N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Raddavey's 84 N12 ET Pulsar {Updated Drag Video Page 7}

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
raddavey

Raddavey's 84 N12 ET Pulsar {Updated Drag Video Page 7}

Post by raddavey »

Name: Ryan Davey
Year/ Model: 1984, N12 ET Pulsar
Colour: Red
Period of ownership: 4years

Performance: 237hp@18psi
14.2@103mph (with 176hp)
13.52@109mph (237hp tune with leaking head gasket)

Engine Mods: ACL rebuild, port matched head, stage 3 camshaft, NPC clutch, FJ20ET Injectors, Custom Steam Pipe Exhaust Manifold,
3in & 2in Twin Dump into Stainless Mandrel 3in Exhaust, FMIC, VL TB, Wolf V4 ECU, T28 Turbo, N13 Internals Gearbox

Interior Mods: N13 steering wheel, WolfV4 Handcontroller, Splitfire Boost Gauge, Re-trimmed Vinyl Door Trims, Colour Coded Red Trim.

Exterior Mods: Factory Sideskirts

Wheels: Stock, with Bridgestone g-grid3's

Other: Whiteline swaybars, kyb shocks and super low king springs.

Future Plans: Run 12.999 sec or better

Pics:

Old Photos

Image{

Last edited by raddavey on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Love your cooler and the black ET rims :D

we both have similar times, gives me an idea on what power i would be putting out.. really need to get myn back on the dyno :wink:
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

To pull a 14.2 you must have been spinning all the way up to 4th:p

i would have thought you would be in the 13's with that sorta power. 106hp got my a 14.6:)

Car looks hot dude! HUGE cooler! lol
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Raddavey, great looking ET.. looks wild with that long intercooler. I've gotta say running 103mph on 12psi is pretty decent, I'm looking forward to hearing some more results from your car.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Yeah i did have difficulty in launching and wheel spin up to 110kmph.
I had Yoko S306 tyres and to be honest they are totally sh*t (don't get me started how hard it was to drive in the wet). Also remember i was getting 103mph with the front tyres on 15-16psi, so they were slowing the top end down. Also i'm having trouble with heat soak with the car in the staging lanes. On a cold night where the air intake temp reads 5-6degrees, a few mins in the staging lane it will go up to 45degrees and i can definietly feel it when i race.

Your 14.6 is a good time for the speed. Hopefully when i got again this year i get a 13 with street tyres. If i can sort out some slicks i really want a 12. I think it will be the first in WA. I'm sure it will attract some attention too.

I think stiffer rear spring will also help alot. It seems to pick the front end up noticably when launching.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I know a guy who uses spring chocks (chunks of rubber that go beween coils) to stiffen up the rear when he goes to the track. Don't know if that is viable?
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Yeah I've got some of those chocks off a mate that works at Ford, I'm going to use them next time.
bevo

Post by bevo »

hey thanx for the comment,
yes i try to keep my car as good of nice as possable...
but the kind of power ur car makes is big. and that intercooler looks good
catcha bevo
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Some current progress on the car. I've working on it last two days and still have two more to go (took time off work :) ).

Here is my 2nd gear with two teeth missing!! I think it was due to a worn synchro because I was finding it difficult to get into gear at high rpm.

This is the 1.8 N13 box with the main, input and crown wheel removed ready to go into the n12 casing.

The exhaust manifold using a merge collector and 32nb steam pipe. This took some time to build to get the positioning etc correct. Still requires a clean up. Some of the welds got a bit messy. I really need to get a new welder (non adjustable arc welder FTL ). I bolted it to a spare head (thanks Jeff) to prevent warping.

The dump pipe flange with splitter tac welded in position. There will be a 2-3inch reducer pipe for the turbine outlet and a 2inch wastegate pipe. I'll try join them together down near the sump.

Anyways back to work. I'll take more photos as I progress along. Still need to install gearbox, dump pipe and the 3inch stainless exhaust! Then make a new hot side cooler pipe to suit the new turbo position and modify the air cleaner pipe.
237hp@18psi
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

manifold looks great mate!!!
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

That's great!
Wish I had the time and patience to make me up a manifold, think I'll just end up saving spar edollars here and there and get a racetech one though, coz I'm lazy.

Looking good Ryan, keep it up!
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

It's definetly taking a lot longer than i anticipated to make the manifold. The cyl 4 runner was by far the quickest. No joke it took me 15mins to do as all the 45degree bends and one i previously made up went together perfectly. It took half a day to figure out the cyl1 runner because it has to clear the engine mount and radiator hose. I ended up having to make a sharper 90degree than the rest but its not too bad.

I'm having a lunch break but i got the gearbox back in. I need to do something with the gear changer linkage because the bushes have way too much play, but its going into gear which is a good sign.

I just took the radiator off and i'm going to move it forward a little more because the wastegate lever is just touching it. Once i do that i'll bolt the turbo on and start on the dump pipe, then the exciting bit, the whole exhaust. I have a stainless 3inch resonator and 3inch muffler from SMB, which is suppose to be a very good quality sounding and flowing exhaust.
237hp@18psi
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I gotta sort out a 3" dump for mine - the old turbo was a low mount but the new one is high.
I'm a bit nervous coz it's a fancy 3" exhaust & I don't want to ruin the whole thing.
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
Matt

Post by Matt »

This is all looking freaking awesome!

Wanna make me a manifold? ;)
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

nice work it'll be interesting to see how ur homemade job performs :)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com