N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Baz's Onevia

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
baz

Baz's Onevia

Post by baz »

Yes i know it's not an N12 but I've been a member long enough so I figure it ok to put this up?..PM me I'm breaking rules?

Most of you know I had a bright green exa with blingy wheels, so thats now been sold in over a year now but I still come on here to post etc, After I sold the exa i got a vp commodore ute then sold that a few months later and flew to Melbourne & picked up an S13 silvia (auto sr20de)

It did have the stock wing on the back but I took it of soon as i got home as it was fugly

Chucked some 16x8 & 16x7's on it, was like wow it's sitting high as

Then bought out my little friend & did this

left spring is stock height & right is the cut stock ones

then it actually say at a decent height for my driveway

Only reason I got an auto de one as it's cheaper to buy a auto de one and convert it to manual, so thats what i did

Got bored with the quiet exhaust so got this done

vertex side skirts

bogged up the spoiler holes & every other dent on the car

Then engine issues :( ..top end got a bit ticky (lifters at first then cams squeaking, took rocker cover off & found this)

So new head went on with new cams, lifters & what not then I was happy and the engine was now tick free, until around a month later the bottom end span a bearing, I searched around for a bottom end but no luck, so I thought fuck it, build up what I have so I know it's good rather than buying something else that I may have issues with

I had previously bought all the gear to turbo the DE engine, SO whilst the engine was out i got an oil drain fitting tapped into the block and manifold & turbo etc all slapped on, then the engine went back in, I also sourced out all DET gear for it, as in loom, ecu, cas, coil packs & rocker cover, So now it looks exactly like a DET, mounted fmic upside down where the radiator usually sits for shorter piping

Then got bored with the front end so I swapped my front for a 180sx front, making my car a ONEVIA, So then off came the front end & on went the 180 front

& on went the vertex rear bar a few days before i put the 180 front on

then a deep dish steering wheel with drift button e-brake

I am now sourcing out a new front bar as the one that came with the front end is UGLY as all fark, wtf were veilside thinking?..Anyways the car is about to be prepped for paint & I got rid of the twin tips zorst also

As the car sits now

My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

the Veilside front bar looks good with the rest of the matching Veilside kit Baz.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

no it doesn't, it doesn't match the car at all it's an absolute abortion.
glad you're ditching it dude.

but wtf is up with the cut springs... seriously dude, the s13 is an awesome basis for great handling. save up $500 and get a second hand set of coilovers.
when cheap suspension is so common why the fuck would you do anything else?

glad you got rid of the tips - that was way too american.
awesome steering wheel!

did you wire up the pop-ups or is it done the normal s13 half assed way? :P
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I actually agree with a360 here on most points.

I do like Onevia's tho. (Sileighty?)
Those pipes might have looked ok if they were done out of mandrel bends and slashcut nicely. Was just too ghetto.

However I reckon Baz's kit will look totally different once its painted to match the rest of the car.
Will reserve any opinion until then.

I always reckoned that veilside kits are too...... I dunno..... "busy" looking Ash.
You know, all those little frills and rolls and fiddle-arsed doo-dahs 'n stuff tacked on here and there but thats just my opinion.
The basic shape of them is very nice but looks a little overdone kinda thingy. Less is more sometimes.
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

yeah kinda agree to a point. i personally find the 180 Veilside kit agressive but not too over the top. there are a lot of kits that just take the frills way to far and i totally agree. i prefer the racier style kits like say an R33 400R kit (sex)
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

sil eighty is a silvia fronted 180sx
onevia is a 180sx fronted silvia
strawberry faced is with a s15 front end
and zenki (s1) and kouki (s2) s14 front end
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Theyarent called PHAILSIDE for nothing ash :P

omg is that Brendo in one of those pics?? I didnt know he ventured past his front gate
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

Nice car, love the front end.

Now just needs a good paint and a set of these wheels :D

Cheerz :wink:
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
baz

Post by baz »

Android 360 wrote:no it doesn't, it doesn't match the car at all it's an absolute abortion.
glad you're ditching it dude.

but wtf is up with the cut springs... seriously dude, the s13 is an awesome basis for great handling. save up $500 and get a second hand set of coilovers.
when cheap suspension is so common why the fuck would you do anything else?

glad you got rid of the tips - that was way too american.
awesome steering wheel!

did you wire up the pop-ups or is it done the normal s13 half assed way? :P
Cut springs were really only just for looks, if you jack the car up they fall out of their seat so you have to lower the car slowly & put them back in their seat, they ride like an absolute bucket of shit tho, coilovers are next on the list, the headlights are wired up exactly how a 180 has them, I have the up & down button from a 180, as for the front bar i have never liked veilside & don't think i ever will, only reason it's on the car is because it came with the front end, I would run no front bar if it didn't attract attention from the popo, I have worked out my color scheme, the bonnet, roof and boot are going black with the mirrors and pillars black, then the body is going the weird blue that i have, I have a mate that works at a body works & he got me some PPG paint at an awesome price :D ..So i have 4L of base coat which is actually a sick color, then 4L of the weird blue/green & 3L ish of black, the blue that is the top coat has a heap of random pearls in it, so matching will be pain, I also stuck a 3" 4 point harness in for when I enter the hill climbs & drift days & I'm thinking about getting some 32 gtst seats as 3 out of 4 bolt holes match up & the only mod to make them fit is a plate to adapt from seat rail to floor hole, I'm wanting to get some bigger wheels just to give me a little more height off the ground as it isn't driveway friendly, Should have the boot lock shaved of within the next few days
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

baz

Post by baz »

Yeah Matt it's Brendo :P ..I actually convinced him to venture outside of the yard :D

baz

Post by baz »

So I've just got rid of the Onevia & this is how it looked when I sold it, but a heap lower in the front as i changed suspension after i took the picture

No veilside bar yay..I now have a new car which I'll post up now