N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Raddavey's 84 N12 ET Pulsar {Updated Drag Video Page 7}

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Booked in for dyno tune on Tuesday.
Hopefully it'll have enough fuel now.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Got some good news for us?
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Well good and bad news i suppose. Tuning went well. Had enough fuel (so fuel pump was the problem). The tuner was very surprised with the outcome. However after a few runs to fine tune it at the max power the coolant pressurised so we suspected a blown HG. I got it towed home, pulled the plugs and cranked the motor. No water in cylinders so thats good news. So I started it up and its running fine. I think its just lifted the head so i'll retorque the head down. I may need to get some ARP head studs and put them in.

Anyway ill post the dyno chart up later.

237hp on 17psi!! Imagine what 20psi would have done! Plenty of area under the curve. It was still making around 220@7500rpm. And making over 180hp from 5000rpm. The torque curve is very nice and it makes more power every where than before.

Its running sequential injection now too so hopefully a bit better economy.

So i have an extra 70hp at the wheels :) Very happy. The tuner is confident with how it was responding to boost it'll continue making similar gains up to 22psi if i can get the head to hold down.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

If you find ARP head studs let me know where and how much. I emailed ARP about getting some made and got the usual response to an enquiry to a company...None.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

That's an awesome result Ryan, good work. Is a shame about the head lifting, would have been nice to see where it went with a few more psi. But working on 10hp per 1psi you'ld be hitting around 267hp at 20psi, sheesh that's up 40hp than what mine made. Big thumbs up.

Should run nice time and mph when you put the power to the ground.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Some of the head bolts weren't as tight as they should have been. Maybe it has helped. I just drove it home from my parents and its running great but the temp is getting a bit hot, however this may be just because i haven't topped up the coolant after it erupted!! I'll top it up tomorrow and see if it helps. But i think i may need to get a new HG and studs just to be safe.

Surely with the head studs if i take all the stock bolts in they can just match up some lengths etc? I would have thought the thread would be the same as other nissans.

I had one little stab in 3rd gear and it just spun big time! Crazy stuff. 236hp is definetly all i need to run my goal of better than 12.9999 its just getting the power to the ground. Slicks will definitely be needed i think.
237hp@18psi
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I didn't think it was that laggy. On the street it appears full boost comes on at 4000rpm but maybe it is a bit higher. Notice the amount of torque and pretty broad power band.

237hp@18psi
Damo

Post by Damo »

Dude, top stuff. Hats off.

Wind in another 5psi for 200FWKW FTW! :D

That graph is super smoooooth, the one thing that bothers me is the late torque peak, 5.4k seems a little high. It's strange that peak torque is happening more than 1000rpm past your initial full boost hit.

What sort of timing figures has you your tuner punched in at full boost. He has probably gone very conservative and added back timing futher along the rev range.
Do you have power v's afr's graph?

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

No stupid me i didn't realise he didn't give me an afr curve. I guess if i was desperate enough i could go back and get them to print one out.

5psi more would be possible once i sort the head out but i'll probably need bigger injectors.

I think the late torque is just because of the cam in it. But yeah it is a little high. Although the torque between 5000-6000rpm is pretty much the same.
I don't know how accurate the rpm scale is. They just run the car to 100kmph roller speed then insert the rpm at that point, so it could be slightly out too.

I haven't looked closely at the ignition table yet (haven't downloaded it yet) but it was at 14degrees timing in the 20psi load point and i think around 16 in the load point below that so its not running much timing at all. The tuner said if we tried C16 we'll be able to add more timing and should see 40hp more on the same boost.
237hp@18psi
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Went to the drags today to see how i'll go with my street tyres. Quicker than expected although i was hoping for more mph. On the 6th run after winning the first eliminations I blew the head gasket :(. I think the head lifted again and this time blew the gasket. I wouldn't be surprised that it wasn't running at its max power (237hp) due to a slightly leaking gasket, which might be why the mph was down. The run when the gasket blew felt good. Went a 2.17 60ft but it was water works by half track.

Best run was a 13.52@108.95mph
2.211 60ft time.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ryanntia/r ... s13_52.wmv
237hp@18psi
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

Nice work dude... good run
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I took the head to a good head shop to see if it could be fixed. There are two large cracks. One between the valves the other going from a valve to the spark plug hole. Anyway that along with the fact its been decked so many times there isn't much material left they said its toast. So they are building me up a new head.

I'm paying a bit extra just to clean up the ports and weld the coolant galleries that go into the intake manifold.

This workshop was very professional and clean he even showed me all the equipment he'll be using on it and how he has the best tools in the state. It's a bit pricey but i trust their work and have been recommended to go there.
237hp@18psi
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

good work hopefully the new head means MORE POWAHH
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

nice work defferntly a great car keep the great work up
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

goes great and looks even better!

want another head cheap? pm if your keen and wanna see pics
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.