with the car it had its original owner until 2007! :shock: While the engine is out I'll be giving it the once over, replacing hoses, new timing belt and fixing a few oil leaks before sticking it all back in. Aside from desperately needing a service for sitting for a number of years it runs very well, slightly tappy in the top end due to needing a valve clearance adjustment. Its a touch smokey when its first started cold (either the turbo is showing its age or the valve stem seals are on there way out) but then settles into an 1800rpm cold start. Overall I'm pretty happy for the money! :D

On with the photos..

Image[/b]
leayr

Post by leayr »

looks like a fair bit of cancer theres a et in newcastle on ebay if u are looking for more parts going cheap but also has rust