N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

My 1986 N12 Pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
madn12

Post by madn12 »

SamJJJ wrote:
burkey567 wrote:
tassuperkart wrote:Ummm well nah M8, the GX'x have the twin front lights. The GX is the upmarket version.

The GL's are the poverty pack base model hence no tacho. Is why I was surprised it had twin lights. Perhaps someone added them at some stage during a repair.

EXAMADNESS.
Lol. NO E15s in Oz M8. carb versions just known as plain E13 or E15.
Yep, there are a few auto N12's around. Evidently, they are not highly thought of strengthwise.

L8r
E
Hmm, interesting they look quite original, cause I saw another car like mine and it had the exact same front.
It's funny. Mine is an 86 N12 GL Hatch & it has never been in a smash & has the twin headlights also. Mine is an auto aswell but it's a 1.6 not 1.5 which is surprising. It's also an E16 engine & says so on the compliance plate. I guess I'm just a little confused at the differences between these cars when they should be the same.
all 85 and on had twin light setup (GL,GX), 86s had twins with the e16 for unleaded. Also something interesting to know there was actually a model under the gl called the 'e' but wasnt actually badged at all the back other then the nissan pulsar... had am radio, no clock AT ALL(just had 'NISSAN' where the clock/tacho is, no remote boot popper and vynal seats lol all in poo brown inside with the e13 4spd i couldnt help but shudder when i cam e across one once :lol:
85 n12 n/a manual pulsar - extractors | muffler | coilovers <gone
86 n12 et pulsar - vl tb | pod | coilovers | full kit
88 tn magna with worked n/a motor
96 te magna dumped on 18"s
02 tj VRX
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Ahh cool, thanks for that mate. The "e" sounds weird, and rare might grab myself one just for that reason
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

The funding for the restorations:

My Home Business:
Computer Repair Melbourne
Computer Sales Melbourne
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

madn12 wrote:Also something interesting to know there was actually a model under the gl called the 'e' but wasnt actually badged at all the back other then the nissan pulsar... had am radio, no clock AT ALL(just had 'NISSAN' where the clock/tacho is, no remote boot popper and vynal seats lol all in poo brown inside with the e13 4spd i couldnt help but shudder when i cam e across one once :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: YUK! :lol:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Righto,
I have finally got around to giving it a wheel alignment, the drivers side was out by 3mm, not much but enough to make it a pain, and have it shaking around at high speeds. Love it now, the steering is so light, and the ride is more smoother.

I go for my P's on the 28th of Feb, so hopefully that will happen, and then I can go for cruises with you lot, that should be fun.

Engine update: Perfect. Except for the fuel pump, it seems to be leaking out some petrol, so I'll be fixing that once I get my P's, then we should go back to being fuel efficient. Well, even more fuel efficient. I filled up the car with new transmission fluid, oil and coolant, and now we have a sweet running car. So I'm pleased with all this.

Cheers,
James
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
SamJJJ

Post by SamJJJ »

I did the same thing to my N12 recently. It's magical. It's like a new car. Good luck with your P's man. It's an unbelievable amount of fun! & most importantly, keep your beast running (as I'm sure you will). They are a top car (as I'm sure you know).
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

haha, sure man, this car will hopefully run for a while, cheers man, can't wait!!
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
sgs

Post by sgs »

P's?
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

yeah, its a Probationary Licence you get in Australia, it allows you to drive the car by yourself. At the moment I have to drive with my dad in the car at all times
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
sgs

Post by sgs »

Dumb! jst sat my full licence here in NZ, fuck we have it made. officer wasnt impressed with my driving but I passed!
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

lol, I would love to have that system over hear, I hate their bullcrap with the whole wait till your 18, make sure u've had you licence for a year, and log 120 hours just so we can throw the book out anyway. If people are gonna be idiots while driving, then doing all this crap isn't going to help. Just let us get our licence, and put more cops on the road, best way to do it.
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
sgs

Post by sgs »

I use to have a radar detector, romoved it because I never seen any cops lol And it only went off in the petrol station and when I went past the movies! did my learners when i was sixteen (could of done it at 15) now im 18 and on my full
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

lol, sounds alright.

I would love to have my full licence by 18, we have to wait until 22 or 23, dont remember but yeah, ur rules are awesome
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
sgs

Post by sgs »

I think we can sit our truck licence at 21!! :lol:
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

ok, yeah we can get our light truck licence at 18. But I prefer car then truck
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

My Home Business:
Computer Sales Melbourne
sgs

Post by sgs »

quick question about badges and stuff, mine N12 was a SGS? what is that mean!