N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

My 1986 N12 Pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Reswob

Post by Reswob »

I think you could sell it for $1000 but I've seen them being offered up for $800. The asking price for mine was $1000 (I suspect my Father was ripped off). Yours is cleaner than mine. There are several spots of rust starting to happen in mine that I can't see in yours
The legends we write help us grasp the truth.
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Woah man, sorry for the late reply, dont think this popped up in my email.
No worries about the sale guys, I have decided to keep her, as I think it would be nice to have another rare car besides the Datsun, especially when they are all rusted through and in a junk yard. To Reswob, I have checked all of the rust and there is about 4 spots of surface rust no more than a 5c coin, so all good man.

Cheers,
James
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

The funding for the restorations:

My Home Business:
Computer Repair Melbourne
Computer Sales Melbourne
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

burkey567 wrote:Woah man, sorry for the late reply. so all good man.
Reswob is a chick. :D
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Chikkie-babe - ULEH!!!!! baaaahahahaha
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

tassuperkart wrote:Chikkie-babe - ULEH!!!!! baaaahahahaha
E
Proof or ban!

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Sorry Reswob, lol.
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Baaaaahahahahahah!
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
burkey567

Bingle

Post by burkey567 »

Hello again,
Just asking, I've had this guy run up my ass with his 2005 ford BA wagon, and he has only damaged my right hand indicator light, it is only a small crack which I have been able to silicon back on, we have decided to pay for our on damage due to the fact that not only was he my friend, but his car had heaps more damage than mine, so just wondering how much it would cost to replace, and if anyone has one, would they be able to contact me. Thanks, btw heres some images.

I will try and get some images of his car later on.

Cheers,
James
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
Reswob

Post by Reswob »

It's all good Burkev567. I seem to be mistaken for a guy on the net all the time....I can tell some people here want to know what I look like. Hm.

Ha! Those new cars only need a small knock and they crumple. That's funny because that same indicator on my car has minor cracks. It was like that when I got it.

At the moment I am trying to think of a cheap way to remove the minor rust off my beast.
The legends we write help us grasp the truth.
SamJJJ

Post by SamJJJ »

burkey567 wrote:
tassuperkart wrote:Ummm well nah M8, the GX'x have the twin front lights. The GX is the upmarket version.

The GL's are the poverty pack base model hence no tacho. Is why I was surprised it had twin lights. Perhaps someone added them at some stage during a repair.

EXAMADNESS.
Lol. NO E15s in Oz M8. carb versions just known as plain E13 or E15.
Yep, there are a few auto N12's around. Evidently, they are not highly thought of strengthwise.

L8r
E
Hmm, interesting they look quite original, cause I saw another car like mine and it had the exact same front.
It's funny. Mine is an 86 N12 GL Hatch & it has never been in a smash & has the twin headlights also. Mine is an auto aswell but it's a 1.6 not 1.5 which is surprising. It's also an E16 engine & says so on the compliance plate. I guess I'm just a little confused at the differences between these cars when they should be the same.
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Hmm, interesting. Idunno, I see a couple driving around with twin headlights around my area, so who knows. Think it was a luck of the draw thing, haha
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
SamJJJ

Post by SamJJJ »

You still see some driving around? That's awesome. Mine seems to be the only one getting round in my area. They just don't exist out my way. A real shame, you know? I am totally in love with this car & make it a goal to keep it stock. I'll share pictures soon. & for a GL, it's seats are amazingly comfortable. & the interior space is unbelievable!!! :D
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Oh wow, none. Bit of a shame, when you get some pictures let me know, I would love to see it. They are quite a surprisingly comfortable car, whenever my friends come for a ride they find thats one of the best features. For interior space, I'm a bit over 6 foot and I can fit in the car perfectly, which is rare for a pre 90's car, even my dads old datsun 200B wagon didnt have as much room as this car!
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
SamJJJ

Post by SamJJJ »

The only thing that is a slight pain (but not hard to live with) is the oil it consumes. I'm not really sure why but it really drinks the stuff. Just burns it up. Doesn't leak just all gets used up pretty quick. I had a MAJOR oil leak repaired when I first got the car. When I got the car, all it's oil seals were cracked & were hard as concrete, all belts were cracked, very old & covered in oil, CV boots were shredded, radiator was full of very old coolant & rusty sludge & it still ran like a dream!
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Really, my car doesnt use any, at all. Well at least it still ran fine, thats whats great about these things, run em to the group fix up 1 - 2 things and it will run without a problem, great fun to drive
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne