N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

introducing myself

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

they got the vct when the t28 went on, which was in the s14... which he stated the engine was from
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
PAC_ET

Post by PAC_ET »

wish i had 25 grand to buy this exa would be nice to have to race at the super sprints which im into, hey would you sell your body moulds?? :D :D
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

leayr wrote:nar read the name at the bottom of for sale thread
Was that directed at me? if so i dont know what you are getting at lol
EXA41

Post by EXA41 »

Yep its a VVI variable valve timing injected S14, hand made inlet manifold,efi technology throttle bodies and hand made extractors.
Develops 140+Wkw and pulls hard from 1500rpm to 9000.
EXA41

Post by EXA41 »

I have all the molds except for the bonnet and boot but sorry they aren`t for sale
PAC_ET

Post by PAC_ET »

EXA41 wrote:I have all the molds except for the bonnet and boot but sorry they aren`t for sale
im sure if you got some kits made up there are a few guys on here that are wanting a kit like this, myself included for my super sprint exa :D you could make your self some $$$ :D :D
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Sorry for being a pain, But VVI??? Do you mean Neo VVL?

So you put a VVL head onto a 20DE block to make your own SR20VE?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_VVL
EXA41

Post by EXA41 »

Hi no it is a S14 VVI , variable valve timing head not a variable lift VE head.
I have worked with VE heads and they dont produce enough horsepower to be viable,We built a SR16ve motor for a clubman mate of mine and it produces 110wkw at about 8500rpm , most SR20ve only produce around 110 to 120 kw.The sr16 has a real problem controlling when the cams switch in and unlike the DE ,they are savage
Considering how much he paid for the motor against mine which puts out 140Wkw and you can get a better range of parts for the DE.
SR16 N1 cams seem to work ok in 1600`s but not to well in 2ltr motors for some strange reason but if you want power and only use bolt on bits the VE is ok, but not for me